Royal Voices & Accents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone have a video of Marie Cavallier speaking, or Kate Middleton speaking?

The only Royals that I've ever heard speak are QEII, Prince Phillip, Prince Charles, Princes William and Harry, Princess Diana, QMII, Prince Henrik, Prince Joachim. And they all spoke English. The Danish Royals had a strong (but not as strong as the BRF) British accent. Prince Fredrik spoke English with a mixture of British and American accent's. Not to British and not to American. A soft accent. I wish I had speakers on this computer so I could hear them speak!!! I wonder what Maxima sounds like...? I think I've also heard Letizia, and I remember thinking, Wow, she's got a strong clear voice!

I think Maxima's and Queen Beatrix' voice are the total opposite.
Beatrix' voice sounds very girly and soft . Maxima's voice sounds so deep and smoky.
I like both their voices, but I am alsways surprised again when I hear maxima speaking... because then I think: This voice doesn't really "fit". ;) You expect something different when you see her.

The voice that most surprised me, when I first heard her speak a few years ago,was Princess (now Countess) Alexandra of Denmark - i'd expected her to have a least a trace of an Asian accent, but she sounds like she's come from the south of England - probably a results of attending British schools etc. Just out of interest, what's her accent like in Danish (I can't tell the diffferent between picture-perfect and absolutely awful Danish). Thanks!

What about Crown Princess Victoria...anyone have any speaking video on her

Teyler's Museum

ChanelWindsor said:
here is one i found its from youtube...you have to listen very carefully to understand her but here it is...

YouTube - Princess Victoria of Sweden visits Teylers Museum

As you can see in the video, Teylers Museum in Haarlem (near Amsterdam) is one of Europe's most beautiful museums. It remained in original 19th C state and survived all attempts to break down walls and replace glass vitrines and stained glass by modern materials.

I did not know the Crown Princess visited this museum in my country.

On this picture you see one of the halls, the light from the glass roof is transferred to the glass in the middle of the floor to the level beneath. Very inventive for the 18th C!

I saw a program of the Swedish royals, and it had Victoria at Princess Amalia of the Netherlands' christening. She said something about the weather in English. I think she has a good, strong voice. It's not deep, it's just strong.

There is also a video on YouTube of the King of Sweden speaking English. He has a good voice as well.

GlitteringTiaras said:
In the Royal House of Denmark sub-forum, in the topic Danish Royal Family videos I posted a DR1.dk documentary about a then Princess Alexandra. Here it is again. Her Danish is perfect and the tone of her voice is lovely.

I've never seen this video before - and it says that it can't find the file. Can you help, please?

And for those wondering what she souns like, but who also can't get that video is one where she talks to UNICEF after the Tsunami. Unicef Danmark - Prinsesse Alexandra i New York. Although the title's in Danish, as is the page, the video is in English.

Yes! That is exactly the video. I knew it was at the opening of the casle, but I didn't remember the name.

Are there any videos of the Spanish Royals speaking English?

Felipe's voice is not what I imagined. I would have thought that his voice would have been as deep as his fathers, and his mothers!

I was surprised by Felipe's voice when speaking English. In Spanish his voice is quite deep but in English it's completely different!

Also, I know she's only young, but is there anywhere I can hear the voice of Princess Elisabeth of Belgium? Thanks! :flowers:

Felipe. I watched part of his wedding on Telemundo, and I was surprised by his voice. I think it was just that his voice wasn't as velvety and deep as I might have thought. I also thought it was funny to hear his lisp, which seemed out of place in someone who is otherwise so very royal in demeanor. (I honestly don't mean any offense to anyone by this- I know from when I was in Spain that this is the norm, and was actually started hundred+ years ago from the royal household. It just isn't the norm here in the US, and politicians and celebs work hard to get rid of the lisp, so please don't be offended)
I believe the "lisp" is the correct way of pronouncing certain Spanish words. The Spanish spoken in the US is more South American than classic (Castillian) Spanish.

Felipe speaks like a teenager who's going through a voice change, it's quite funny to watch (and listen) actually:lol:
You may think that a big guy like him would have a velvety-soft voice but isn't his case:D
I watched the video and I still laugh about the "We're gonna be FATHERS" slip, it's quite funny how nervous he seemed when he said that:ROFLMAO:

LadyK - when you learn Spanish Spanish it has the 'lisp' in it. It is the correct way to pronounce it. I have learned a very little of the language - but enough to make me be surprised when I hear the Latin American form without the 'lisp'! I suppose it is like the differences between British and American English!

Also, about the Scandinavian Royals speaking good English - don't forget that both the Norwegian and Swedish families had British Princesses married into them. Maud of Norway was the sister of George V of GB, and both the wives of Carl Gustav's grandfather were British (Margaret of Connaught and Lady Louise Mountbatten). Also Princess Lilian is British.

Felipe speaks like a teenager who's going through a voice change, it's quite funny to watch (and listen) actually:lol:
You may think that a big guy like him would have a velvety-soft voice but isn't his case:D
agree, gotta say that his voice is a huge disappointment actually, can't help it.

Agree also with all of you who think Maxima's voice is not what one would expect, that is very true. You somehow expect a voice that's less deep.

The, THE best royal voices in my opinion are:

Beatrix:

feminine, warm, caramel-y. If she seems distant, when you hear that voice, you just know there's a warm-hearted person there.

Willem Alexander:
Anyone, anyone hearing his voice, will instantly like it, it's that velvety. Great, great, voice, masculin, sexy really.

Diana:
ok well, she's no longer among the living, but I always found her voice as surprising as Maximas in that it's so deep, or, deeper than you would expect.

Charles has a gorgeous voice as well, but that terrible haugtier-than-thee accent, yuk, that's an immediate downer though.

W-A's voice is a total turn-on, I mean, the guy can seduce a woman on the phone!:lol: :ROFLMAO:

I watched the video and I still laugh about the "We're gonna be FATHERS" slip, it's quite funny how nervous he seemed when he said that:ROFLMAO:

Yes, otherwise his speech was fine with what I think is a cross between American and slight British accent. What do you think?

My favorite royal voice was Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte's. It was so unique, most likely due to her smoking, but I found it to be very calming and warm. I still can't believe that she is no longer alive...

Back
Top Bottom