Royal Websites & Social Networking

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
which royals operate their own facebook / twitter accounts?

i know rania and madeleine are some who operate their twitter / facebook account respectively. i believe MM also uses her own twitter.

Royal Websites & Social Networking

I've started following the Danish RF on Instagram. I think it's great that more RFs are starting to get their own Instagram now (I'm already following a few others), but I wish the DRF would have English captions in addition to the Danish ones, like the SRF do. It's easier for non-Danish speaking followers like myself obviously, but also opens up to a wider base of royal watchers. But, I can understand why they just post in Danish.

Welcome back, HereditaryPrincess!

I'm not sure about Tessy's "Claudine Smith" either. If she's trying to be less noticeable, it'd be better to change her username tessy_de_luxembourg or make her instagram private.

Welcome back, HereditaryPrincess!

I'm not sure about Tessy's "Claudine Smith" either. If she's trying to be less noticeable, it'd be better to change her username tessy_de_luxembourg or make her instagram private.

Thank you, Prisma :)
You're right; if Tessy uses "Claudine Smith" in an attempt to make herself less "searchable" on social media, it would be better to make her whole account more private and less obvious. Perhaps it's an inside joke she has between one of her friends or Prince Louis? I've seen a lot of this between friends on Instagram (my own name on the site includes an emoji that's part of a joke between my friend and I), so I think that could be a possible explanation.

I think Harry was spikeymau5 on Instagram. Meghan followed him at one point, and under "recommended users" it included Lady Kitty Spencer, Chelsy Davy, Cressida Bonas, etc. But I think his account has been deleted now.

I know that in addition to Tessy, the princes Felix, Claire, Sebastien and Alexandra are also on Instagram and Facebook. And other members of Luxembourg's grand-ducal family are also on these social networks.

107k following in 20 minutes. Not too bad. :lol:

Looks like the Sussexes are about to get their own twitter account as well. Exciting stuff.

Harry and Meghan have been removed from KP twitter. No word yet if they get their own account or fall under the royal family

They seem on track to break the record for the fastest time to gain one million followers on instagram. The current record is 11 hrs 36 min, held by Kang Daniel of Korea.

Harry and Meghan have been removed from KP twitter. No word yet if they get their own account or fall under the royal family

I see it as another step in the direction of the Sussexes forging their own social media identity, separate from the Cambridges.

Although it will trigger the usual rumors about a strained relationship between William/Catherine and Harry/Meghan, it is an expected development as the two brothers are now adults, with their own families and different roles within "the Firm".

:previous: It makes sense to get the couples to have their own social media accounts now they're their own family units. Even here on TRF they have their own family boards, so it seems like a sensible decision to have separate Instagram and Twitter accounts. Saves for less clutter, but people always like gossip.

They seem on track to break the record for the fastest time to gain one million followers on instagram. The current record is 11 hrs 36 min, held by Kang Daniel of Korea.

9.25 BST and it has hit the 1 million mark inside 6 hours

And they've now surpassed a million. :flowers:

I think one really positive aspect of this is that it has the capacity (if things keep going the way they are) to demonstrate that royal followers are a lot less divided than some people might claim. There are a few very loud voices - on both sides - proclaiming that "everyone" loves their favoured couple and only a few fanatics actually likes the other. I've seen a lot of predictions that when Harry and Meghan had their own social media, everyone would abandon KP because they think everyone's like them and can't stand W&K. There have also been dire predictions that no-one would follow H&M because *those* people think everyone's like them and can't stand H&M.

Basically, there have been a few people screaming their heads off on either side, with some unknown number of people in the middle.

Well, now we'll have a better idea of how many people are in that "yeah, I like both of them" camp. And early indications are pretty good.

SussexRoyal is already at 1.1 million since I've been writing this post. And Kensington Palace's IG is up 37K followers in the last 4 hours, probably because more people realized it was there due to the news coverage.

In short, a rising tide lifts all boats. And the tiny minority of people on either side screaming their heads off that you have to choose one or the other can go pound sand.

Yes, thank you Eya. It was lovely of Eugenie to post that greeting!

I can't. believe sussexroyal has over 1 million followers now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom