The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-07-2007, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK
I think--no, I know--King Harold V spent WWII in Canada. I read an anicdote on this forum somewhere that when he came back to Norway, his grandfather could barely even understand him. Maybe someone else remembers the details of it.
It's true. When they lived in Canada CP Mrtha always wanted her children to speak Norwegian at home, because the prince and princesses were still very young and she feared they could forget their own language.

Old 02-12-2007, 10:36 AM
Aristocracy

lalla salma has a default of pronunciation in arabic she pronounce "tche" in spite of "t"

Old 02-13-2007, 08:31 AM
Nobility

Queen Rania of Jordan

Cpula Mundial da Famlia +1
press mensagem de apoio

Qeen Noor of Jordan

http://media.walkeragency.biz:8080/a...nd%20Table.wmv

Prince Of Dubai Sheikh Hamdan:

.:: ::.

Princess Haya of Jordan:
http://www.gavialliance.org/resources/haya.asf
Old 02-14-2007, 07:49 AM
Gentry

martha -lousie voice is between amercian and pommy i should say, its very clear and very nice , its nice she is so laid back.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:48 PM
Gentry

I saw Rania on Oprah a while ago but I remember she had a great command of the english language. From what I recall she didn't constantly say, "um" which really impressed me because it shows she understands english well enough to have to pause and think. As for her voice I thought it was lovely. It wasn't high pitched or too deep but pleasant to listen to.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:02 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...sOfIa....
I was shocked when I first heard Maxima talk- Her voice didn't seem to fit her (if you get me)
Mxima was a shock for me, as well! I was expecting something softer or more feminine... she has a nice voice and everything, but it doesn't fit the joyfull pics of her laughs, I think.
On the other hand, Mathilde's voice was all I was expecting from her... very sweet, as her personallity!

As for the English accents, I would naturally expect Mary to have a perfect accent, but there's something really odd about Mary's ... I've heard her speaking English and she has the Australian accent, but in the engagement interview it just seemed she wasn't a native speaker at all...
Old 02-19-2007, 10:54 AM
Courtier

I couldn't possibly agree more, Elsa M. Mxima's voice is quite dissapointing...pairs up incredibly well with WA's though...

Still, it shows strongness, which I believe is a quite remarkable asset...

Queen Beatrix's, on the contrary, is firm but not so...masculine, if i am allowed to say so
Old 03-20-2007, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Princess Mary

Princess Mary talking with little children (in Danish)

http://mediamaker.dk/cancer/mediamaker.php?id=118
(link posted by GlitteringTiara)

Old 03-20-2007, 08:28 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verde Esmeralda
I couldn't possibly agree more, Elsa M. Mxima's voice is quite dissapointing...pairs up incredibly well with WA's though...

Still, it shows strongness, which I believe is a quite remarkable asset...
I agree to disagree on this one - I think Maxima has one of the more pleasant voices out there. It is really, really low and deep. Which I like. But I also think that it indicates her smoker's past very clearly. Smokers develop deeper voices over time.

As for Alex's voice, I think it's the best part of him. Very deep and masculine.

Same really with Maxima's voice, which is the opposite of a girly voice. Instead, her voice is 'all woman', which I like because indeed, it just sounds more real, and stronger.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:37 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

I was not surprised at Maxima's accent at all. From looking at her, I expected it to be deep. She looks like she's big boned with a deep chest not petite.

Why did you all expect her voice to be girly?
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 03-20-2007, 08:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK
The voices of Mette-Marit, Haakon, QEII, Charles the Prince of Wales, Letizia (so professional, so journalist-like), and the late Princess Diana (so soft, so sweet) did not surprise me when I heard them. They seemed to make sense, or just to fit them- when I heard them, I said to myself, 'Yep, that's so-and-so."

I was suprised by the voices of Maxima, W-A, Felipe, Rania, and Mary.
Maxima because I had no idea how deep her voice was!! It was not at all what I imagined. Her laugh isn't quite as infectious as you might think, given her infectious smile.

W-A, I didn't realize how deep and rich his voice was. It is somewhat majestic. I thought his voice would be....more adolescent or something, I think, and not so deep. I like it.

