Unfortunate Royal Moments / Experiences

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
iannis said:
Is there anything in the protocole about royals falling? I mean, are you allowed to help them stand up? Cause this includes lots of touching them and it looks kind of embarassing for them

The ways of old, (where none but the most senior and close members of the Royal family would touch the monarch or other royal personage), have faded to the reality of people's reactions should members of Royal families stumble or fall. As far as assistance in a situation where they may come to harm, then the notion os waivered, however a Paul Keating moment (where the then Prime Minister or Australia placed his arm on Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II's back in order to 'guide' Her Majesty), would certainly not be tolerated (and nor was it).

galuhcandrakirana said:
Princess Alexandra of Danemark did mistake by wearing her Sash in wrong side in Bulgarian state banquette event :)confused: not sure about the event).

Matched by HRH The Prince Philip the Duke of Edinburgh when His Royal Highness was wearing the Order of the Leopard (from Zaire), instead of the Order of Leopold, to the funeral of HM King Baudouin. Certainly not Prince Philips' fault, probably just a case of mistaken hand-writing made by a valet, but all the same, very very different order, only made worse by the fact that almost every other Royal assembled for the funeral, was wearing the correct order.

Infanta Cristina falls down while walking towards the public to greet them.

1147972674_extras_fotos_gente_0.jpg

Aww, it's funny but I feel for her ... I think we've all been there at one time or another (probably no so publicly though)

I feel for Cristina, but she's smiling. I'm sure she dusted herself off and resumed her greetings. :)

Seeing the first photos of 'Mary and the Flying Hat', I think it was, in fact, a moment of triumph. You need the look at the photos in order to see what I mean. (Sorry I can't do the photo thing yet).:eek:

First the look on her face as she grabbed at her hat.
Next the hat bowling away in the wind, and after that
Mary laughing so much that she was almost bent double, followed by her graciously receiving her hat back from her military 'saviour'.:cool:

In one moment of time she showed that 'awful' things can happen to anyone and that it's how you cope that counts. In other words 'Make like a duck!' ;)

Katrianna said:
I feel for Cristina, but she's smiling. I'm sure she dusted herself off and resumed her greetings. :)

Yeah, gotta have a lot of elegance and confidence to do just that;)

crisiñaki said:
oh my!
This could be a very serious issue in a muslim country like Jordan

Don't think they would print the pics there. But Rania should really wear a body underneath her clothes if she decides to wear such a short jacket...:)

Jo of Palatine said:
Don't think they would print the pics there. But Rania should really wear a body underneath her clothes if she decides to wear such a short jacket...:)

OUCHHHHHHHHH
That's painful but absolutely true;):D

what about British Royal Family have not pleasant moment? same Sophie,Countess of Wessex almost flew of her hats at Ascot and hold of her hats and its really not moments of her and im not sure what another member of British Royal Family? Diana,Princess of Wales,HM Queen Elizabeth II,Queen Mother,Princess Margaret,etc.

it was an accident with Rania guys, this things happen to all of us!

bonnita said:
it was an accident with Rania guys, this things happen to all of us!

we know, but there are two elements to consider:

1. She's a MUSLIM, she shouldn't show that much flesh (regardless the accident or not)
2. She's a QUEEN, which means nononono to midriff showing, use a larger suit jacket or do something!

crisiñaki said:

1. She's a MUSLIM, she shouldn't show that much flesh (regardless the accident or not)
That was hardly excessive flesh on show! What is more, millions of muslim women in India and Bangladesh wear Saris which, as we all know, expose most of the waist:
http://www.modernmuslima.com/jilbabhow.htm

Diogenes said:
That was hardly excessive flesh on show! What is more, millions of muslim women in India and Bangladesh wear Saris which, as we all know, expose most of the waist:

The jordanian/arab culture does nothing to have with the indian/bangali culure,In Jordan some 90% women cover their hair,so what would be withier belly.

in India and so,they show their belly by choice,Rania's belly have been showen by awkwardness.

crisiñaki said:

2. She's a QUEEN, which means nononono to midriff showing, use a larger suit jacket or do something!

An other moment of Rania's belly on air,she didn't learn from her previous mistake.

Monalisa said:
An other moment of Rania's belly on air,she didn't learn from her previous mistake.

Perhaps Queen Rania are trying to modernize the muslim culture of clothes.

Monalisa said:
Sorry my ignorance, but what "previous mistake"?? :confused:

Diogenes said:

True. I've bought tops in the past which have on stretching/or standing straight have revealed a slither of flesh like Rania. I'm hoping God will be more forgiving of my "sin"!

I really feel for Cristina in the pictures where she fell over, at least she managed to smile about it.

H.M. Margrethe said:
Perhaps Queen Rania are trying to modernize the muslim culture of clothes.

That's funny,since when showing mor skin was a sign or more modernization??!,if so,then the premitive people of some african countries and Islands,are the most modern in this planet:D

The muslim religion goes in the same way as the very modern feminist movements,both don't worship "La femme objet" or "The woman object" as a tool of image or as a superficial thing...,I think Rania should teach others about the right way to respect muslim/arab women with their culture,and not trying to make from them a copy of some women slaves of the culte of image and superficial things...

Last edited:
galuhcandrakirana said:
I think Monalisa referred to post no 62

Yes ,thanks,I was referring to QR's belly showen in public in the state visit to France.

Pictures in post #62.

Monalisa said:
The muslim religion goes in the same way as the very modern feminist movements,both don't worship "La femme objet" or "The woman object" as a tool of image or as a superficial thing...,I think Rania should teach others about the right way to respect muslim/arab women with their culture,and not trying to make from them a copy of some women slaves of the culte of image and superficial things...

How is Rania making muslim women a sexual object or superficial object by revealing a sliver of flesh? Which to all intents and purposes seems to be accidental?

I think complaints about Rania's belly showing are rather extreme. It was a mistake, a little embarassing, but no more than that. Its hard to imagine Rania setting herself up as Le Femme Objet with that outfit so that anyone who sees her like that has an overactive imagination and one not too complimentary to women.

ysbel said:
I think complaints about Rania's belly showing are rather extreme. It was a mistake, a little embarassing, but no more than that. Its hard to imagine Rania setting herself up as Le Femme Objet with that outfit so that anyone who sees her like that has an overactive imagination and one not too complimentary to women.
My sentiments exactly! I find it paradoxical that we become apologists of fundamentalism instead of proponents of emancipation

ysbel said:

I completely agree.

Thank you ..

Anyone can make mistakes ..one might think that she is doing this purpo purposefully ....next thing we'll have them accusing her of giving a free promotion for bellydancing classes:p ...

ysbel said:

Last edited:
Katrianna said:
I think the picture is posted on a thread about Mette-Marit, there's a picture of Haakon and Mette-Marit leaving a restaraunt and she slips on some ice and falls on the steps. That had to hurt and in front of press cameras no less! At least when i've fallen I know it's not going to be on the front page!:eek:

Do you have the picture of Mette marit falling over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom