Royal Quirks

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

angiep

Gentry
City
Mt Pleasant Mills
Country
United States
I was wondering if anyone knew any of the Royals odd or quirky habits. I know Prince Charles turns his signet ring when he's nervous. Has anybody noticed any habits of any other Royals?

Prince Albert of Monaco Always plays with his Pinkeys when in public.

Princess Stephanie of Monaco often touches her nose when she is nervous.

Princess Michael of Kent touches her neck in a way that is very similar to the actress Blythe Danner.

QEII freezes while smiling as if she is disoriented and then snaps back a second or two later.

angiep said:
I was wondering if anyone knew any of the Royals odd or quirky habits. I know Prince Charles turns his signet ring when he's nervous. Has anybody noticed any habits of any other Royals?
I have noticed that he fiddles with his sleves too, and often puts a hand in his pocket, and William does this too, he also purses his lips together a lot.
I think Queen Elizabeth twists rings around her fingers a bit too, and I believe Princess Diana was a nail biter for most of her life.

I notice Queen Elizabeth twist her engagement ring when she angry. Her
staff know to quietly intervene when that see that ring start to twirl.

I have noticed how the Queen smiles she does sort of freeze Diana was a nail biter and she always blushed very easily. William and Harry have also said that Charles is very old fashioned. I also heard Charles only uses one kind of toilet paper or something when traveling. Only one brand I can't remember what its called. The Queen always wears gloves when around commoners.

According to Brian Hoey in his book, "At Home with the Queen", Her Majesty doesn't like square ice cubes and so a special machine that makes round ones had to be installed in all the Royal residences. She also doesn't like men with beards.

BeatrixFan said:
According to Brian Hoey in his book, "At Home with the Queen", Her Majesty doesn't like square ice cubes and so a special machine that makes round ones had to be installed in all the Royal residences.

That is indeed quite the quirk! What's wrong with the normal rectangular square cubes? Does the ice last longer if it's round or does it taste better in drinks?! :confused:

And when she travels abroad and is served a drink with ice cubes, what does she do? I'm sure she has far too much manners to not accept the drink, but the non-round ice cubes in them -- what does she do?!

The book says that the square ones clink and rub together and she doesn't like it. lol.

BeatrixFan said:
The book says that the square ones clink and rub together and she doesn't like it. lol.

And the round ones don't apparently! :p I wonder how the author found out that little tid bit?

It's a brilliant book actually and details alot of the Queen's daily life. I'll dig it out and post some of the wierd quirks. For example, Princess Anne allows 15 minutes for each meal because she says they waste time.

BeatrixFan said:
It's a brilliant book actually and details alot of the Queen's daily life. I'll dig it out and post some of the wierd quirks. For example, Princess Anne allows 15 minutes for each meal because she says they waste time.

So then Princess Anne doesn't subscribe to the "chew every bite 100 times for good digestion" rule then I guess?! For some reason it doesn't surprise me that Princess Anne only allots 15 minutes in her day per meal ...

BeatrixFan said:

15mins. I guess I should be glad I have never had lunch or dinner with her. I couldn't eat that fast....unless its McDonalds & I'm driving & eating

According to the book, she only eats fish and (direct quote) ;

Her staff say if she could take a tablet instead of eating, she would. She never has a large meal and is uneasy at State Banquets because she is often faced with 4 courses she just doesn't want.

Frederick William I of Prussia (1688-1740) had the kitchen accounts checked.
He would complain if a few eggs were used than he had allowed for.

Last edited:
Not so much a quirk, but King Baudouin always had a priest travel with him, who was "disguised" as a diplomat. He even took a priest to China when that was a no-no to have Christian services on Chinese soil. I believe the communion service took place at the Belgian embassy for security purposes and the Belgian staff was sworn to secrecy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom