The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-30-2005, 03:52 AM
Nobility

Out-of-wedlock children of Royals

Which Royals have out-of-wedlock children?

"Looking back on her short life I often wonder why we did not see that she was quite too good for this world, her fit companions were the Angels." ~Margaretta Eager about Princess Elisabeth of Hesse (1895-1903)
Old 07-30-2005, 03:56 AM
Gentry

Prince Bernhard of Netherlands

Old 07-30-2005, 04:38 AM
Nobility

King Albert II of Belgium
Old 07-30-2005, 10:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Albert of Monaco

Old 07-30-2005, 10:45 AM
Royal Highness

I know that Prince Bernhard admitted to having children outside of marriage in an intervieww published after his death and I know that the mother of Prince Albert's child gave a magazine interview but how and when did people find out about King Albert's?
Old 07-30-2005, 12:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by marezdote
I know that Prince Bernhard admitted to having children outside of marriage in an intervieww published after his death and I know that the mother of Prince Albert's child gave a magazine interview but how and when did people find out about King Albert's?
I think it was in 2000 or around that time. One Flemish author did "outed" Delphine Boer in a biography about the King. Delphine did later confirm her ascendant.
Later this same year, the King did subtly acknowledged Delphine in the Throne speech (not sure about the name). He said something like: "XX (?) years ago, our marriage suffered a deep crisis". And Delphine was XX years too. So everybody concluded he was talking about her and the palace did not denied.
Old 07-30-2005, 12:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Belgian royal family illegitament children: Leopold I, the first Belgian king, had a mistress, Arcadie Cadet, for whom he arranged a marriage with an officer from his staff, Friedrich Meyer. Arcadie Meyer gave birth to two illegitimate royal children, Georges and Arthur. The king gave Arcadie and her children a nobility title, "Barron of Eppinghoven". Her descendants are living in Canada. Leopold II also had two illegitimate children with his mistress Blanche Delacroix, whom he married on his death bed. Lucien Delacroix became Duke of Tervuren, Philippe Delacroix Count of Ravenstein. Prince Charles, who briefly held office as Regent of Belgium after World War II, also had an illegitimate child, Isabelle Wybo.

In his book "A Throne in Brussels", author Paul Belien reveals that Count Michel Didisheim is an illegitimate son of King Leopold III, the father of kings Albert and Baudouin.

!!!!!!!!!!thanks to http://lvb.net/item/1170 --WARNING WEBSITE CONTAINS VERY NAUGHTY PICTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-30-2005, 05:11 PM
Courtier

Carlos de Bourbon-Parma (son of Princess Irene of the Netherlands) has an illegitimate son with Brigitte Klynstra. His name is Carlos Hugo Roderik Sybren Klynstra, he was born January 20th, 1997 in Nijmegen.
Old 07-30-2005, 05:21 PM
Courtier

Ernst Heinrich von Hannover (brother of Ernst August) has a son with Désirée Nick (German so called "Comedian" - I don't think, that she's really funny). His name is Oscar Heinrich Julius Ferdinand and he was born September 29th, 1996.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desiree_Nick
Old 07-08-2007, 03:53 AM
Majesty

and was it not the norwigien princess husband that had a Illegitimate child?
Old 07-08-2007, 09:15 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry's polo shirt View Post
Prince Albert of Monaco
Also Princess Stefanie has an illegitimate daughter,Camille Gottlieb.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:24 AM
Royal Highness

Were Louis and Pauline illegitimate at one point, since Stephanie didn't marry their father until later?
Old 07-08-2007, 09:37 AM
Nobility

I really don't know,i'm sorry
Old 07-08-2007, 12:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
Were Louis and Pauline illegitimate at one point, since Stephanie didn't marry their father until later?
What we can read on Wikipwdia (not always the best source of infos):

"She married Ducruet on 1 July 1995 in Monaco, but divorced him on 4 September 1996. Stéphanie then had another child, Camille Gottlieb, born on 15 July 1998.[1]
Though they were born out of wedlock, Louis and Pauline are in line to the throne of Monaco because they were legitimized when their mother married Ducruet; Monegasque law recognizes such children as members of a dynastic line. Camille, however, is not so recognized and will have no claim to the throne unless Stéphanie marries her father or she is legitimized by legislation."
Old 07-08-2007, 10:54 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
and was it not the norwigien princess husband that had a Illegitimate child?
I believe Erling Lorentzen, husband of Princess Ragnhild, Mrs. Lorentzen, admitted he had an affair, and the woman he had the affair with had a child, and Erling sponsored the child, but I believe the child turned out not to be his. I am not positive on this, so hopefully someone more knowledgable about the situation can clarify.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:12 PM
Commoner

Prince Albert of Monaco has a daugther out of wedlock. Jazmine Grace.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:07 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Prince Carlos jr. of Bourbon-Parma, son of Princess Irene of The Netherlands has a son out of wedlock called Carlos Klynstra.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:51 AM
Courtier

Grand Duchess Anastasia Mikhailovna of Russia had an illegitimate son when she was age 42. Her husband, Grand Duke Friedrich Franz III of Mecklenburg-Schwerin, died in 1897, and her illegitimate son was born in 1902; the boy's father was her personal secretary, Vladimir Alexandrovitch Paltov, and was named Alexis Louis de Weden.

Interestingly, the Grand Duchess' daughter, Queen Alexandrine of Denmark, had already had two children by the time her mother bore Alexis.

Princess Thyra of Denmark had an illegitimate daughter at the age of 18, in 1871. The father of the baby girl was a lieutenant in the cavalry, Vilhelm Frimann Marcher; Marcher later committed suicide. Thyra later married Crown Prince Ernest Augustus of Hanover, 3rd Duke of Cumberland and Teviotdale in 1878. The couple had six children.

Queen Marie of Romania (formerly Princess Marie of Edinburgh) had six children who were all acknowledged by her husband, Crown Prince Ferdinand of Romania. However, Queen Marie herself indicated that her daughter Princess Marie (b 1900) was fathered by Grand Duke Boris Vladimirovich of Russia. Her last two children, Ileana (b 1909) and Mircea (b 1913) were the children of her lover Barbu Ştirbey, although it is somewhat possible that Illeana was the daugher of Crown Prince Ferdinand. So, of Marie's six children, at least two and possibly three were illegitimate in that they were not fathered by her husband, but legitimate in that they were born in wedlock.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:25 AM
Aristocracy

Does somebody know What happen with Thyra´s Daughter?
Old 07-11-2007, 10:32 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha View Post
Does somebody know What happen with Thyra´s Daughter?
As far as i can remember Queen Margrethe of Denmark tolde in the serie "A royal family" that the littel girl was put up for an adoption because it was not the best story to tell if Thyra was going to marry in to another royal family with alot of power and welth.