The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-23-2016, 01:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Grand Duchess (and Princess) Josephine Charlotte was Grand Duchess Maria Teresa's mother in law. They had a rather difficult relationship.

Old 08-23-2016, 02:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Jorge Horacio Zorreguieta Stefanini and María del Carmen Cerruti Carricart with their daughter Queen Máxima during the wedding of their youngest son Juan:
http://www.modekoninginmaxima.nl/sit...e/27613763.jpg

Old 09-22-2016, 04:31 AM
Courtier

Empress Kōjun (Nagako) and Empress Michiko:
An Imperial Monster-In-Law - Royal FoiblesRoyal Foibles
Old 10-11-2016, 10:36 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Grand Duchess (and Princess) Josephine Charlotte was Grand Duchess Maria Teresa's mother in law. They had a rather difficult relationship.
Thank you.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:56 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Now that we're talking royal mother-in-laws, its come to my mind that I've never heard anything about the relationship (if there even was one) between Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother and Princess Andrew of Greece and Denmark (Princess Alice of Battenburg).

Not being an expert in either of their lives, the little I know of both women, they seem to be totally different in character somewhat. Its been told that Alice lived for a while at Buckingham Palace so she must have, at some time, crossed paths with the Queen Mum. Perhaps a clue would be that its been told you could always tell where Alice was by the cloud of smoke surrounding her. Did the Queen Mum sit with Alice over gin and tonics or did she flee for the hills on the first whiff of smoke?

They were both very remarkable women who raised very remarkable children and it would be interesting to know.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)