Anecdotes From Royal Parents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eireann

Nobility
Country
Germany
I think it´s so nice when the parents of the younger royals, give us little anecdotes or information about their children (e.g. when Felipe announced that one of Leonor´s first words was aqua) as it lets us learn a little more about the personalities of the children. I would like to start this thread and ask you to add any anecdotes you may have on the younger royals.

Well, this is not so much a happy anecdote, but King George V said once "I was afraid of my father, my father was afraid of his mother, and I'm going to make damn sure my children are afraid of me!"

Didn´t Willem Alexander tell that when he and Máxima wend to Australia, Amalia had an idea about Sydney... because her favorite movie was Finding Nemo!
I thought that was pretty sweet!

I loved the anecdote about Amalia W-A said right after the birth of Alexia. The jornalists asked him what was big sister's reaction to the arrival of the new baby and he said that they had given her a baby doll, so that she could practice :lol: In fact, the doll was seriously damaged soon :lol: so the Prince said she still had to practice more :lol:

lilytornado said:
Didn´t Willem Alexander tell that when he and Máxima wend to Australia, Amalia had an idea about Sydney... because her favorite movie was Finding Nemo!
I thought that was pretty sweet!

nice thread! will be nice to have all the anecdotes of royal babies, since we don't normally get a lot of information about them at an early stage...

yes, lilytornado. the whole thing was because of the speculation about them bringing the girls as it was quite a long trip to australia and then new zealand.

i also remember maxima saying about catharina amalia that she took a lot after her and that she loved dancing and singing.

letizia once mentioned that leonor was growing up so quickly and that if anybody was thinking of giving them shoes for them, they'd better be big.

I´m bumping up my thread :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I like this quote on IA by King Harald kindly translated and posted by Larzen in the IA current events thread - I think IA´s strong personality is evident for us all :lol::lol:

In the new book, Harald V by Per Egil Hegge the King says this about Ingrid (Larzen´s translation)

Quote:
- About the thing that one child should become monarch and the other one shall not, it is not something you have to explain to them. The child understands it gradually. Our children discovered early that they were a little different than other children because they so often had to have nice clothes on. It comes on them slowly, they understand it. Ingrid Alexandra already understands that someday it will be her time to decide. When she puts her hands in the side and decidedly says it will be like she wants it, then I see a strong leader with authority in her in the future, he says proudly.

it is not exactly a tale a parent told, because we all could see it, but at Sverre Magnus' christening, when Ingrid and Maud were lighting the candles.. And Ingrid burnt herself a little bit, she got angry at the candle and tried to blow it out as a punishment... :lol:
That was so cute and I think shows Ingrid´s character, too...and her strong personality!:lol:

Last edited:
lilytornado said:
it is not exactly a tale a parent told, because we all could see it, but at Sverre Magnus' christening, when Ingrid and Maud were lighting the candles.. And Ingrid burnt herself a little bit, she got angry at the candle and tried to blow it out as a punishment... :lol:
That was so cute and I think shows Ingrid´s charcter, too...and her strong personality!:lol:

Aahh, that's so cute ! Yes, Ingrid definately seems to have a strong personality in many ways.

One anecdote from Monaco's Princely house, it could be also related to raising children matter.

When being little, Princess Caroline used to bite Prince Albert but poor Albie never complained (probably fear of older bossy sister:lol: ). It was only after seeing bite marks on Albert's arm that Princess Grace realised what was happening. When her warnings to Caroline to stop biting Albert were ignored, Princess Grace bit Caroline's arm hard, so she could feel the pain as same as she causes to her brother.

He, he..had same episode with my sister when was little..

Thanks Ianna I read she also did that to Stephanie when she was little.

Princess Grace has said so many things about her kids but I dont remember then all .

I recall Princess Grace saying something to the effect of she could have beaten Princess Stephanie like a gong and it wouldn't have mattered...she was a stubborn and willful child.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom