Royal Medical Conditions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nilah

Aristocracy
Country
Austria
Royals are not perfect either. There are some of them who suffer from different diseases but what kind of?

CP Al-Muhtadee Billah of Brunei has diabetes. His uncle, P. Sufri, has horrible growths on his skin. I don't know if they're cancerous or not.

the british royals suffer from haemophelia or ws it another generation

A long time ago, Australian.
It came from Queen Victoria and was passed, through her daughters Alice and Beatrice to the royal families of Spain, Russia and Hesse. It is unknown wether Princess Louise was a carrier as she had no children. It was also passed by her son, Leopold, who was a haeamophiliac to Princess Alice of Athlone who had two sons who died young as a result of haemophilia. It appears to have bred itself out of the various royal families.

Constatijn of the Netherlands is allergic for peanuts.

I have read somewhere that the King of Spain is haeamophiliac, and that he got it through the Russian line. But it is a long time ago, and I don't know the source. Have others heard this, or am I way off here?

royal_sophietje said:
Constatijn of the Netherlands is allergic for peanuts.
Queen Margrethe of Denmark is allergic for champange. i don´t think it must be fun for her at 12 AM at New Year.:rolleyes:

H.M. Margrethe said:
Queen Margrethe of Denmark is allergic for champange. i don´t think it must be fun for her at 12 AM at New Year.:rolleyes:
Interesting allergy! ... Just what is in the glasses then when Margrethe makes her speeches at a celebration, when she hosts heads of states or when she visits others?

KikkiB said:
I have read somewhere that the King of Spain is haeamophiliac, and that he got it through the Russian line. But it is a long time ago, and I don't know the source. Have others heard this, or am I way off here?
Waaayyy Off!
King Juan Carlos is not a haemophiliac. It would be impossible for him to be so. His grandmother, Queen Ena had three sons, two of which had haemophilia and one who did not. It appears that non of her daughters were carriers. The Kings father, the Count of Barcelona, was born without haemophilia and so it would be impossible for his son to be a sufferer.

Thank you for clearing that up:) It is important to clear up mistakes!

Alexandria said:
Interesting allergy! ... Just what is in the glasses then when Margrethe makes her speeches at a celebration, when she hosts heads of states or when she visits others?
Tequilaaa!

Last edited:
Haemophilia

rchainho said:
How do you know all these things?
I have been interested in genetics since studying it at school. The royal Haemophilia was used as an example and it has continued to fascinate me.

The link below contains some interesting information on the presence of haemophilia in Queen Victorias family

http://www.geocities.com/jesusib/hemophilia.html

Last edited:
how about Princess Diana or Prince William, Prince Harry, Prince Charles and Member of Royal Family have allgery whatever?

and also Earl and Countess of Wessex have allergery ?

Sara Boyce

Tracing royal geneology is all fine and good, however, without a DNA examination, there is no other conclusive way of determining if one is a carrier for a disease. That's why it's so hard to determine where certain disease came from.

I'm curious to know if royals who smoke have had considerable ramifications for their children.

Alexandria said:
I think that she migth be having white wine in her glas insted of champange, but i don´t know. I remember a picture wher she was to a party among her and Prince Henriks friends they had a glas of champange as a drink befor the dinner but queen Margrethe did not get any champange because she was allergic to champange, so she got a martini with ice. :cool:

i think you can be perfect despite of handicap or diseases

I think the greatest thing the British royals suffer from would be hay fever and sinusitus. The Queen and Prince Charles have both had ops to alliviate the probelm.
I remember that one of the Duchesses (Kent or Glouchester) suffers from epilepse ( I can't spell tonight)
The other thing is probably dyslexia - it is rumoured that Prince Andrew and Prince Harry suffer from it. But only Princess Beatrice has official received treatment for the learning disorder.
I think either the Earl or Countess of Wessex might have a soap allergy, but this might just be creative reading. In 1999 BP phoned ahead to an hotel to ask them not the wash their linen in any soap products, or something like that.

How is it possible to be allergic to champagne but not white wine? They're basically the same thing.

Elspeth said:
How is it possible to be allergic to champagne but not white wine? They're basically the same thing.

Maybe she's allergic to bubbles.....;)

Elspeth said:

I'm not an expert, but I think they are chemically different. I've even read that champagne shouldn't be drunk too often, because it isn't healthy.

Well, maybe it has to do with the extra yeast that's added or something, because otherwise champagne and white wine are the same.

I know some people are allergic to sulphites, which are often used as preservatives in wines, but that would mean she'd be allergic to still wines as well as sparkling ones.

Regarding the British Royal Family:
- Princess Beatrice suffers from dyslexia
- Princess Eugenie had corrective surgery on her spine
- Lady Louise suffers from exotropia
- Princess Michael of Kent has had skin cancer

wymanda said:
A long time ago, Australian.
It came from Queen Victoria and was passed, through her daughters Alice and Beatrice to the royal families of Spain, Russia and Hesse. It is unknown wether Princess Louise was a carrier as she had no children. It was also passed by her son, Leopold, who was a haeamophiliac to Princess Alice of Athlone who had two sons who died young as a result of haemophilia. It appears to have bred itself out of the various royal families.

Does anyone know what the scource of Qvictoria's hemophelia? ie where she inherited it from?:rolleyes:

i believe she inherited it from her mother. hope that helps.

msfroyste said:
i believe she inherited it from her mother. hope that helps.
Thanks, It does, it means it was brought into the BRF from a foreign princess, and not from the BRF itself. (although, then the BRF was made up out of alot of foreigners!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom