Royal Twins

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought this thread wasn't about twins anyway, (there have been lots of those, even in previous centuries) but any possible Royal triplets, quads, quins etc?

Last edited:
I thought this thread wasn't about twins anyway, (there have been lots of those, even in previous centuries) but any possible Royal triplets, quads, quins etc?

Never heard of any more than twins. But in past times one of hte French Louis had twins, (LXV?) and Henri II of France, (wife Cath de Medici) had twin daughters (Jeanne & Victoire) who died at birth or in infancy. Margaret of Prussia (Ed VII's neice) had 6 sons, and there were TWO pairs of twins

The lack of triplets plus in the modern era isn't a surprise - but the news about the waldeck pyrmont three was pretty neat.

The lack of triplets plus in the modern era isn't a surprise - but the news about the waldeck pyrmont three was pretty neat.

WHy? I mean why would there not be triplets plus in the modern era?

Albert (1792-1798), died on sea, when the family fleed of Napoleon Bonparte from Napels to Sicilia. He died in the arms of Lady Hamilton, a friend of Maria Karolina.

Amelia - yes - but there was another Maria Amelia too (1782-1866), who was born, when her elder sister was still alive.

It's not easy to find names for 17 or 18 children. - There were 2 Carlos . Carlo I. (1775-1778) and Carlo II. (1788-1789), named after there paternal grandfather.

Amalia/Amelie come from the paternal grandmother Maria Amalia Saxony-Spain (1724-1760, + 35).

Maria Theresia (1772-1807, + 34), from the maternal grandmother and Francis/Franz (1777-1830), from the maternal grandfather.

I edit my post.

Grand Duchess Militza Nikolaievna, the wife of Grand Duke Peter Nikolaevich, gave birth to twin daughters Marina and Sofia in March 1898.

Do you know any example of identical royal twins? In real life, I mean, not fiction.

What about the princesses Sara and Aisha bint Faisal? Based on the few pictures I've seen they seem identical twins (but I could be mistaken).

Last edited:
King Christian II and Queen Isabella of Denmark were the parents of twins Philip Ferdinand and Maximilian. The twins were born July 4, 1519.

In June 1554, Catherine de Médicis gave birth to twin girls Jeanne and Victoire de France.
Sadly Jeanne died during the difficult delivery and it almost killed her mother ,her sister Victoire was weak from birth and died on August 17th, 1556.

It was decided after this that Catherine would not have any more children and had already had 10.

309px-Livre_d%27heures_de_Catherine_de_Medicis_04.jpg

Back
Top Bottom