Age difference between spouses

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sara1981 said:
have any Royals who have older husband and younger wife who more ages and she younger.

Sara Boyce

Princess Haya of Jordan is only 30. Her husband, Shk Mohammad, cp of Dubai, UAE is 58 I believe. Plus, Princess Haya's father, King Hussein was much older than 3 of 4 of his wives. I'll have to look up their birthdays to see exactly how much older.

ally_cooper said:
Crown Prince Felipe will have 37 on 30th and CP Letizia have 32 years-old.

And yes, King Willem was 41 years-old than his wife, Queen Emma!!!
The picture guy is cute. Who is he?

Princess Rym of Jordan is about 5 or 6 years older than her husband Prince Ali of Jordan.

sara1981 said:
in 1977 my mom was younger and my dad was older but its really odd for me im not sure what years is!

mostly Royals who is older or younger whatever!

how about Earl and Countess of Wessex? Prince and Princess of Wales? Duke and Duchess of York? Princess Anne and her first husband and second husband who is older or young in Royal Family.

Sara Boyce
The Earl of Wessex is one year older than his wife but The Duchess of York is one year older than her husband.The Earl of Wessex was born in 1964 and The Duchess of York was born in 1959.

Wasn't Wallis Simpson older than Edward?

Eliza

sommone said:
Princess Rym of Jordan is about 5 or 6 years older than her husband Prince Ali of Jordan.

she was born in 1969 and he was born in 1975 so she's about 6 yrs older than him.

-eliza

Princess Alexandra and Prince Joachim of Denmark.

is queen silvia not only a year older then king carl

The Duchess of Cornwall is one year older than The Prince of Wales.The Duchess was born in 1947 and the Prince of Wales was born in 1948.

Also the Duchess of Kent is 2 years older than her husband the Duke of Kent.Her Royal Highness was born in 1933 and His Royal Highness was born in 1935.

I find that more so with Europeans, the stigma that goes with the Older Woman/Younger Man is almost nonexistant. I find it refreshing. It is becoming more acceptable here in the States.

michelleq said:
I find that more so with Europeans, the stigma that goes with the Older Woman/Younger Man is almost nonexistant. I find it refreshing. It is becoming more acceptable here in the States.

So to speak, it depends upon the persons social standing in order for some not to judge the age differance and then some are judged regardless. Look at Catherine Douglas married to Michael Douglas, he is twenty pluss years older than her and people referred to her as a gold digger. the Same was said about Billy Evans who married Chris Evans who is seventeen years older than his wife and they accused her of looking for either a sugar daddy or another father figure. Also they acused him of being a cradle snatcher. So it really depends upon who's viewing at the time, in order to determine what Europes general opinion on tha matter is. No offence meant :)

Sarah Ferguson was some months older than Prince Andrew.

I think the Duke of Windsor was older than Wallis.

What's that saying... Love conquers all... :)

im 7 older than my hubby , it doesnt matter , he told me

Prince Pieter-Christiaan was born March 22nd, 1972 and Princess Anita October 27th, 1969

How about the royal couples from past era?....many of the european crown princes married (arrange married) to other princesses who older than them....I'll post some if I find back my sources...As I know King Louise XVI of France was younger than his Queen (wife).

As I know King Louise XVI of France was younger than his Queen (wife).

That would be Louis XV who, I think, was about 15 when he married. His wife was about 22.

Louis XVI was a year or so older than his wife, Marie Antoinette.

Henry VIII was about 7 years younger than Catherine of Aragon (and that was part of their problem, that she was worn out by pregnancies and aging while he was still a young man).

Catherine was born in December 1485 and Henry in June 1491, so there were five and a half years between them.

Eh, yeah, I've got a thing with dates.;)

Gloriana said:
That would be Louis XV who, I think, was about 15 when he married. His wife was about 22.

Louis XVI was a year or so older than his wife, Marie Antoinette.
Ups yes you're right...what I meant is Louise XV (sorry:eek:, thanks for the correction), and I think louise XIV also younger than his queen

Last edited:
Princess Yasmine bint Assem of Jordan (the eldest sister of Princess Noor Hamzah) is two years older than her husband Basel Yaghnam.
She was born in 1975 and he in 1977. They have one son, Hamzah (as far as I know) b. in April 2008.

Princess Sofia is one year older than prince alois of liechtenstein,
Princess Basmah is one year older than prince hamzah of jordan,
Princess Rym is 6 years older than Prince ali of jordan,
Princess Fahdah is 2 years older than prince Hashim,
Princess Ghida talal is older than Prince Talal of jordan
Queen Sylvia is older than King Carl gustav of Sweden

Empress Teresa Cristina of Brazil was three years older than her husband, Emperor Pedro II of Brazil. She was born on 14 March, 1822, and he was born on 2 December, 1825. They married on 30 May, 1843, when she was 21 and he 17.

Princess Claudia of Orleans-Braganza is about 9 months older than her husband, Prince Francisco of Orleans-Braganza. She was born on 11 July, 1954, and he was born on 26 April, 1955. They married on 28 December, 1980, when she was 26 and he 25.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom