The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion > Royal Life and Lifestyle

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-05-2006, 01:32 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy
Which King and Queen of a certain country had the most royal children? I know Britians Queen Elizabeth II was doing quite well with four but what other royal families had the most children, they can be the new generation or way back in history.:)
I think the record may be held by Roberto I, Duke of Parma (1848-1907). He had two wives, Princess Maria Pia of the Two Sicilies, and Infanta Maria Antonia of Portugal (who died in 1959).

He had 12 children by his first wife and 12 by his second (including Empress Zita of Austria), a total of 24.

Old 03-05-2006, 07:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
I think the record may be held by Roberto I, Duke of Parma (1848-1907). He had two wives, Princess Maria Pia of the Two Sicilies, and Infanta Maria Antonia of Portugal (who died in 1959).

He had 12 children by his first wife and 12 by his second (including Empress Zita of Austria), a total of 24.
Brave man!

Old 03-08-2006, 10:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Do the divorced wives of the British Royals have to return the Family Order and any seals, if they have received them, upon their divorce?
Old 03-10-2006, 08:36 PM
Courtier

I have a question about royal brides, do the brides get to choose their own wedding dress such as the design, the designer, the fabric, their hair, their flowers? Or is someone else in charge of that?
Old 03-11-2006, 08:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I have a question about royal brides, do the brides get to choose their own wedding dress such as the design, the designer, the fabric, their hair, their flowers? Or is someone else in charge of that?
In the UK, I believe they choose their own designer, fabric etc. Hence the crumpled disaster. The only remit here seems to be modesty and decorum. The flowers in the church reflect the flowers in any bouquet the bride may carry!:)
Old 03-11-2006, 12:08 PM
Aristocracy

I have a question about royal's and their bodyguards. If this is mentioned anywhere else in the forums I do apologize. The questions is: Do ALL members of say the British royal family for instance have guards that protect them 24/7. Say for instance Peter and Zara Phillips or Prince and Princess Micheal of Kent's children Freddie and Ella and if they hold down full-time jobs what do the bodyguards do while they are at work? If anyone has an answer it would be appreciated.
Old 03-11-2006, 02:33 PM
Courtier

Old Love?

Is it really true that Prince Richard, husband of Princess Benedikte of Denmark, once has been in love with the (then) Princess Beatrix of Holland?
I always thought they were just friends , but now I read in one of the threads that they have been a couple for a short time?
does anyone know?
Old 03-11-2006, 03:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1972
I have a question about royal's and their bodyguards. If this is mentioned anywhere else in the forums I do apologize. The questions is: Do ALL members of say the British royal family for instance have guards that protect them 24/7. Say for instance Peter and Zara Phillips or Prince and Princess Micheal of Kent's children Freddie and Ella and if they hold down full-time jobs what do the bodyguards do while they are at work? If anyone has an answer it would be appreciated.
As far as is known, I don't think Anne's children have bodyguards, so I wouldn't think the Kent children do either.:)
Old 03-11-2006, 03:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Beatrix
Is it really true that Prince Richard, husband of Princess Benedikte of Denmark, once has been in love with the (then) Princess Beatrix of Holland?
I always thought they were just friends , but now I read in one of the threads that they have been a couple for a short time?
does anyone know?
That is the first time i have ever heard this storry

Old 03-11-2006, 03:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.M. Margrethe
That is the first time i have ever heard this storry

so I think it's not true.
Old 03-11-2006, 04:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Which King and Queen of a certain country had the most royal children? I know Britians Queen Elizabeth II was doing quite well with four but what other royal families had the most children, they can be the new generation or way back in history.:)
Well this generation:

QEII: 4 children
GD Henri: 5 children
Constantine: 5 kids (but 2 were born after he lost the throne so)
Simeon: 5 children, I'm wrong? Kubrat, Kyril, Konstantin, Kardam and Kalina

The rest of sovereigns have 2 (Norway and Denmark) or 3 (Spain, Netherlands, Sweden, Belgium, Monaco) children
Who was the royal who had 14 kids? it was way back on the time but I cannot remember:o
Old 03-11-2006, 09:26 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Wasn't that King George III and Queen Charlotte? They had either 14 or 15 kids.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:33 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
King George III and Queen Charlotte had 15 children but only 13 lived to be adults.
Old 03-12-2006, 10:21 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Beatrix
does anyone know?
It was suggested in several books about Queen B eatrix that Richard had his eyes set on her. They were not clear if it was because of love, or because of (family)ambitions. Then in the end a good friend of his (Claus von Amstberg) took the 'prize' away
Old 03-12-2006, 12:44 PM
Aristocracy

thanks skydragon. i wasn't sure if anyone would have an answer to that question. i appreciate your response.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
It was suggested in several books about Queen B eatrix that Richard had his eyes set on her. They were not clear if it was because of love, or because of (family)ambitions. Then in the end a good friend of his (Claus von Amstberg) took the 'prize' away
thanks for the answer.
In fact I really cannot belive them both being a couple.
Let this be their personal secret ^^
Old 09-04-2008, 09:44 AM
Gentry

Royal Nightclubs

Anyone know anything about Au Bar or the JIC club ? They keep getting mentioned as clubs royals go to X
Old 09-23-2009, 04:10 AM
Commoner

Shrinking Royals

I was watching Monarchy the other night and noticed how petite the Queen Elizabeth II is. Older pics of her when she was a young adult royal she looked a lot taller is that my imagination. Even her walk seems to have changed, she has a stoop as before she was always upright when walking. I know as we get older we do to some degree shrink. Has anyone else notice the queens height?
Old 09-25-2009, 03:00 AM
Courtier

I was watching the DVD of the BBC series on 'The Royal Family at Work' from a few years ago and saw a segment on her 2007 visit to Washington. When she came out of the 4WD vehicle and walked over to the then-President and First Lady I thought, 'Wow, these camera angles are strange! The Queen isn't that short? Is she?' Although I don't think she was ever above-average in height.....
Old 09-25-2009, 04:16 AM
Royal Highness

No, I have not noticed Queen Elizabeth shrinking, but I assume she has over the years due to her age and the undoubtably heavy burden upon her shoulders (hence the stoop?)! A friend of mine met Charles and Camilla at the Sandringham Flower Show a couple of years ago and was amazed at how small they both were. It seems that TV and photography makes you look taller than you really are.