Royal Quotes (famous ones and/or great ones)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Oh, I understand that perfectly. That's how we feel in Scotland too, but the English won't allow it." (after an Afrikaner in South Africa said they didn't like royalty and thought that S.A. should become a republic)

What a champagne response :ROFLMAO:

I love the one about the Queen's holiday to Greece. Everyone heard that the Queen was on this Greek Island and so they all hired small boats to follow Britannia. The Queen, Lady Pamela Hicks and a bodyguard were on the beach when this small craft stopped and shouted, "Have you seen the Queen?!". The Queen jumped up and yelled, "She went that way! She went that way!". The craft sped off and the Queen could enjoy her sunbathing.

Incorrect, BeatrixFan.

It was not Greece, but Australia during the post Coronation Tour of 1954 where that infact took place.

On the Great Barrier Reef (Northern Queensland) I believe, or so Lady Hicks herself noted in the BBC bio miniseries, Queen & Country with William Shawcross (2002).

Last edited:
Secrets of the sock drawer | the Daily Mail

And where else could you read about a young Prince Charles on a family picnic, refusing to give up his cushion to the Prime Minister on the grounds that 'I'm tired too. I've been running about'?
Or about an evening at Balmoral, relaxing with the Queen, the Duke and — incongruously, given the entertainment on offer — the Principal of the Church of Scotland: 'Afterwards a film in the ballroom. It was a French X film about gang warfare with a very loud soundtrack and shots of women with breasts exposed.' Clarissa has a ready wit and a deliciously dry sense of humour. She gives a very amusing description of the two Soviet heavyweights, Khrushchev and Bulgarin, overwhelmed after meeting the Queen: 'The two Russians were very excited in the car going back to Claridge's, saying: "The Queen said to me..." "No, she said that to me," and so on.'

b.gif
Any sane person would have left long ago. But I cannot. I have my sons.

Anywhere I see suffering, that is where I want to be, doing what I can.

Being a princess isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Call me Diana, not Princess Diana.

Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.

Don't call me an icon. I'm just a mother trying to help.

Everyone needs to be valued. Everyone has the potential to give something back.

Everyone of us needs to show how much we care for each other and, in the process, care for ourselves.

Family is the most important thing in the world.

Helping people in need is a good and essential part of my life, a kind of destiny.

HIV does not make people dangerous to know, so you can shake their hands and give them a hug : Heaven knows they need it.

Hugs can do great amounts of good - especially for children.

I adore him... I have never been so happy. I have real love.

I am all about caring. I have always been like that.

I am not a political figure, nor do I want to be one; but I come with my heart.

I don't even know how to use a parking meter, let alone a phone box.

I don't go by the rule book... I lead from the heart, not the head.

I don't want expensive gifts; I don't want to be bought. I have everything I want. I just want someone to be there for me, to make me feel safe and secure.

I felt compelled to perform - to do my engagements and not let people down. And they supported me, although they weren't aware how much it carried me through.

I have a woman's instinct and it's always a good one.

I know it's just a job they have to do, but sometimes I do wish they wouldn't.

I know that I can give love for a minute, for half an hour; for a day, for a month, but I can give and I'm very happy to do that and I want to do that.

I like to be a free spirit. Some don't like that, but that's the way I am.

I live for my sons. I would be lost without them.

I love to hold people's hands when I visit hospitals, even though they are shocked because they haven't experienced anything like it before, but to me it is a normal thing to do.

I remember when I used to sit on hospital beds and hold people's hands, people used to be shocked because they'd never seen this before. To me it was quite normal.

I think like any marriage, especially when you've had divorced parents like myself; you want to try even harder to make it work.

I think the biggest disease the world suffers from in this day and age is the disease of people feeling unloved. I know that I can give love for a minute, for half an hour, for a day, for a month, but I can give. I am very happy to do that, I want to do that.

I understand people's suffering, people's pain, more than you will ever know yourself.

I want my boys to have an understanding of people's emotions, their insecurities, people's distress, and their hopes and dreams.

I want to walk into a room, be it a hospital for the dying or a hospital for the sick children, and feel that I am needed. I want to do, not just to be.

I wear my heart on my sleeve.

I will fight for my children on any level so they can reach their potential as human beings and in their public duties.

I wish all the mothers, fathers and children out there realize how much I need them and how much I value their support.

I'd like people to think of me as someone who cares about them.

I'd like to be a queen in people's hearts but I don't see myself being queen of this country.

I'm as thick as a plank.

I'm aware that people I have loved and have died and are in the spirit world looking after me.

I've got to have a place where I can find peace of mind.

If I am to care for people in hospital I really must know every aspect of their treatment and to understand their suffering.

If men had to have babies, they would only ever have one each.

If you find someone you love in your life, then hang on to that love.

It is a weakness that I lead from my heart, and not my head?

It's not sissy to show your feeling.

Life is just a journey.

My first thoughts are that I should not let people down, that I should support them and love them.

No one sat me down with a piece of paper and said, "This is what is expected of you. But... I'm lucky enough in the fact that I have found my role... I love being with people."

Nothing brings me more happiness than trying to help the most vulnerable people in society. It is a goal and an essential part of my life - a kind of destiny. Whoever is in distress can call on me. I will come running wherever they are.

Only do what your heart tells you.

People think that at the end of the day a man is the only answer. Actually, a fulfilling job is better for me.

Perhaps we're too embarrassed to change or too frightened of the consequences of showing that we actually care. But why not risk it anyway? Begin Today. Carry out a random act of seemingly senseless kindness, with no expectation or reward or punishment. Safe in the knowledge that one day, someone somewhere might do the same for you.

So many people supported me through my public life and I will never forget them.

The biggest disease this day and age is that of people feeling unloved.

The greatest problem in the world today is intolerance. Everyone is so intolerant of each other.

The kindness and affection from the public have carried me through some of the most difficult periods, and always your love and affection have eased the journey.

The people that I care about are the people out there on the street. I can identify with them.

There were three of us in this marriage, so it was a bit crowded.

They say it is better to be poor and happy than rich and miserable, but how about a compromise like moderately rich and just moody?

This boy is dead now, I knew it before taking him in my arms, I can remember his face, his suffering, his voice.

What must it be like for a little boy to read that daddy never loved mummy?

When you are happy you can forgive a great deal.

Whoever is in the distress can call me. I will come running wherever they are.

Yes, I do touch. I believe that everyone needs that.

You can't comfort the afflicted with afflicting the comfortable.

My personal favorite from Diana, after hearing the "Camillagate" tapes..."Is Charles MAD??! No child wants to hear about their own parents DOING IT!!"

Also regarding Camilla..."What does Charles see in that woman? She looks like a horse".

Certainly politically incorrect, but I roared with laughter when I read it!

Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother had an excellent sense of humor.

When Lady Edwina Mountbatten(whom she apparently didn't like very much) was buried at sea it was televised. The Queen Mother reportedly cackled .."Well, Edwina always did like to make a SPLASH"

Also there was a fire drill at one of the Royal Palaces and Princess Margaret refused to get out of bed and evacuate. One of Margaret's tearful servants ran to the Queen and told her that the Princess wouldn't get out of bed. The Queen Mum just kept on going and said "Oh well, I suppose she'll just have to burn!"

Very funny lady.

Queen Fabiola in a letter (2003) to remember the dead of her husband 10 years ago

"The love of my husband was an endless source of happiness for all who surrounded him and also for himself. He let me drink this source and also now I draw from it every hour of my life. He could burst out in hearty laughing each moment and that changed spontaneous in an almost constant smile we never got enough of."

"This openess of heart and spirit he carried in him by nature, was the key to his inexhaustible ability to remain surprised, and because of that he could tast the real values and the beauty of life. He owned the unspoilt freshness of a child, which protected him against pride."

"Thanks to him I still learn every day the value of patience and I realise that each human being is a gift for the other."

"To me he remains a unique gift, today, tomorrow and for eternal."

King Baudouin of Belgium

"I have no strenght for tomorrow, but only for today. I have to learn to go through the present moment."

This almost brings tears to my eyes. What an amazing King and Queen. Every time I read about them I feel more and more inspired!

"Quem quer rainhas, paga-as!" ("If you want a Queen, pay for it!"). This famous quote of Queen Maria Pia of Portugal (*1847 +1911), née Princess of Savoy, was an answer to one of her ministers, who admonished her for spending too much money on clothes and other extravances...

HA!! Attagirl Maria Pia...I love this LOL!

Well, this is my first post.. I've been digging through some of the back posts on the various forums. Some of my favourite quotes:

"But if we did that, we'd have to go self-service!" - HM The Queen Mother, responding to a PM's suggestion that the Palace should fire all homosexuals

"Are you sure, dear? You have to reign all afternoon, you know." - HM The Queen Mother, when HM The Queen mused about having a second glass of wine with lunch

"My Golden Jubilee!" - HM The Queen responding to Tony Blair, who had said 'the' Golden Jubilee

There is two of the late Princess Grace of Monaco's personal quotes.
1.Hollywood amuses me.Holier-than-thou for the public and unholier -
than -the devil in reality.
2.I hated Hollywood.It's a town without pity.I know of no other place
in the world where so many people suffer from a nervous breakdowns,
where there are many alcholics,neurotics,and so much unhappiness.

And the unpopular Princess signature I use it's something all can go
by.

Elizabeth I

"I have the heart of a man, not a woman, and I am not afraid of anything"

"I declare before you all that my whole life whether it be long or short shall be devoted to your service and the service of our great imperial family to which we all belong."

Queen Elizabeth II on the day of her coronation

"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".

Prince William

"We are not amused"

Queen Victoria

:previous:I think the first quote was on her twenty-first birthday.

"I have said this in the past and I will continue to repeat it as long as I live: Whoever tries to hurt our national unity is my enemy until the day of judgement."

- King Hussein I of Jordan (1935 - 1999)

Last edited:
"I must suffer like this so my people will come together again."

- Blessed Emperor Charles (Karl) I, the last Emperor of Austria (1887 - 1922)

"I have said this in the past and I will continue to repeat it as long as I live: Whoever tries to hurt our national unity is my enemy until the day of judgement."

- King Hussein I of Jordan (1935 - 1999)
same like king Abdulah said ,

“In America, there’s a sense that anything’s possible. It’s a luxury, that blind faith and idealism, that sense of, 'I can do something about my life.'”

queen noor of jordan (1951-)

~ War over water would be an ultimate obscenity. And yet, unfortunately it is conceivable... Water has been a source over so many years of erosion of confidence, of tension, of human rights abuses, really, of so many in areas whose traditional water supplies have been controlled and depleted by occupational authorities. That must stop if we're going to be able to develop a climate for peace ~

Queen Noor of Jordan (1951-)

~ War over water would be an ultimate obscenity. And yet, unfortunately it is conceivable... Water has been a source over so many years of erosion of confidence, of tension, of human rights abuses, really, of so many in areas whose traditional water supplies have been controlled and depleted by occupational authorities. That must stop if we're going to be able to develop a climate for peace ~

Queen Noor of Jordan (1951-)

I must say Queen Noor is a very good speaker :D

"They've been practicing long enough." - Nov. 2010 Prince Charles when asked about his reaction to William and Catherine finally becoming engaged. Cracks me up everytime I see the clip.

"They've been practicing long enough." - Nov. 2010 Prince Charles when asked about his reaction to William and Catherine finally becoming engaged. Cracks me up everytime I see the clip.

The deadpanning cracks me up too. Love that type of humor.

"Amsterdam, Rotterdamm, and all the other dams, damn them all!"
- King George V on requests by his government to go on state visits

"Amsterdam, Rotterdamm, and all the other dams, damn them all!"
- King George V on requests by his government to go on state visits

:ROFLMAO: That's great. Thank you for sharing.

This is the first time I have heard this quote from Charles. It made me laugh because it reminds me of something one of my parents or sister would say about me and my boyfriend. haha

Kristin, the second quote on your page above has to be one of my recent favorites.

"In order to avoid discord, never contradict anyone except in case of sin or some danger to a neighbor; and when necessary to contradict others, do it with tact and not with temper."

- King Saint Louis IX of France

I do love this quote:ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom