The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-03-2011, 11:45 PM
Majesty

This is a little blast from the past. Someone posted a voice recording of Tzar Nikolai II over in the section dedicated to the Imperial Family of Russia.

Occasional voice recording of the Emperor Nicholas II, the parade of His Imperial Majesty separate Grenadier Corps in honor of the birthday of the Sovereign.

Commanded the parade, Lieutenant-General Baron von Eck Eduard Vladimirovich.

01 - 04 sec. Lt. Gen. Edward V. Eck:
"Listen to (inaudible)! Brothers! I drink to the health of our dear Sovereign Leader Emperor Nicholas Alexandrovich! Hurrah!"

39 - 41 sec. Children's voices:
"Hurrah Hurrah!" Anybody else, except as a voice Tsarevich Alexei Nikolaevich, it can not be.

05 sec. - 1 min. 02 sec. The orchestra plays the national anthem Russia Empire.

1 min. 03 sec. - 1 min. 12 sec. Lt. Gen. Edward V. Eck:
"To the ceremonial march - rifle on his shoulder! Quick march!"

1 min. 13 sec. - 1 min. 48 sec. The orchestra played a Kroup military march "Homesickness."

1 min. 49 sec. - 1 min. 53 sec. Emperor Nicholas Alexandrovich:
"Brothers! Thank you for the full parade!"

2 min. 08 sec. - 2 minutes. 13 sec. Emperor Nicholas Alexandrovich:
"Thank you, brothers, for a excellent apprenticeship!"

Clip and synopsis, courtesy of dvoynik_nikolay.

And here's a clip of Queen Victoria. I don't know when it was recorded, and the quality is not the best, but nonetheless, it's pretty amazing to hear the voices of the people we have discussed, learned and read about.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:59 PM
Heir Apparent

People have commented on the way that Prince Albert sounds American. It's true that he speaks English as though he was born on this side of The Pond. But, honestly, when I listen to him, he doesn't seem to have American inflection. Americans end their sentences by lowering their pitch. Prince Albert's inflection, to me, sounds kind of Canadian. He has a lilt to his speech that sounds like he was born north of the border. He has definite "up-speak", which is a Canadian trait. Perhaps it has something to do with also speaking French.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post

Old 12-04-2011, 03:55 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
People have commented on the way that Prince Albert sounds American. It's true that he speaks English as though he was born on this side of The Pond. But, honestly, when I listen to him, he doesn't seem to have American inflection. Americans end their sentences by lowering their pitch. Prince Albert's inflection, to me, sounds kind of Canadian. He has a lilt to his speech that sounds like he was born north of the border. He has definite "up-speak", which is a Canadian trait. Perhaps it has something to do with also speaking French.
I think it's perhaps the fact that his American accent is developed from his relatives (and mother) from Philadelphia where an accent isn't like a General American accent, nor regional like a New York or Bostonian accent, and can seem more Canadian. But I agree with the rest of what you said.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Commoner

I agree that albert when he speaks English sounds American. But there are many accents in America. To me he sounds like he is from New England portion of the US. Since he went to Amhurst and his mother was American, this is not suprising.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:18 PM
Heir Apparent

i want hear prince rainier speak & princess stephanie & duchess of cornwall
Old 12-04-2011, 12:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica Lauren View Post
I agree that albert when he speaks English sounds American. But there are many accents in America. To me he sounds like he is from New England portion of the US. Since he went to Amhurst and his mother was American, this is not suprising.
Albert has had many influences on his English, summer camps in the US, time spent with his Kelly relatives, studying at Amherst i n Massachussetts as well as at Bristol in England. Probably also influenced by his fathers more British accent when speaking English and that after Grace dropped her Philly twang at drama school she also adopted a sort of mid-Atlantic British accent when speaking. Albert also had a Britsh nanny when he was a child.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:38 AM
Aristocracy

Interesting topic

Back in June, I was surprised how deep and gravelly The Princess Royal's voice was, when watching one of the two documentaries made in honour of The Duke of Edinburgh's ninetieth birthday. I imagined her voice sounding more like The Queen's.

I was also surprised at how Queen Margrethe and Prince Albert sound when speaking English. I couldn't detect any hints of their native accents when watching the relevant videos in this thread. Queen Rania also surprised me in this respect.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love Princess Charlene of Monaco's voice. It is so soft, warm and good to hear.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:08 AM

i love princess rasyidah voice, very soft and manja
Old 01-04-2012, 01:19 AM
Majesty

When I saw Mary and Frederik of Denmark in New York City this past October, I thought that Mary's voice was very sweet and quiet. Frederik has a nice voice as well.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:27 PM
Serene Highness

Here is a clip where you can hear princess Lilian and prince Bertil of Sweden speak: Prinsessan Lilian berättar om sin uppväxt - Det kungliga bröllopet | SVT Play
Old 03-06-2012, 12:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Here is Princess Marie speaking english.I think she speaks it very well!

Also,Joachim speaking english.
Old 06-02-2012, 04:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Are there any clips available on which Princess Astrid of Belgium and her family talk?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Here is King Harald speaking english. He does sound American!

His Majesty's speech during official visit from the U.K. - YouTube
Old 06-18-2012, 03:24 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Here is King Harald speaking english. He does sound American!
It's not so surprising as he lived in Washington, D.C. from 1940 to 1945, he was three years old when he arrived to the U.S. Here's a photo of prince Harald playing with president Roosevelt's dog Fala: Prince Harald of Norway plays with Franklin D. Roosevelt's Scottish terrier, Fala, at Laura Delano's home in Rhinebeck, New York. - IH038833 - Rights Managed - Stock Photo - Corbis
Old 11-04-2012, 07:27 PM
Serene Highness

Received pronunciation

Prince William's cut-glass accent is a little less polished than Kate Middleton's - Telegraph

Catherine has such a beautiful speaking voice, she is 'posh' without sounding snooty lol .
Old 11-04-2012, 09:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl View Post
Prince William's cut-glass accent is a little less polished than Kate Middleton's - Telegraph

Catherine has such a beautiful speaking voice, she is 'posh' without sounding snooty lol .
I love Catherine's voice. It's very soothing and pleasant. William has a nice speaking voice as well. I think both of them would be absolutely wonderful at reading books to children.

Old 11-04-2012, 09:47 PM
Heir Apparent

William speaks estuary English, Catherines voice is more clear and polished.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Here is Princess Marie speaking english.I think she speaks it very well!

Also,Joachim speaking english.
Wow, Prince Joachim has a lovely voice! Never would have expected it to sound like that!
Old 11-05-2012, 10:21 PM
Nobility

Check out Princess Anne's voice in this interview from 1985 with Terry Wogan. She looks just lovely, what with her hair, her outfit and the fact that she smiles showing her teeth every few seconds. I love her smile in the thumbnail of part 3! Such a pretty girl!