The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-21-2004, 08:31 PM
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger

Princess Grace of Monaco had several (one in Canada).

Old 06-21-2004, 09:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Naut2bGrimaldi@Jun 21st, 2004 - 7:31 pm
DO you know what year?

Old 12-01-2004, 05:20 PM
Serene Highness

Hmm... I'm trying to remember which years... I do remember from a book that it was of course between Albert and Stephanie. People say that is one of the reasons she spoiled Stephanie so much.

Elizabet the Queen Mother also had a miscarriage.
Old 12-01-2004, 05:33 PM
Royal Highness

I think she had also one after Stephanie..There is actually photo on Corbis saying that Princess Grace is pregnant with her fourth child, and that she came to London with husband and little Stephanie in order to have interviews with some prominent nannies..

It is really heartbreaking for all women who lost their child..
Old 12-02-2004, 04:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittencrews
Elizabet the Queen Mother also had a miscarriage.
Really? When?
Old 12-02-2004, 04:45 PM
Heir Apparent

I think in 1924 before The Queen was born.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 12-02-2004, 04:59 PM
Courtier

Thanks.

So sad anyway.:(
Old 12-02-2004, 06:17 PM
Aristocracy

Why happens a lot of miscarriages in the royal circle?
Old 12-02-2004, 08:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilah
Why happens a lot of miscarriages in the royal circle?
I don't think miscarriages happen any more in royal circles than in other sectors of society.

Miscarriages happen, unfortunately, to everybody, irregardless of social status, race, culture, etc.
Old 12-03-2004, 03:25 PM
Courtier

I agree with Nilah. I mean: I have never known women who had a miscarriage in all my life, except an aunt of my mother, who had one. It seems strange that there are so many among Royals (and some of them had severals): after all we are talking of few dozens of women.
Old 12-03-2004, 04:14 PM
Heir Apparent

I've known several who has had miscarriages. Most of the time they prefer to be alone in knowing it, and not let everybody know. Especially when it happens early in the pregnancies.

The risk for miscarriages is also why, at least the Norwegian palace, has an unwritten rule that the pregnancy must have entered the second trimester before it is announced to the public.
Old 12-03-2004, 04:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
I've known several who has had miscarriages. Most of the time they prefer to be alone in knowing it, and not let everybody know. Especially when it happens early in the pregnancies.

The risk for miscarriages is also why, at least the Norwegian palace, has an unwritten rule that the pregnancy must have entered the second trimester before it is announced to the public.
I know that the Danish palace has the same rule...

Old 12-03-2004, 04:18 PM
Courtier

Perhaps the reasons for the miscarriages occuring so "often" in the Royal circles is because of the pressures that seem to be placed on the women. They are watched constantly, and I'm sure that is a huge effect from the glare of the media, and often times the "hugeness" of their postions.
Old 12-03-2004, 04:28 PM
Aristocracy

I'm sure CP Mary and P Letizia are feeling the pressure to produce heirs to the throne as we speak. Shortly after Felipe and Letizia's wedding, there was speculation about a possible pregnancy. I'm sure Letizia did not feel too comfortable with that - I know I wouldn't.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:22 PM
Courtier

It's not that royals have miscarriages more often than the common woman, but the reason that it seems more prominent is that the spotlight is on them. You don't hear about miscarriages by non-prominent women but they do happen all the time. Actually, there is a high rate of miscarriages during the first trimester of pregnancy and this rate increases dramatically with age. As with most of the royal women, they tend to start families between the ages of 25 and 35. 35 years old is considered to be, medically, advanced maternal age.
Old 04-22-2005, 01:42 PM
Majesty

i do not think all of the royals houses report about this, maybe only when a pregnacy is confirmed
Old 04-22-2005, 04:07 PM
Serene Highness

How sad for all of these women. I've know women who have miscarried, some will speak of it and some won't. I think it just depends on the person.
Old 04-22-2005, 04:18 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlightrhapsody
It's not that royals have miscarriages more often than the common woman, but the reason that it seems more prominent is that the spotlight is on them. You don't hear about miscarriages by non-prominent women but they do happen all the time. Actually, there is a high rate of miscarriages during the first trimester of pregnancy and this rate increases dramatically with age. As with most of the royal women, they tend to start families between the ages of 25 and 35. 35 years old is considered to be, medically, advanced maternal age.

Also, with modern medicine, women are finding out they are pregnant much earlier than they would have earlier in history. Early pregnancy is when the risk of miscarriage is highest. Before all of this technology, many women who suffered a miscarriage wouldn't even have known they were pregnant, let alone that they had had a miscarriage.

I don't think royal women have more miscarriages than other women, I just think they are more publicized. I read somewhere that 10% of pregnancies end in miscarriage, mostly in the first few weeks.
Old 04-22-2005, 10:30 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naut2bGrimaldi
I believe it was in 1967 during Prince Rainier and Princess Grace's visit to Expo67 in Montreal.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:44 PM
Gentry

Unhappy

In the beginning Year of 1979 Queen Noor stayed in England as Guests of Anne Marie and Konstantin of Greece. There she had a miscarriage, which she describes in her Book " Leap of faith"