The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-08-2010, 12:38 AM
Courtier

myroyal's: CARL PHİLİP&SOFİA

Carl P. driving a volvo suv

Old 05-12-2010, 10:47 AM
Nobility

Do most royals drive themselves when not on official business? I don't think Elizabeth and Phillip do, but I recall that Charles does or did. What about other monarchs?

Old 08-14-2010, 08:50 AM
Commoner

royal carriage

can anyone introduce the royal carriage.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:55 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Which royal carriage?
Old 08-14-2010, 09:14 AM
Commoner

i saw that different royal have different type carriage. I want to know their history.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:21 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

British Royal Carriages.
The Monarchy Today > Ceremony and symbol > Transport > Carriages

Dutch Royal Carraiges.
Dutch Royal Carriages, Cars, Ships and Airplanes
Old 08-14-2010, 09:34 AM
Commoner

the other royal are less using carriage. i cannot find many photo
Old 08-14-2010, 09:53 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Carraiges are usually used on traditional state occasions, like Trooping of the colour in the UK and Prinsjesdag in the Netherlands.
Other royals have less traditional events and choose to use more modern transport. Such as the Danish New Years Court event, the royals travel by car to the palaces.
But they do use this carraige to travel in when they hold the reception at Christianborg.
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

However when they greet guests from Airports on State Occasions, usual a carriage is used.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:24 AM

Cars Of UAE Royal Families?

Lets share some amazing cars belonging to UAE royal families. Post pics of the cars you know. i start with this one.

Belongs to Sheikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the Ruler of Dubai and the Prime Minister of UAE with the expensive number plate in dubai

http://www.imagebam.com/image/fb570a102372669
Old 02-24-2011, 02:06 PM
Commoner

Here is the Sultan of Brunei driving around in his Mercedes Benz ML55 AMG and G500. This was when he was checking out the floods.
Infofoto 004
Infofoto 011

This one is a photo of His Majesty, together with his Prince and Princess, getting out after driving a Mercedes Benz ML55 AMG in London
RAMLI_003

This one is a photo of the Crown Prince getting out of his Lamborghini Murcielago
MASRI_001
MASRI_002

This one is a photo of Prince Mohammed, the Sultan's brother, seen getting out of a Mercedes Benz SLS AMG and Mercedes Benz S65 AMG
H.YUSOF IMG_2779 02
MASMALEH_01
SAHRIZAL_00

Here is a photo of the Sultan's other brother, Prince Sufri driving in a Porsche Cayenne
MASMALEH_01
MASMALEH_03
Old 02-24-2011, 02:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

I saw an "in the flesh" Cayenne last week. I want one. In my younger years, I had a boyfriend who had a Lamborghini Espada. After the first time, I wouldn't ride in it as you kind of had to stand on your head to get out of the car!!!

Thanks for the nice photos. They are handsome people.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:23 PM

Can anyone identify the Chauffeur in this picture of he Queen Leaving Prince Edward's 30th Birthday Celebrations At The Savoy Hotel. She Is Getting Into The Daimler Doublesix J52PWK (Photo by Tim Graham/Getty Images) Date 16 Mar 1994.
What Tartan is the blanket?
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

More on www.daimlerdoublesix.co.uk
Old 04-24-2011, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda View Post
HM's Rolls Royce & Bentley vehicles all run on Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG). They were converted from petrol some years ago.
the cars that HM queen Elizabeth like .
Old 04-24-2011, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
I saw an "in the flesh" Cayenne last week. I want one. In my younger years, I had a boyfriend who had a Lamborghini Espada. After the first time, I wouldn't ride in it as you kind of had to stand on your head to get out of the car!!!

Thanks for the nice photos. They are handsome people.
Kitty, the Cayenne is fairly common in the UK. I'm in Spain at the moment and I've just seen one parked outside a small two bedroom terraced house in a not very posh area. They're ubiquitous in Europe.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:35 PM
Aristocracy

Does anyone have pictures of HRH Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge driving her Audi A6 or Prince William's Audi A6 leaving her parents' home with her sister Pippa and heading to london for her wedding ?

Thanks,
Brent R. von Behrens II
Old 06-23-2011, 05:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

A lot of the members of the British Royal family drive Audi's (William and Catherine, Edward and Sophie for example.) Does Audi sponsor their usage or do they purchase the cars themselves? They seem to have new cars almost every year, which is what made me think they were sponsored but now I am not so sure.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:49 PM
Commoner

I wonder what the Duchess of Cambridge drives now? I know her family have range rovers and Mercedes C Class?
Old 01-25-2012, 10:58 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by victoria200122003 View Post
the other royal are less using carriage. i cannot find many photo
Here are photos of the Swedish royal carriages: Vagnarna - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

And the royal cars: http://www.kungahuset.se/kungligaslo...800012676.html
Old 01-25-2012, 12:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynGirl View Post
I wonder what the Duchess of Cambridge drives now? I know her family have range rovers and Mercedes C Class?
Catherine still has her old Audi A3 which she uses. Typically in London she is seen in either a Range Rover or a Jaguar XJ or an Audi A8 from the Clarence House fleet.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Royals in traffic on the road

I just was wondring when the royals are on the road in traffic do they have all the streets blocks and stop for them? just wondering today i was stuck more than 2 hours because the president was passing through, i could not belive the police and security operation they closed all the freeways, streets, it was crazy, if you were on the west side of the freeway you couldn't go to the east side and viceverse, a police told me exit in the next street and wait there around 45 minutes to an hour until they open the streets again, it was a really nightmare all the cars, trafic,etc..... and very anoying.... it was a rush hour completely anoying
So I was thinking do the royals in Europe do the same? have the city stop for them everytime they step outside their castle?