Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-02-2005, 09:04 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
Hahaha, that was funny! You made me laugh

Old 07-02-2005, 10:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

How is it possible to be allergic to champagne but not white wine? They're basically the same thing.

Old 07-02-2005, 11:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
How is it possible to be allergic to champagne but not white wine? They're basically the same thing.
Maybe she's allergic to bubbles.....
Old 07-02-2005, 11:50 PM
Courtier

How did anyone find out about Queen Margrethe's champagne allergy???
Old 07-03-2005, 01:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth

I'm not an expert, but I think they are chemically different. I've even read that champagne shouldn't be drunk too often, because it isn't healthy.
Old 07-03-2005, 02:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, maybe it has to do with the extra yeast that's added or something, because otherwise champagne and white wine are the same.

I know some people are allergic to sulphites, which are often used as preservatives in wines, but that would mean she'd be allergic to still wines as well as sparkling ones.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:45 PM
Nobility

Regarding the British Royal Family:
- Princess Beatrice suffers from dyslexia
- Princess Eugenie had corrective surgery on her spine
- Lady Louise suffers from exotropia
- Princess Michael of Kent has had skin cancer
Old 07-21-2005, 05:35 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda
A long time ago, Australian.
It came from Queen Victoria and was passed, through her daughters Alice and Beatrice to the royal families of Spain, Russia and Hesse. It is unknown wether Princess Louise was a carrier as she had no children. It was also passed by her son, Leopold, who was a haeamophiliac to Princess Alice of Athlone who had two sons who died young as a result of haemophilia. It appears to have bred itself out of the various royal families.
Does anyone know what the scource of Qvictoria's hemophelia? ie where she inherited it from?
Old 07-21-2005, 05:59 AM
Courtier

i believe she inherited it from her mother. hope that helps.
Old 07-23-2005, 04:09 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by msfroyste
i believe she inherited it from her mother. hope that helps.
Thanks, It does, it means it was brought into the BRF from a foreign princess, and not from the BRF itself. (although, then the BRF was made up out of alot of foreigners!!!)
Old 07-23-2005, 04:11 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

It was my understanding that a genetic mutation occurred when the Duchess of Kent became pregnant with Victoria. I have never heard of anyone in the Duchess's family having hemophilia or being a carrier prior to Victoria (but maybe I'm wrong).
Old 07-27-2005, 05:33 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle
It was my understanding that a genetic mutation occurred when the Duchess of Kent became pregnant with Victoria. I have never heard of anyone in the Duchess's family having hemophilia or being a carrier prior to Victoria (but maybe I'm wrong).
What do you mean by "genetic mutation" ? was it caused by the fact that the Duke and Duchess of Kent were cousins? (were they related?)
Old 07-27-2005, 05:53 PM
Royal Highness

I think it's just speculation as to what caused the mutation in the gene that controlled the clotting factor of blood in this case...

but it's natural for some mutations to spontaneously occur during reproduction. Otherwise, we'd all look alike, wouldn't we? Some mutations are good, while others are bad.

In this particular case, the consequences were catastrophic for some dynasties.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:40 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillary_nugent
I think Queen Rania has diabetes, i'm not exactly certain though...
That's what i heard too.....
Old 07-27-2005, 09:38 PM
Serene Highness

Several years ago there was an article about Tiggy Legge-Bourke, the nanny for William and Harry, having Celiac Disease, an intolerance to gluten. In the same article it said that the Duchess of Kent had also had been diagnosed with Celiac Disease. I have since read that Lady Helen Taylor has "difficulties" with wheat and dairy.
Old 09-15-2005, 05:44 PM
Royal Highness

Queen Margrethe de Denmark suffers osteo-artritis
Old 09-15-2005, 10:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Diana have allergy any? like flowers, seafood, whatevers and Prince William and Prince Harry have Allergy any? like flowers,seafood,whatevers

Sara Boyce
Old 09-16-2005, 04:40 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle
I am not sure about this. I believe Charlotte Zeepvat (author of 'Prince Leopold') pointed out that there were a lot of young men who died young in the Saxe-Coburg family. As people did not speak about this disease (Victoria bluntly denied that her so had this disease) we do not know if it was a mutation or inherrited.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:00 AM
Royal Highness

Some British Royals and a few others thrown in. . . . . .

King George III had porphyria. King George V of Hanover was blind.

Princess Alice of Greece was deaf since childhood and Queen Alexandra of England rapidly lost her hearing in adulthood.

Princess Amelia (George III's daughter) was a consumptive.

Queen Caroline (consort to George II) had a rupture of her uterine wall and lived many years in pain and didn't tell a soul because George II disliked illness. She died because she didn't get help.

Queen Anne of England suffered from gout. Her son, Prince William, was encephalatic (fluid on the brain) and died at age 11.

Mary Tudor had cancer and died from it. Her mother, Katharine of Aragon, may also have suffered from cancer and died because of it.

Anne of Austria, mother of Louis XIV, had breast cancer and died a horrible death. Louis XIV lived through many maladies including a fistula which was operated on. Many died of this, but he lived.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:30 AM
Nobility

Regarding the Hemophilia of the British royal family, Hemophilia is an X-linked genetic disorder- meaning the defective gene came from a female carrier but dont have the disease.If a woman carries a hemophiliac gene, there's a 50% chance that her daughters will become carriers, and 50% chance that her sons will have the disease.Girls dont have the disease but carry the genes, however boys are the only ones who have the disease and suffer from the deadly overbleeding symptoms.That is the reason why some of Queen Victoria's male descendants died young. :(