Felipe. I watched part of his wedding on Telemundo, and I was surprised by his voice. I think it was just that his voice wasn't as velvety and deep as I might have thought. I also thought it was funny to hear his lisp, which seemed out of place in someone who is otherwise so very royal in demeanor. (I honestly don't mean any offense to anyone by this- I know from when I was in Spain that this is the norm, and was actually started hundred+ years ago from the royal household. It just isn't the norm here in the US, and politicians and celebs work hard to get rid of the lisp, so please don't be offended)

Rania- with Rania I was very impressed by how well she speaks English, without much of an accent. (I found out later that she when to the American University)

Mary- I don't know what exactly I expected. Maybe a little higher, but I don't know. I just felt a little surprized.
you sum it up pretty well, Lady K!

By the way, I've never heard the voice of former princess, current countess Alexandra of Denmark. Anyone have a link to an interview with her?
Old 03-20-2007, 09:09 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga

By the way, I've never heard the voice of former princess, current countess Alexandra of Denmark. Anyone have a link to an interview with her?
Not an interview but you can hear Alexandra and Joachim exchange wedding vows in video.

Unfortunately it was all I could find.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 03-20-2007, 09:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

In the Royal House of Denmark sub-forum, in the topic Danish Royal Family videos I posted a DR1.dk documentary about a then Princess Alexandra. Here it is again. Her Danish is perfect and the tone of her voice is lovely.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:49 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras
In the Royal House of Denmark sub-forum, in the topic Danish Royal Family videos I posted a DR1.dk documentary about a then Princess Alexandra. Here it is again. Her Danish is perfect and the tone of her voice is lovely.
Wow, thanks so much, watched the whole thing, she seemingly sounds like a native! Couldn't understand much though beyond general topics, and the thing was shot in 2003, and poor Alex and Joachim had to wax lyrical about each other for this documentary knowing how reality was probably a bit less rosy! Wish the doc had subtitles.

Re. her voice: it was more nasal than I expected somehow, but for the rest just as one would expect Alexandra to sound! Little Nicolai and Joachim are also on the tape of course, Joachinm comes across as interesting by the way! AND he has a nice voice, too!

Thanks again for the link!
Old 03-21-2007, 12:51 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Not an interview but you can hear Alexandra and Joachim exchange wedding vows in video.

Unfortunately it was all I could find.
thanks, I get a bit nostalgic watching it! What a fairy tale it was, how handsome Joachim looked, how sure his voice sounded when he said "JA"
Old 03-21-2007, 02:59 AM
Heir Apparent

No problem, Princess Olga, glad you enjoyed the series.

I thoroughly enjoyed the program despite the fact I could only understand a little (I'm learning Danish at the moment.) Prior to this series I have heard Prince Joachim speak at great lengths and I'm still amazed at how perfectly he speaks English. If I didn't know anything about him, and heard him speak based on this show, I would have thought he was British.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:51 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by isis
lalla salma has a default of pronunciation in arabic she pronounce "tche" in spite of "t"
yes, I heard her also on moroccan Tv, and she has this default
I try to found the register of her speech but I don't found it
Old 04-24-2007, 01:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I agree to disagree on this one - I think Maxima has one of the more pleasant voices out there. It is really, really low and deep. Which I like. But I also think that it indicates her smoker's past very clearly. Smokers develop deeper voices over time.

As for Alex's voice, I think it's the best part of him. Very deep and masculine.

Same really with Maxima's voice, which is the opposite of a girly voice. Instead, her voice is 'all woman', which I like because indeed, it just sounds more real, and stronger.
Mmm I never said that Mxima's voice was unpleasant, but dissapointing. I expected something more .. I don't know if 'girly' is the word, but more 'feminine' maybe. Then again, I am not saying she sounds like a truck driver...

WA's voice is awwwwwwwwwesome. Very suitable for a King....
Old 04-24-2007, 01:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty
Princess Mary talking with little children (in Danish)

http://mediamaker.dk/cancer/mediamaker.php?id=118
(link posted by GlitteringTiara)
I don't really know a single word of Danish, but she seems to be really confident while speaking it..and children seem to understand what she says
Old 05-11-2007, 04:40 PM
Royal Highness

Does anybody have any videos, audioclips, etc. of Queen Margrethe speaking English? Or Danish, as a matter of fact. I have never heard her speak.