The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-18-2004, 02:11 AM
Courtier

Location: Trust me you've never heard of it..., United States
I guess that could be an explanation for her lack of real social skills she has never had a place to develope them that wasn't family.

Old 06-18-2004, 05:11 PM
Aristocracy

Next year Charlotte Casiraghi will be attending Columbia University. What about other royals her age like Prince Philippos of Greece and Denmark, Prince Louis of Luxembourg and Prince Amedeo of Belgium, Archduke of Austria-Este? Where will they attend school?

Old 06-18-2004, 05:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by princessvalondra@Jun 18th, 2004 - 10:11 pm
Next year Charlotte Casiraghi will be attending Columbia University.
Is this a fact? What is then with her horse jumping?! She surely couldn´t go on like now...with the same trainer, the same horses, the same show jumpings etc. Has she accepted that she never will be world class ?
Old 06-26-2004, 07:41 PM
Nobility

Have any royals worked toward & earned a doctoral degree?
Old 06-26-2004, 11:07 PM
Nobility

My best friend had some classes with Prince Haakon of Norway at Cal (aka, University of California, Berkeley.) I saw him at graduation. Down to earth guy.
Old 06-28-2004, 09:23 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally posted by Freedom@Jun 26th, 2004 - 7:41 pm
Have any royals worked toward & earned a doctoral degree?
Yes.

HM King Mohammed VI of Morocco is a Doctor in Law from University of Nice-Antipolis in France. His thesis title was : “Cooperation between the European Economic Community and the Arab Maghreb Union”.

His brother HRH Prince Moulay Rachid is a Doctor in Law from l'Université Montesquieu-Bordeaux IV France. His thesistitle was: The Organization of the Islamic Conference. Work of 5 years. The jury decreed him, unanimously, the very honourable mention and the congratulations of the jury with particular mention for his publication, have regard to the interest of the subject and the quality of work.
Old 06-28-2004, 09:57 PM
Nobility

Thank you Gusto. :-)
Old 07-01-2004, 10:12 AM
Nobility

Crown Prince Guillaume and his younger brothers attended boarding school at Beau Soleil and Institut Le Rosey in Switzerland. Le Rosey in particular is popular amongst Royals. with its alumni including

1) Prince Rainier of Monaco
2) Aga Khan
3) Crown Princess Marie-Chantal of Greece
4) Emanuel Filiberto of Italy
5) the late Shah of Iran.

current Democrat nominee for the Presidential seat John Kerry is also an alumni of Rosey.
Old 07-01-2004, 10:15 AM
Nobility

oh Charlotte and Pierre currently attend Lycee Jeanne d'Arc in Fontainebleu in France. though i'm sure that Charlotte is currently taking her baccalaureat (her leaving school exam, sort of like the GCSE's that students in England take)
Old 07-01-2004, 10:29 AM
Nobility

more of Royal Rosean alumni include:

1) King Albert of Belgium
2) Crown Prince Alexander of Yugoslavia
3) Prince Edward, Duke of Kent
4) Alexandra de Scheel of the Netherlands
Old 07-01-2004, 10:29 AM
Courtier

I believe Crown Prince Naruhito of Japan has an earned high-level degree (and of course, Masako herself graduated from Harvard). I'm trying to recall what Naruhito's graduate thesis was , something regarding transportation systems (??? )
Old 09-18-2004, 06:46 PM
Nobility

Royal Education (School, College, University)

I am very interested to know, in which boarding schools the royals have been as pupils.

Princess Diana was in Riddlesworth Hall.
http://www.riddlesworthhall.com/

Princes William and Harry were in Eton College
http://www.etoncollege.com/Splash.asp

Prince Charles was in Gordonstoun. Prince Philip was also there.
http://www.gordonstoun.org.uk/grdnstn/stoun.htm

King KOnstantin of Greece was in Anavryta School, I couldn't find the site now

Queen Sophia was in Salem School in Germany as well as Princess Irene
Old 12-06-2004, 03:21 PM
Majesty

thank you for all the info

what kind of education did queen elizabeth and prince philip have?
Old 12-06-2004, 04:08 PM
Courtier
Picture of the Month Representative - The Netherlands

Maxima attended Northlands School is Martinez, Buenos Aires, Arg.then she studied in La Universidad Catolica Argentina , Economy
Old 12-06-2004, 04:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
thank you for all the info

what kind of education did queen elizabeth and prince philip have?

Prince Philip attended Cheam and Gordonstoun Schools. After this he wen straight attended Dartmouth Naval College for his officer's training and commission.

Q. Elizabeth was educated at home I believe. She did however attend some classes at Eton College focusing on Constitutional Law (I believe this was private tuition, not with the other students at the all-boy school).
Old 12-06-2004, 07:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine of Sweden all went to "ordinary" swedish schools between age 7-19.
After that Victoria studied french in France 96/97 and after that she went on to Yale University in USA where she was a "special student" and took various courses in, among other things, art and french.
Carl Philip is at the moment a student at Forsbergs school of desing in Stockholm where he´s studying graphic design.
And then the little sister: Madeleine has studied science of art at Stockholm University for three semesters. This fall she studies Etnologhy.
Old 12-07-2004, 07:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine of Sweden all went to "ordinary" swedish schools between age 7-19.
Prince Carl Philip did not attend a normal school in gymnasiet/upper secondary school. Instead he chose Sweden's oldest private boarding school - and one of the few private schools left in the country. The annual tuition fee for the education is 174 000 SEK, about $25 808.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
Prince Carl Philip did not attend a normal school in gymnasiet/upper secondary school. Instead he chose Sweden's oldest private boarding school - and one of the few private schools left in the country. The annual tuition fee for the education is 174 000 SEK, about $25 808.
It depenmd on what you mean by "normal school"!
When I use the phrase "normal school" I mean a school that follows the swedish "läroplan". Meaning, not an education in private at the royal palace or something like that.
Yes, the students at Lundsberg are posh,rich children of the swedish nobility but its still a school that has the same subjects and way of teaching like all other schools in Sweden.

And if so, that means that neither Victoria or Madeleine went to normal schools either. Enskilda Gymnasiet also has a high fee.
But atleast, between the age of 7-16 Victoria and Carl Philip went to state schools(Smedslättskolan and Ålstenskolan). Madeleine started at Smedslättskolan and then started at Enskilda gymnasiet( Carlssons skola) when she was 10 and in 4th grade.
Old 12-08-2004, 02:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
It depenmd on what you mean by "normal school"!
When I use the phrase "normal school" I mean a school that follows the swedish "läroplan". Meaning, not an education in private at the royal palace or something like that.
There are no schools in Sweden that doesn't follow the "läroplan" (educational curriculum set up by the Parliament). Private education (home schooling) at the Royal Palace, like the King received, would also have to follow the "läroplan" (educational curriculum) if still used. In Sweden, the only dinstinction between different forms of school is kommunala/municipalital schools, friskolor/semi-private and privat/private schools.

The schools of all the Swedish royal children belongs to the category friskolor/semi-private - except Prince Carl Philip's school Lundsberg, which he attended for upper secondary school. He also attended the boarding school Kent in Connecticut in the US.
Old 02-04-2005, 03:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Märtha Louise is a certified physical therapist.

Crown Prince Haakon studied at UC Berkeley. He also has a Master's Degree from London School of Economics in International Politics.

King Harald studied at Balliol, Oxford.

All of the members of the Norwegian Royal family have spent the early years of their education in state-run schools, though Princess Astrid and Ragnhild were educated at home before the Second World War. During the war Princess Astrid, Princess Ragnhild and, then, Prince Harald was educated at American schools, and when they returned to Norway the princesses refused to be home-schooled again.