Royal Passions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
royals work

Royals should not carry common jobs, it really ruins the mystique of it. They can found a charity and work for it and let it grow and help people, but as far as being a mailman or icecream vendor....gah. :)

haha why dont they just get beuty treatments all day while spending the day by da pool :)

Princess Stephanie, a singer???

Australian said:
What do you guys think about Princess Stephanie of Monaco having a singing career?
I vaguely recall that she really made a go at it one time. I believe I heard her singing on some show that was some kind of documentary about her family and really, I think her singing is an acquired taste :p. At that time, I could not see her burning up the record charts with hit upon hit. But who am I? :D

do all the stuff they won't do in public...pick their nose, fart, talk with their mouthful muhahahaha

I think Stephanie had one hit, or something like that. As I wasn't too old at the time, and only have heard it referenced to in books, and magazines, I'm not so sure.

Considering the offical schedules of royals are often set months in advance they must schedule personal commitments like vacations and family also in advance too. Despite all the work they do, they must have some time to themselves to spent time with their family or just relax at home.

do you guys think about Princess Stephanie of Monaco having a singing career?
She had once... she had a hit in the summer of 1986? and it was played al over Europe. I remember hearing it in a documentary about the rf.
And she recorded an album but I dont think it went very well...

Charles is an avid watercolour painter

Eliza

carlota said:
She is? Cool. I will have to ask for her opinion the next time I see her. :p [/b]
;) yes, she is...
it was said that she will be the one who chooses the music of the wedding, since she knows so much[/QUOTE]
Wow. I did not know that. That is cool. There was some good music in the wedding.

I heard "Irresistible" in some music documentary few years ago..Maybe someone know more about it? At that time I was a toddler, so I can't remember how good was her singing..

I mean in time when "Irresistible" was hit, 1986.

A few weeks ago I had commented on a thread about Princess Victoria that we ought not judge so much on clothing and someone aksed, well, on what then? Today I saw some photos of Queen Sofia of Spain at a concert and I realized that I don't know all that much about what is said to be the "passions" (not romantic) about many of the royals that I follow on this board. Perhaps there has already been a similar thread, but what is said to be the Royal Passions, distinct from Royal work, of the various and sundry royals?

I mostly follow the Spanish Royals so i know more about them, but here are the few I know:

Queen Sofia: Classical music is her thing, the german composures in particular. Wagner above all else.
King Juan Carlos: sailing and big game hunting are his sole obsessions
Infanta Elena: Horse Jumping
Marichalar: Fashion
Princess Letizia: Passionate about literature, theater and Wagner (which she shares with her mother-in-law), and, believe it or not, food. She and Felipe are big "gourmands"--which is perhaps why two of the world's greatest chefs cooked at their wedding (Adria and Arzac).
Prince Charles: Watercolor painting, architecture and organic farming
Queen Margarite: Design and theater
Princess Mathilde is a classical pianist

Can anyone share what are the "royal passions" of other royals?

Queen Beatrix: sculpturing, horse riding and modern art.

Princess Maxima: dancing

Queen Paola: gardening

Queen Sonja: skiing, the outdoors and art. She also sailed a lot when she was younger.
Princess Märtha Louise: Horseback riding.
Crown Prince Haakon: Extreme sports
King Harald: Sailing
Crown Princess Mette-Marit: Interested in art.

Prince Willem-Alexander and his uncle Mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven (Princess Margriets husband) enjoy scooba diving. Prince WA also likes to fly airplanes.

Friso and Mabel both: tennis,diving, theatre and modern dance
Friso: golf
Mabel :cooking, hockey, reading, sailing :D
Laurentien : fitness, sailing, traveling, reading and photography

Eva-Britt said:
Mabel :cooking, hockey, reading, sailing :D

Attending to her collection of bows? :)

Here I have a picture of Friso playing golf in Hilversum (the Netherlands) :D

Attachments

• Prins%20Friso%20040804.jpg
    Prins%20Friso%20040804.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 375
Princess Caroline is a good horsewoman, she also likes fine arts.

Infanta Cristina of Spain is very good at sailing, she was the spanish flagbearer at the Seoul'88 Olympic Games and she sails in several regatas like the Breitling and the King's Cup in Mallorca, besides, she is the president of the International Federation for Disabled Sailing, she's also an accomplished classical pianist and she would have liked to be a concertist like her aunt Princess Irene of Greece; Cristina's husband, Iñaki Urdangarín was one of the greatest handball players of Spain (and maybe the world), he went to Three Olympic Games, won two bronze medals and got almost every european and world championships at this sport...

King Frederik IX of Denmark was an accomplished musician and led the Danish Royal Orchestra more than once, there's even a record (album) of him directing it...

Crisiñaki, it's very interesting your information about the great found of pianist player of the Infanta Cristina. Has you ever heard her ? It's very well know the taste of Queen for classical music but i didn't know that she had transmitted her tasts to her girl.

well I've never heard her playing but I found the info here:
http://www.abc.es/informacion/princesas_de_cuento/cristina/biografia.asp
in the last paragraph:
The Infanta is a great music lover, she's very good at playing piano and would have liked to be a concertist like her aunt Irene of Greece. In 1990 started the Infanta Cristina Piano Contest ; there's also the International Guitar Contest of HRH Infanta Cristina that is held since 1985 and it's hosted by the Jacinto Foundation and Ignacio Guerrero. She also likes scupture, painting and architecture.

She has two pianos in her house so I guess she plays regularly;)

The Dutch Royal House has, IMO, the best and most interesting information about the hobbies and interests of their members.

Here are some interesting ones (but not all!):

Queen Beatrix: sailing, sculpting, ballet, painting, and music

Prince Willem-Alexander: flying; sports of all kinds (he must be athletic), including tennis, rock climbing (very interesting), and skating. He even completed Elfstedentocht, the big skating marathon, which must have been quite a task. More info here.

Princess Maxima: nature, the arts, music, dance, and watersports, skiing, and running.

Prince Constantijn: drawing, football, music, cooking, tennis, golf, and skiing.

Princess Laurentien: reading, working out, travelling, tennis, sailing, and photography.

Princess Margriet: reading, the theatre, walking, riding, and the "culture, flora and fauna of the Arctic."

Professor Pieter van Vollenhoven: music (he was part of a trio that gave concerts to aid the Victim Support Fund, which he chairs), golf, diving, and the culture, flora, and fauna of the Arctic.

Prince Maurits: music, cooking, sailing, skiing, and running. He ran the New York Marathon with Princess Marilene and friends.

Princess Marilène: tennis, skating, and running. See above.

Prince Bernhard: windsurfing, sailing, swimming, skiing, and music

Princess Annette: tennis, hockey (interesting), skiing, the internet, and reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom