Royal Tattoos

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paula**

Courtier
City
Lisbon
Country
Portugal
Hey guys, I really wanna know if there is any royal with tattoos???
I heard Crown Prince Frederick does have, is true?

Last edited:
Yes its true he has one,on one of his legs

Princess Stephanie of Monacco has one too. I think on her feet or leg... don't know exactely.

Any pictures of the tattoos?

hey in the topic title is "tatoo" missing a T
sorry :p

Crown Prince Frederik has got 2 tattoos. The first is a shark tattoo, which is the insignia of the Danish Navy’s elite frogman corps. His other tattoo features his navy nickname “Pingo” (means penguin).
It appears that there are and were many royals who had tattoos. Here is an excellent page I am sure you will find very useful and interesting.

http://www.etoile.co.uk/Columns/RoyalScribe/040503.html

The article also mentions (I have read it in seceral other articles as well) that Prince Charles:eek: also has got a tattoo. While in this article it only says "there are speculations...", other articles I have read are pretty certain about it. :rolleyes:

Avalon said:
The article also mentions (I have read it in seceral other articles as well) that Prince Charles:eek: also has got a tattoo.
lol!I couldn't even imagine it..Prince Charles!I'd like to see it..;)

Princess Stephanie of Monaco has 7 Tatoo's.

Empress Elisabeth "Sisi" had got one tatoo.

I've heard that Infanta Cristina has a tatoo but I don't know where, maybe we should ask Iñaki:rolleyes: :p

Prince Emanuele Filiberto di Savoia and his wife have tattoos. He has one on his upper arm and she has one on her thigh.

His Majesty the late King Frederik IX of Denmark, father of the present Queen of Denmark, was known for his many tattoos.

I'm not sure but one of Danish Royal Ladies (princess Marie d'Orleans wife of prince Valdemar???) had a tatoo.

I personally have the Crown of Prussia on top of a Cyrillic P on my right shoulder, with Cross and name on my left in Cryliic, finished with the Royal Polish Bird on my chest all in the same yellow/gold color dedicated to my Royal Family of Royal Prussia who originated in Poland, which looks great! No picture though. Best Wishes, -King Fernidad Frederick of Prussia

Last edited:
Prince Charles has a tattoo?!? Now THIS I have got to see!

bonnita said:
who is Empress Elisabeth

Empress Elisabeth "Sissi" was the Bavarian duchess/princess who married Emperor Franz Josef of Austria, the same Franz Josef who was uncle to Franz Ferdinand, the assasinated Archduke whose death sparked the First World War.

King George V had several tattoos. After he became king, he declared they would never be seen again.

Avalon said:
Crown Prince Frederik has got 2 tattoos. The first is a shark tattoo, which is the insignia of the Danish Navy’s elite frogman corps. His other tattoo features his navy nickname “Pingo” (means penguin).
It appears that there are and were many royals who had tattoos. Here is an excellent page I am sure you will find very useful and interesting.

[URL="http://www.etoile.co.uk/Columns/RoyalScribe/040503.html"]http://www.etoile.co.uk/Columns/RoyalScribe/040503.html[/URL]

Frederik has the worst tattoos I have ever seen. His artist did an awful job. By the way, I do have the valid insight to critique him. Why? I've been around the tattoo industry for years and my past as well as current boyfriend are well known tattooers. Finally, I am tattooed and not little spotty tattoos here and there.

crisiñaki said:
Oh Dear! Is this a real photo - perhaps that is Frederik's head and someone else's body? I would hope so, but if not he truly does look awful. :ohmy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, that is a real photograph. A lot of sailors [he was in the Navy, remember] get a ton of tattoos and just because you're royalty doesn't mean you're exempt.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also belive that the father of King Juan Carlos I of Spain had a number of tattoos.

King Paul of Greece also had tattoos. Must be part of the sailor culture, even if you're a royal!

I like King Frederick's tattoo-he reminds me, looks like a young Marlon Brando

magnik said:
I'm not sure but one of Danish Royal Ladies (princess Marie d'Orleans wife of prince Valdemar???) had a tatoo.

Princess Marie's only daughter Margrethe once said about her mother that she had a tatoo on her shoulder depicting a naval motive because she was very proud of beeing a 'sailer wife'... Prince Valdermar however was not keen on that tatoo so when she was lowcut in public she hide it with her sleeve.

According to people who knew her, princess Marie was quite special with a lot of funny ideas...

Anybody got pictures of Crown Prince Fredriks tatoos?

Does anyone know what Prince Frederik's tattoo is?

Back
Top Bottom