Royal Moms On Duty

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Humera

Moderator Emeritus
Country
Canada
Looking at recent pictures of Queen Rania with her new baby gave me this idea for a thread. Are there many royal moms who take their children along with them on official duties. Princess Diana used to. What about current royals?

On her first official trip abroad a month ago, Queen Rania took 4 month old Prince Hashem to the US.
Here she is on the Today show with Katie Couric

Next Rania took Hashem with her to Bahrain where she was to attend an Arab Women's conference - June 11, 2005

Last edited:
Prince Hashem also accompanied his mom to Switzerland earlier this week for the Young Global Leaders forum

Nice thread!!! I belive gona be lovely!

Ingrid Alexandra has been with her parents quite a lot of places. Iceland, among others.

Ingrid Alexandra at Holmenkollen skifestival in 2004 and 2005

Ingrid Alexandra on an official visit to Iceland (note to Mette-Marit: Ingrid looks good in blue;) )

Ingrid Alexandra arriving in jordan for the wedding in May 2004

Love those pictures Larzen! thanx for sharing:)

As Queen Rania makes many trips abroad every year, she's often away from her kids. Prince Hussein and Princess Iman are old enough now and in school so Rania always takes Princess Salma abroad with her. I dont know if she'll still take Salma with her now that its Prince Hashem's turn to travel with his mom. That would depend on whether Salma has started going to school yet.

King Abdullah and Queen Rania with Princess Salma (born September 2000) in Kuwait, May 2001

This is a wonderful thread idea. Thanks for starting it ~*~Humera~*~. Prince Hashem is so adorable. Aww. And Larzen I agree about that 'hint' to Mette Marit. I don't have such a problem with the excessive use of pink (pink is gooood! :D) but different colours would be nice for a change. I think it's great that they're brining their children with them. It would be really hard leaving all of them at home for long periods of time.

what about Princess Diana? she took Prince William to Australia and New Zealand when Wills was baby in 1983 and also Harry too!

and Sarah,Duchess of York bring her 2 girls to somewhere or not!

CP Mathilde took her daughter Elisabeth to Netherlands for Willem&Maxima's wedding in 2002 and lots of more!

CP Maxima took her daughter Cathrina-Amila to trips somewhere!

have more pictures of future Kings and Queens and empress also or whatever children

Sara Boyce

in regards to Rania and her children, didn't Salma go with her to Sweeden a few years back? I thought that I saw a picture of Rania and Salma with Queen Silvia petting a raindeer.

ravergirl said:
in regards to Rania and her children, didn't Salma go with her to Sweeden a few years back? I thought that I saw a picture of Rania and Salma with Queen Silvia petting a raindeer.

Yes, she did go to Sweden with Rania because I saw the same photo you are talking about...although the only people I remember in the photo was Rania and Salma.

I agree, this is a good idea for a thread, Humera. I look forward to seeing other photos of other royal ladies and their children.

Thanks everyone:)

Prince Hussein, Princess Iman and Princess Salma waiting for their parents during the state visit to London in November 2001

Prince Hussein with his parents in Toulouse, France - July 2002

Queen Rania with Princess Salma in Paris - October 2002

Princess Salma with her parents on a state visit to Germany - October 2002

Queen Rania with Princess Salma during the state visit to Sweden - October 2003

Lalla Salma of Morocco with her son Moulay Hassan during the welcoming ceremony for the King and Queen of Spain - January 17, 2005

Princess Claire with Princess Louise in Blackenberge where Louise baptized a penguin after herself - April, 2005.

Last edited:
pdas1201 said:
Princess Claire with Princess Louise in Blackenberge where Louise baptized a penguin after herself - April, 2005.

Actually they just visited the park Sealife, there's no baptizing of pinguins going on in Belgium ;) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hannelore said:
Actually they just visited the park Sealife, there's no baptizing of pinguins going on in Belgium ;) :)

Hmm...that's funny, I thought I read somewhere that she baptized a penquin on the visit after her own name. But, since I am not too familiar with the BRF, I could be wrong....so take what I have said above in the caption with the a grain of salt;)

Queen Silvia took her children with her at some events

well here you go sara, Princess Diana with Prince William in Australia, 1983

Norway

Sonja with Martha Louise on the national day:

Sonja with Haakon Magnus and Martha Louise on King Olav 75 birthday:

National day 1980:

Goes a royal dad?

Mariella

Last edited:
Norway

June 6, 1980: Celebrating 75yrs of the Unrion between Norway and Sweden:

Visit Spitsbergen on Svalbard:

National day 1981:

Mariella

Norway

National day 1983:

Mariella

The king and queen of Sweden with their children on various official duties

Last edited:
Laurentien and Constantijn with Eloise and Claus-Casmir after the christening of Princess Leah of Norway:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom