Royal Holidays

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solange

Aristocracy
City
Antwerp
Country
Belgium
Where do the royals spend their holiday (like summer) at??

The princes of asturias are not expected to go this year to valle de Arán (skiing) from the journal "EL SEMANAL DIGITAL".

Políticos, famosos y famosillos se dan cita en Fin de Año en Baqueira

Los clientes de Baqueira desearían, sin embargo, ver repetida una estampa que se produjo durante el segundo fin de semana del pasado mes de febrero: la de la presencia de Don Felipe de Borbón con su entonces prometida Letizia Ortiz. No parece nada probable que los Príncipes de Asturias acudan estos días al Valle de Arán. Puestos a especular podrían sacarse muchas conclusiones de la presencia o no de Doña Letizia en la nieve sobre los rumores que circulan respecto a su embarazo. ¿O no?

Does the Swedish royal family spend their summer holiday in Spain every year or somewhere else. And when exactly, if anyone should know?

They have a summer home in Sweden, of course. But they also go to a place in the south of France.

The Spanish royals holiday in Palma Mallorca each year, often centred around some sailing regattas.

Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik have a chateau in Caix, France, where Prince Henrik owns a winery.

The Swedish royals also holiday in the South of France but I'm not sure if they own a home there.

The Dutch royals own a home in Italy. Earlier this summer Queen Beatrix, Prince Willem and Princess Maxima with Amalia holidayed there. Previously Queen Juliana and Prince Bernhard used to holiday there with their young families.

The Greek royals are increasingly spending more holiday time in Greece, though I'm not sure if they own a home there yet.

During the winters I believe Queen Margrethe always pays a private visit to London to go shopping with her sister Queen Anne Marie. She also has a private skiing holiday occasionally with Queen Sonja in Norway.

The Greek royals own a ski chalet in Gstaad and spend some time there skiing each year.

Genevieve said:
The Swedish royals also holiday in the South of France but I'm not sure if they own a home there.
Yes, I think they do.. It belonged to Bertil and Lilian originally.

how about late Princess Diana took her boys to vacation in St.Tropez before she died in 1997 with her lover Dodi Fayed son of owner Harrods and she took boys to skiing in Lech and Balmoral with dad the Prince of Wales before Diana's death when paparazzi still taking pictures of Princess Diana and boys, Prince of Wales.

Sara Boyce

Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip often at Balmoral.The Queen also invites other members of the Royal Family to join during these holidays.I think the Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall are spending their holiday in Birkall.

Can we please have pics Crown Princess Victoria and her Sister :p

Queen Beatrix and family in Tavernelle, Italy

Princess Christina of the Nl has a house in Porto Ercole

The late Queen Juliana and the late Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands also have a house in Porto Ercole, where many members of the royal family would visit them during the holidays.

Princess Irere has a house in South-Africa

Princess Margriet has a chalet in Lech, the Queen and her family also visit Lech during the winter.

Genevieve said:
The Dutch royals own a home in Italy. Earlier this summer Queen Beatrix, Prince Willem and Princess Maxima with Amalia holidayed there. Previously Queen Juliana and Prince Bernhard used to holiday there with their young family.

Here is a photo of Queen Beatrix with her family vacationing in Porto Ercole, Italy in 1970:

http://photobucket.com/albums/y138/loejil/Dutch%20Royal%20Family/?action=view&current=QueenBeatrixonvacation.jpg

This photo is from an old postcard I own. The back of the postcard says:
"Zomervakantie 1970
Prinselijk Gezin
Porto Ercole"

I believe that this may be the same place that Genevieve mentioned. If this is not the same place, then where did they go in Italy?

Photo shows: Queen Beatrix holding baby Prince Constatijn. Prince Willem-Alexander is between Beatrix and Claus. The diapered little boy is Prince Johan Friso.

Last edited:
This is in the house 'l'elephante felice' in Porto Ercole, of Queen Juliana and Prince Bernhard. The house is now for sale. Beatrix and Claus later bought a big medieval farm/mansion in Tavernelle (much more privacy then Porto Ercole).

I heard that the King and Queen of Spain holidayed in Portofino, Italy

Royal Summer Vacations 2008

Does any one know how/where the royals are spending their summer vacations??

Aftenposten writes today, that the Royals (Norway) are cruising the Mediterranean this week.

The Jordanian Royals were spotted in the south of France.

lotsof them spent them in beijing cheering for their teams at the olympics! :)

Countess Alexandra, Prince Felix, Prince Nikolai and Martin Jorgensen were in Turkey and then Princes Felix & Nikolai were dropped off with Marie & Joachim in France.

wonder why we never see Lady Gabriella Windsor on Vacation like say Victoria and Madeleine for example?

King Mohamed VI and her wife Lalla Salma in Tetuan north of Morocco ,they usually spend the summer vacations in the north of Morocco:cities like Tetuan or Tangeir when i spend the summer in Tangier a couple years ago i saw Lalla Salma there.

Hello there!, this is my first post, I hope is useful for all of you!.
So here I am starting to write an article about places where the Royal Families go for holidays, that we can also enjoy.

I hope you can also add your favourite places.

Today, I'll start with Destination Spain:
The Greek Royal Family and a very special romantic place just for two, preferred by Princess Alexia in Lanzarote Island:

aljibe-2.jpeg
The name of the place is "El Aljibe" and one of the most stylish holiday house in the island. And old farm´s water reservoir converted in a magical place where all details are carefully thought to host the Princess. Upstairs, two comfortable Queen Size beds, and outside a 4500 meters land with amazing volcanoes views, a jacuzzi and heated swimming pool.
The palce can be rented for 160 Euros per night, and a leave you here the link: Lanzarote Villa El Aljibe

Following with the Royal Family of Spain, and the last trip made by the Infantas Elena and Cristina also to Lanzarote Island, both were hosted by the Princesa Yaiza Hotel, at the Royal Suite, a room with a grate 60 m2 terrace with sea views, today available from aproximately 400 Euros per night (they have different prices depending the staying dates). A double standard room at the hotel can be booked for 220 Euros.

Now, some years ago, the Princely Family of Monaco, Princess Grace & Prince Rainier choosed the Ritz Hotel at Madrid for their honeymoon. Now that Valentine's day will come for the romantic ones, they have a special one night offer for 449 Euros all inclussive.

For the Royal Family of Morocco, we can find places selected by the Ex-Moroccan Sultán Muley Hafid, visiting Spain and choosing one traditional place: the Oriente Hotel, a renovated 17th century convent located in the historic centre of Barcelona, in front of the Plaza Real and immersed in the famous Rambles. Today, rated only *** stairs, some time ago it was a luxury model. Today you can find a room there for 59 Euros per night.

I hope enjoyed reading and recommend other places in the world to make possible we can have also some Royal Holidays!
See you ;)

I watched today a german internetdocufilm about Sardinia, and they said, that the yacht of the royalfamily from Norway was there in July 2008, so maybe they were there in this summer. But no pictures about the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom