Royal Moms On Duty

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Constantijn with Eloise in Princess Leah of Norway's chirstening in june:

Sonja with Haakon and Martha on a skifestival:

Again Caroline and her children
with Alexandra in Monaco 2001
with Alexandra and Ernst in Austria 2001
and Pierre, Charlotte, and Andrea in Monaco (Ernst and his first wife Chantal are behind Caroline)

Attachments

• 000001w.jpg
    000001w.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 382
  • 000002w.jpg
    000002w.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 323
  • 000027w.jpg
    000027w.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 334
Real nice photos, LaMinka! I really digged the old ones:) Where did you find them??

Just one comment to the ones from the christening. Leah Isadora (and Maud Angelica) doesn't have the title of princess, only their mother does, the kids have their father's surname, Behn. And they aren't part of the official royal family, just the private royal family.

KikkiB said:
Real nice photos, LaMinka! I really digged the old ones:) Where did you find them??

Just one comment to the ones from the christening. Leah Isadora (and Maud Angelica) doesn't have the title of princess, only their mother does, the kids have their father's surname, Behn. And they aren't part of the official royal family, just the private royal family.
Okey, i know that, but i write princess auto..

~*~Humera~*~ said:

I remember that :)
It was quite a fuss at that time because it was unusual in the BRF to take your children with you and the Queen wanted them to leave William in England. But Diana refused to do that *good decision*

The Duchess of York otherwise decided to leave her newborn daughter Beatrice with a nanny in england while she and Andrew travelled to Australia for two weeks or so *bad decision*

Last edited by a moderator:
yes I think no one doubts that Diana was a very loving and affectionate mother. You can see it in both William and Harry now. I was watching footage of William in New Zealand and it struck me how much he is like his mother when it comes to interacting with people. In that respect I think the British royal family of tomorrow will be quite different than the one today.
Its such a contrast to old footage I saw of Queen Elizabeth returning for a very long trip back to England and Charles, who was very little at the time, hardly recognized his mother. She gave him a little peck on the cheek.
Things were very different back then.

Last edited:
Beatrice was much younger than William when her parents went to Australia. I think William was at least eight or nine months old. Beatrice was a newborn. I don't know if it would be such a good idea to taken any newborn on long flights. Sarah took a lot of flack for a decision probably both she and Andrew made together. Then again, practically everything she did at that time was "wrong" according to the press.

Yes, Beatrice was much younger and that makes it even stranger. I mean, when you have a newborn, you don't want to be seperated from it, it' again all instincts.
You practically had to kill me to do this ;)

Queen Rania mentioned in her recent Hello interview that she couldnt attend Prince Charles' wedding because she was still breastfeeding her baby son Hashem and didnt want to leave him. He was just over a month old then. Since then she has taken him with her to all her overseas visits, the first one being her visit to the US late last May when Hashem was only 4 months old.

The Australia tour the Yorks undertook and QR's trip to US are not comparable. The Yorks were on the road for weeks, going from city to city. QR's trip are a few days at most and engagements were within a small geographic area. Taking a baby on the road doesn't make a better parent, and leaving a baby home doesn't equal to a bad or unfeeling parent. It comes down to what's best for the baby as the parents' see fit, not what someone else did.

I wasnt comparing the two at all. Ofcourse Queen Rania's situation is very different. While her trips may not be long, she travels all over the place all the time, as part of her official duties related to the many causes and organizations she's involved in. Which is precisely why she takes her youngest child (Princess Salma for years, and now little Hashem) with her, because she says she could otherwise be away from her kids for very long periods. Which is true in a way because many smaller trips over a short period of time can be more disruptive to one's lifestyle and that of one's child than one long trip away from home.
Still, my mention of Rania's situation was a general statement. Not a comparison to any other royal woman, especially since I didnt even mention the Yorks or Diana.

was not christian on his first royal duty with his mom when frederik celebrated his birthday , was it on a boat

then again it seems we are talking about royal mom that take their children with them on royal duty travels abroad, then i think the heir of Japan took thier daughter to the netherlands

All of the Jordanian children are already world travelers at young ages! Prince Hashem even made his first appearance on one of the most popular American morning shows at only four months old. He was even held by the one and only Katie Couric!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom