Age difference between spouses

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

michelleq

Courtier
City
Philadelphia Region
Country
United States
I know that Princess Alexandra of Denmark is 5 years older than her husband, Prince Joachim. They seem to have a very good marriage. I was wondering, what other Royal Wives are older than their husbands (Husbands need not be royal)? I have always thought that in Europe it really didn't matter as much as it does in the states.

My mother is 5 years older them my father and work until now...................................

One time i read that all mens should marry with a older women. This because we womens are more mature than mem. Let say that the mens alwyas keep a child inside, think that i found wonderful. I belive all should have a childe inside.

Princess Angela is 11 years older than Prince Maxailian (sp).

Princess Marie of Liechtenstein is 5 years older than Prince Hans-Adam

Princess Laurentien is 3 years older than Prince Constantijn

Infanta Cristina is 3 years older than Iñaki

Princess Märtha Louise is 1 year older than Ari Behn

Originally posted by micas@Jul 5th, 2004 - 7:28 pm
One time i read that all mens should marry with a older women. This because we womens are more mature than mem. Let say that the mens alwyas keep a child inside, think that i found wonderful. I belive all should have a childe inside.
Yes and some of us are more immature than others.

Originally posted by loving silvia and carl gustaf@Jul 6th, 2004 - 3:55 am
queen Silvia is just about 3 years older than king Carl Gustaf ;)
Princesse Alexandra of Denmark is 5 years older than her husband Prince Joachim of Denmark.

Queen Silvia
Princess Alexandra
Princess Laurentine

Age doesn't matter as long as they do love each other.

so there are a few royals where the woman is older then the man.,..

It used to be fairly common in a book on succesion and heraldry in medieval to present the wife was between 1 year or 6 years Eleanor was henry's first wife but she was older and I think his father was a couple of years younger this his wife too.Wittykitty

in 1977 my mom was younger and my dad was older but its really odd for me im not sure what years is!

mostly Royals who is older or younger whatever!

how about Earl and Countess of Wessex? Prince and Princess of Wales? Duke and Duchess of York? Princess Anne and her first husband and second husband who is older or young in Royal Family.

Sara Boyce

Royal Husbands With Younger Wives

im sure about another thread with older Royal husband with younger wife

i remind Princess Diana got Prince Charles since met Althorp in 1977 but Prince Charles is older and Diana is younger! how fair ages is!

im not sure about Earl and Countess of Wessex? because Prince Edward is older than Sophie but its almost same ages different birth years he born in 1964 and Sophie was born in 1965.

and also Duke and Duchess of York its would little same ages because Sarah,Duchess of York was born in 1959 and Prince Andrew was born in 1960 almost sames ages but she is older than Andrew.

have any Royals who have older husband and younger wife who more ages and she younger.

Sara Boyce

Ooopppssss, you beat me to posting Nathalian. I was about to write the 13-year (I think) gap between CP Philippe and CP Mathilde.

Prince Phillip is a number of years older than the Queen.

there is an age difference between carlos and princess alexia.

Princess Alexanndra is 40 and her husband is 35

angela is older than maxmillian by 11 years and is in her 40's and she even married in her 40's
the most famous is queen silvia is 3 years older than king carl gustaf

Baroness Francesca Thyssen-Bornemisza de Kaszon is three years older than her husband Archduke Karl of Austria.

Archduke Otto of Austria is 13 years old that his wife, Princess Regina of Saxe-Meiningen.

Aren't both CP Frederik and CP Felipe older than their respective wifes? I think they are something like 36 y.o. And CP Mary and CP Letitzia are 31 or 32 y.o. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

And back in history there was a rather large year gap between Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands. I think King Willelm was 40 years older than Queen Emma!

Last edited:
Crown Prince Felipe will have 37 on 30th and CP Letizia have 32 years-old.
And yes, King Willem was 41 years-old than his wife, Queen Emma!!!

Prince Laurent of Belgium was born in 1963 and Princess Claire of Belgium was born in 1974 so there is an 11 year age difference between the two.

WEll I am hopeful that Albert of Monaco's wife will be younger than he-substantially younger...:)

The heir to the Portuguese throne, D. Duarte, is 59 years old, while D.ª Isabel is 38.

Last edited by a moderator:
wymanda said:
Prince Phillip is a number of years older than the Queen.
Just five. Almost five (10 june 1921 - 21 april 1926).
I think is very usual, and it's also my favourite difference. Both my parents and my maternal grandparents have this gap.

Back
Top Bottom