The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-22-2007, 11:58 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you for the reply Henri. I can understand that he would have been frustrated by this awesome responsibility. He does have a very different personality than his mother, but I do get the sense that they have a good relationship.

He does seem to have come into his own during his thirties. His interest and activity in water conservation seems to have given him a sense of purpose while he's waiting for his ascension. I think that marriage to Maxima has been the icing on the cake for him. They are a great team together.

Old 03-24-2007, 06:08 PM
Nobility

Why is so little know about what goes on at the York girls schools?

Old 03-24-2007, 06:31 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810
Does anyone know about Prince Philippe and his siblings?
I read somewhere that Princess Astrid and Prince Laurent didn't finish their tertary education. During the whole Laurent business in Dec, 2006 there was an article someone posted...Laurent wasn't a [how would I put it] a smart cookie. He didn't even know what [I think it was the initials of the U.N meant] and he had tutors, the whole works helping him. Astrid, well I read that she studied Art/History but she didn't complete the course for a degree. She studied, I think, in Switzerland and America for a while. Didn't Laurent stay in Belgium?
Old 03-25-2007, 05:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Felipe

Pre-school, General Basic Education and Unified Polyvalent Baccalaureate in the College Santa Maria de los Rosales, until 1984. Concluded secondary studies, he realized the last school course equivalent to the C.O.U. in Lakefield College School, Canada, where he remained for one year.
Colegio Santa María de los Rosales
Lakefield College School

Infantas Elena and Cristina

College of Santa Maria del Camino

Princess Letizia

Public School Gesta II (Oviedo)
Colegio Público Gesta II - Oviedo

Institute of secondary Alfonso II (Oviedo)
Institute of secondary Ramiro de Matzu (Madrid)

Jaime de Marichalar

College of the Jesuítas of Burgos, San Estanislao of Kostka of Madrid and in the Yago School of Dublin, Ireland.

Iñaki Urdangarin

College Jesus' Sacred Heart in Caspe(Barcelona) and in the College Santa Maria of Pilar, of Vitoria
Old 03-25-2007, 09:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio

Prince Charles attended Cheam School, which is now Cheam-Hawtreys, a merger of two prep schools that were distinct in his day. As stated already, he went onto Gordonstoun. Don't forget about the school in Australia, Geelong, it was a boarding school, although I guess the kids were camping out in the bush, chopping wood, and kangaroo-watching -- or else according to Prince Charles in the Dimbleby biography, dodging headhunting clans.... oh well, the headhunters were in Papau New Guinea....
Prince Charles went to Geelong Grammar’s Timbertop boarding school while in Australia.
On his most recent visit here last year i think it was, he went back and visited it and they had a reunion or something and he said it was a special place for him. He said this was the place that made him into a man---or something like that.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:40 AM
Courtier

Prince Charles disliked Gordonstoun. Did Zara Phillips attend that school?
Old 03-25-2007, 11:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gita
Prince Charles disliked Gordonstoun. Did Zara Phillips attend that school?
Charles hated some aspects of his education at Gordonstoun I believe, it was very basic and the boys had to walk along long unheated corridors to get to the shower rooms, in a Scottish winter that is no joke! According to my brothers the only places that were heated were the staff quarters, the dining hall and anywhere parents might have been expected to go. I should think things had changed by the time Zara went there.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:24 AM
Heir Apparent

King Abdullah attended St. Edmunds School in England for his primary education. He attended Eaglebrook School and Deerfield Academy in the US for his secondary education.

He was clearly very pleased with his time at Deerfield, as he has recently set up a prep school in Jordan of a similar style.
LINK
Old 03-27-2007, 09:08 PM
Nobility

Post Jordan Prep school

Jordan Basing Its Own Prep School on Deerfield Academy in Massachusetts - New York Times

Jordan Plans to Start Its Own New England-Style Prep School

By KATIE ZEZIMA

Published: March 1, 2006
DEERFIELD, Mass. — Deerfield Academy, with its brick buildings, blazing maples, jacket and tie requirements and powerful graduates, is the quintessential New England boarding school. Soon, it will see its reflection in an unlikely place, outside Madaba, Jordan.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:15 PM
Nobility

Charlotte Casiraghi attended

École de la Republique
Lycée 1er François
Lycée Fénelon
Old 05-01-2007, 03:00 PM
Nobility

Princess Caroline attended St Mary in Ascot.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:01 PM
Nobility

Rainier was first sent to study at Summerfield College in St Leonards-on-Sea, England, and later at Stowe, a prestigious English public school in Buckinghamshire. From there, he went to the Institut Le Rosey in Rolle and Gstaad, Switzerland, before continuing to the University of Montpellier in France, where he obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree, and finally to the Institut d'études politiques de Paris in Paris.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:02 PM
Nobility

Prince Amedeo attended Saint Jan Berchman in Brussels, but is now attending Seven Oaks in England.

Guillaume, Hereditary Grand Duke of Luxembourg
Prince Guillaume received his primary education at the Lorentzweiler School before studying at the Robert Schuman College, both in Luxembourg. He completed his baccalaureate in Switzerland.

In August 2002, Prince Guillaume completed his military officer training at the Royal Military Academy in Sandhurst, England. He is a Lieutenant of the Luxembourg Army and took his oath in December 2002. The prince is currently studying for a degree in history and political sciences at Durham University in England.

Prince Félix of Luxembourg
His education includes the International School of Luxembourg; Beau Soleil boarding school, Villars-sur-Ollon, Switzerland. Félix currently studies in New York City.

Lord (Frederick) Windsor was education began at Ludgrove preparatory school, Wokingham, Berkshire. He then went on to Eton College (1992-1998) before attending Magdalen College, Oxford University where he studied classical literature. During 2001 he was also a trainee at a bank.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:00 PM
Courtier

Which CP Prince/Princess has the highest IQ

Put your thinking caps on
Old 07-24-2007, 12:54 PM
Aristocracy

Royals in college/university

Does anybody have pictures or amusing stories of any of the royal members while in college/university? I know Prince Felipe attended Georgetown University, any pictures of him there?

Notable Georgetown University (Royal) Alumni (List of notable Georgetown University alumni - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
Old 07-24-2007, 01:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
I remember a story of Diana hiding under the table of the room where her teachers had tea. They had great pastries and some of the students would sneak into the room and grab a few. Unfortunaltely when Diana tried the trick, a teacher came into the room and she had to hide under the table untill he would finally leave.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 07-24-2007, 02:55 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

Amedeo of belgium in studying in the London School of economics
http://prinsessen2006.web-log.nl/mij...006amedeo2.jpg
Old 07-25-2007, 06:21 AM
Nobility

Pierre Casiraghi is enrolled at Bocconi University in Milan while Charlotte Casiraghi is believed to be enrolled at Sorbonne IV,Paris.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:52 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kastalia View Post
Pierre Casiraghi is enrolled at Bocconi University in Milan while Charlotte Casiraghi is believed to be enrolled at Sorbonne IV,Paris.

Any photos of them in the university setting?
Old 07-25-2007, 02:18 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphire View Post
Any photos of them in the university setting?
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...ione0001-5.jpg
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...ione0002-4.jpg
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...ione0003-3.jpg
originally posted by noirfabi at ''The Casiraghi's-University life'' thread.I haven't seen any photos of Charlotte yet and i'd love too.