The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-06-2014, 04:01 PM
Aristocracy

Netherlands - I have read that there is very limited (like 1 spot) in their crypt below (Delph??) church. I also read that there was significant water damage during WW2 due to power outages and the pump/dehumidification system (or something like that) stopped working.
Does anyone have any information on this?

Old 12-06-2014, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Nieuwe Kerk in Delft

Nieuwe Kerk (Delft) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-06-2014, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Crypt of Laeken will be seen next Friday.
We have 8 Momunents for
King Leopold i and his wife
King Leopold II and his wife
King Albert I and his wife
King Leopold III and his 2 wifes Queen Astrid and Princess Lilian
Baudouin I and Friday Queen Fabiola
3 Monuments are still free
King Albert Ii and his wife
King Philippe and his wife
? and ??

Prince and Princesses of Belgium are buried there also. The last was the late Prince Alexandre.
The little Prince of Liechtenstein ( first born Child of Prince Nicolas and Princess Margaretha )is buried there; His Godfather was King Baudouin.
Old 12-06-2014, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Église Notre-Dame de Laeken or the church of Our Lady of Laeken

Church of Our Lady of Laeken - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 12-06-2014, 06:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Names are missing.
First born Son of Leopold I (buried before in the Cathedral)
Philippe Count of Flanders and his Wife, Prince Baudouin and a little Princess who died after her birth.
Charles Count of Flanders
Old 12-06-2014, 06:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenJen View Post
Netherlands - I have read that there is very limited (like 1 spot) in their crypt below (Delph??) church. I also read that there was significant water damage during WW2 due to power outages and the pump/dehumidification system (or something like that) stopped working.
Does anyone have any information on this?
At the moment there are restoration works in the New Church in Delft, which also houses the mausoleum of the Orange-Nassaus. It is correct that in World War II the rising level of ground water caused damage to the crypts but it is not known if there was damage to the coffins.

The mausoleum of the Orange-Nassaus will be re-organized, not enlarged.
Due to the re-organization of the coffins, additional space will be created for new generations of Kings and their spouses. The electric installations in the crypt will be modernized. The church itself will get floor heating, new technical installations, a state-of-the-art lighting plan and a new sound system. The roofs of the church will get new tiles, the bricks will be cleaned and new cement will be added, to bring it all in spic-and-span state. The crypt itself remains untouched apart from a new paint and reorganization of the coffins.

When there is a royal funeral tomorrow, in the Netherlands, then there is a problem: it will be impossible to use the traditional venue, the New Church in Delft: http://oudeennieuwekerkdelft.nl/stat...IMG%206058.jpg
Old 12-07-2014, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Names are missing.
First born Son of Leopold I (buried before in the Cathedral)
Philippe Count of Flanders and his Wife, Prince Baudouin and a little Princess who died after her birth.
Charles Count of Flanders
The little princess was named Josephine; she was a twin sister to Princess Henriette, and she died less than two months after her birth.
Also Empress Charlotte of Mexico is buried there; she was born a Princess of Belgium, the daughter of King Leopold I.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:10 AM
Gentry

www.royaltombs.dk
www.unofficialroyalty.com

For me, these are two of the best sites.
Old 12-11-2014, 04:19 PM

I love graves and burial sites, so the links in here that still work are great for me! Thanks!
Old 12-12-2014, 04:16 PM
Serene Highness

Princess Anna Vasa of Sweden, daughter of king Johan III of Sweden and sister of king Sigismund III Vasa of Poland, Sweden and Lithuania, is buried in the Church St. Mary of Torun in Poland. Because she had been a staunch Protestant living in a Catholic country the pope didn't allow her to be buried in a Catholic churchyard. It took 11 years before her nephew king Wladyslaw IV got the papal decree reversed and she could be buried. Her nephew built a lovely tomb monument to her honour: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...aVasaGrave.jpg
Old 12-12-2014, 05:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Sorry, if my question sounds stupid.

Is it allowed as visitor to lay down flowers at graves or in front of coffins in crypts?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 12-14-2014, 04:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Is it allowed as visitor to lay down flowers at graves or in front of coffins in crypts?
Here's a photo of the crypt of Karin Månsdotter in Åbo Cathedral with flowers: http://web.comhem.se/anetteskungar1/Sverige/karin.jpg so my guess is that it's ok. The Royal Cemetery at Haga is open to the public during the summer so if visitors have flowers with them they can leave those there without problems. How the rules are in other countries I don't know.
Old 12-14-2014, 04:32 PM
Serene Highness

Where are the Asian monarchs, specifically the Japanese buried?
Old 12-14-2014, 04:40 PM
Serene Highness

Prince Wilhelm of Sweden is buried at the cemetery in Flen, in his duchy of Sörmland, and near Stenhammar palace where he spent much time. His former daugher-in-law Karin, the first wife of Lennart Bernadotte of Mainau, is buried in the same grave. Next to the grave of prince Wilhelm is the grave of his long-time companion Jeanne de Tramcourt, who had died in 1952. That's probably the reason why prince Wilhelm choose to be buried in Flen. Here you can find photos of the graves: Trond Norén Isaksen: What to see: Prince Wilhelm’s grave, Flen Churchyard
Old 12-14-2014, 05:02 PM
Nobility

The royal crypt in Brussels is very little, after Queen Mathilde and King Philippe die, there won't be a place anymore for the others. Do you think they might build another crypt? Has it happened yet in other countries?

Queen Mathilde
Old 12-14-2014, 05:52 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_ View Post
The royal crypt in Brussels is very little, after Queen Mathilde and King Philippe die, there won't be a place anymore for the others. Do you think they might build another crypt? Has it happened yet in other countries?
Great question. I'm interested in the answer as well.
Old 12-14-2014, 07:10 PM
Heir Apparent

The British have a similar problem. The chapel in St George's where George VI and Queen Elizabeth are buried supposedly only has 4 spots left. Two are for the Queen and Philip. That's why Margaret was cremated to be buried with her parents.

Edward VII and Alexandria are at the alter and George and Mary are in the church by the door. The Royal vault is filled with the Hanovers.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 12-14-2014, 09:50 PM
Aristocracy

Were are royals and the ruling families of the gulf buried?? Are they buried in certain mosque or private family plot.
Old 12-15-2014, 04:47 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
The British have a similar problem. The chapel in St George's where George VI and Queen Elizabeth are buried supposedly only has 4 spots left. Two are for the Queen and Philip. That's why Margaret was cremated to be buried with her parents.

Edward VII and Alexandria are at the alter and George and Mary are in the church by the door. The Royal vault is filled with the Hanovers.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
So the duke & duchess of Cambridge will be burried somewhere else?

Queen Mathilde
Old 12-28-2014, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_ View Post
Perhaps the might extend the crypt in the future or else they'll choose another burial site.