The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion > Royal Life and Lifestyle

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-07-2006, 04:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Not very pleasant moments experienced by royals

i thought it would be nice to have a thread of funny things that happened to royals or strange situations...

to start, mary's hat fly-away, days before the wedding... :)

(photos from dagbladet.no, bt.dk, polfoto, gettyimages, scanpix)

the same happened for the queen, months later...

i'm sure the king and queen and princess lilian didn't expect this...

one of queen paola...

someone stepped on maxima's dress... :)

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 02-07-2006, 05:33 PM
Aristocracy

In a way, these are delightful, reminds me that they are very human too.

Old 02-07-2006, 06:08 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

The photo of Queen Paola reminds me of one that was taken of poor Fergie. It seems the poor thing had poor luck with her skirts flying up (due to the wind, I'm not being ugly to Sarah).

Aren't royals supposed to put weights in their skirts so as to avoid accidents? (And I wonder why this knowledge wasn't shared with Sarah.)
Old 02-07-2006, 06:20 PM
Courtier

Poor Mary, a fly away hat it awful cause then you have to go chase it (or have someone else chase it like she did) but I have a question, don't they usually put a pin in through the hat that goes through the hair and out the other side for these kinds of hats? I saw Queen Elizabeth II has those pins and she really doesn't have that much hair to work with.:)
Old 02-08-2006, 12:06 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm sure these must be one of the most unpleasant moments for Queen Sofia of Spain.

falling over or tripped over in front of her husband, and the President of USA, Bill Clinton

(photo from getty)
Old 02-08-2006, 12:38 AM
Gentry

Poor Queen Sofia. Its one thing to trip in public but at a big state function! If I were here I would talk to the tailor about hemming the dress an extra inch!
Old 02-08-2006, 01:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

I can't remember where i saw this but it was a pic of Queen Margrethe falling down some stairs, or it could have been just a trip. I will try and dig it up.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:45 AM
Royal Highness

The singer seated on the lap of Sweden's Princess Lillian was kind of too much, almost rude. First, she is very old, you just don't seat on an old lady's lap like that, she could get injured. Second, that was way too much touching. Imagine Madonna doing the same pose with King Gustav or Prince Phillip of Britain. She would have been called vulgar...well, Madonna has been called that before ...my point is there are things you don't do to a senior citizen.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:57 AM
Aristocracy

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toledo
The singer seated on the lap of Sweden's Princess Lillian was kind of too much, almost rude. First, she is very old, you just don't seat on an old lady's lap like that, she could get injured. Second, that was way too much touching. Imagine Madonna doing the same pose with King Gustav or Prince Phillip of Britain. She would have been called vulgar...well, Madonna has been called that before ...my point is there are things you don't do to a senior citizen.
I agree...he could have serously hurt her. He is much more heavier that she is.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:07 AM
Royal Highness

These Swedish princesses! Princess Madeleine in a Marilyn Monroe moment at the family gathering at Sofiero.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...2&d=1117803851

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...0&d=1117803851

(I find it incredibly cute that Prince Carl Philip is holding Princess Madeleine's purse! What a good older brother....:p )
Old 02-08-2006, 06:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toledo
Its not like he places all his weight on her, he really balance most of his weight of with the legs, secondly Lilians sense of humor is well known in Sweden and she did not take it the wrong way, If I remember it she called him afterwords and he said to the press that Lilian was the girl for him:p . I belive Lilian once poored fake ketchup on an american politician during a dinner and he called her the craziest royal he ever met, cant remeber his name though. Lilian is a sweetheart, with humor, it does not get better.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:47 AM
Courtier

WOW.... it should be an embarassing picture for Queen Paola http://www.supload.com/free/ouch-200...2509.jpg/view/
Old 02-08-2006, 09:45 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by galuhcandrakirana
WOW.... it should be an embarassing picture for Queen Paola http://www.supload.com/free/ouch-200...2509.jpg/view/
She's got beautiful legs though !
Old 02-08-2006, 09:52 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by assia
She's got beautiful legs though !
She looks terrific for her age
Old 02-08-2006, 10:03 AM
Royal Highness

It was at the Rebild celebrations on 4 July - must be 10-15 years ago. She must have hurt herself the way she rolled down the stairs.
I have been searching for the picture but haven't found it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian
I can't remember where i saw this but it was a pic of Queen Margrethe falling down some stairs, or it could have been just a trip. I will try and dig it up.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane
It was at the Rebild celebrations on 4 July - must be 10-15 years ago. She must have hurt herself the way she rolled down the stairs.
I have been searching for the picture but haven't found it.

thanks for that UserDane. I have been looking as well but can't seem to find it. I am sure that i saw the picture on this forum though. I know, it was a really bad fall.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:01 AM
Commoner

I found the picture and explanation for QM of Denmark's fall here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-a-6511-5.html

Check out post #99. She must have really hurt herself in that fall.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

thanks for that, thats the one :) Ouch!
Old 02-08-2006, 11:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy
Poor Mary, a fly away hat it awful cause then you have to go chase it (or have someone else chase it like she did) but I have a question, don't they usually put a pin in through the hat that goes through the hair and out the other side for these kinds of hats? I saw Queen Elizabeth II has those pins and she really doesn't have that much hair to work with.:)
Yes the Queen uses Hat pins and something like kirbigrips to pin the hair down for the pin to go through (or that is the norm) .
Old 02-08-2006, 12:20 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefertiti
I found the picture and explanation for QM of Denmark's fall here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-a-6511-5.html

Check out post #99. She must have really hurt herself in that fall.
Thanks Nefertiti. I remember they showed it on TV. She really must have been bruised after that.