The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion > Royal Life and Lifestyle

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-08-2011, 03:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Mette Marit:
http://translate.googleusercontent.c...gvFvo5ID058KlA

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...m9iXrf9GLtr6Xg

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...mmmmVG0pI4lLLA

Old 01-24-2011, 05:46 AM
Nobility

In my book of Royal Trivia, I read about an incident where Princess Alexandra accidentally sat on the Ambassador's new top hat. She held it up to the crowd and shouted, "Look what I've done now!"

Old 01-24-2011, 05:51 AM
Nobility

Another one I've just thought of, where Prince William was in Australia meeting some young rugby players and the ball clobbered him in the private parts!
Old 01-25-2011, 02:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Sometimes the royals are bored... or tired:
Königliche Nickerchen - RoyalNews.de
Old 01-27-2011, 10:33 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Sometimes the royals are bored... or tired:
Königliche Nickerchen - RoyalNews.de
Those are some funny photos. Thanks for the laugh.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:19 AM
Serene Highness

I remember one picture where Queen Elizabeth was speaking and all you could see was the hat she was wearing. The podium was blocking her face. You really couldn't hear her very well either.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:09 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
I remember one picture where Queen Elizabeth was speaking and all you could see was the hat she was wearing. The podium was blocking her face. You really couldn't hear her very well either.
That happen when Her Majesty visited the US in the early Nineties and was speaking at the dais that obviously was in place for President George H.W. Bush and when she spoke it was much too high for her.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:26 AM
Nobility

Later in the same visit, she spoke to a joint session of Congress and opened by saying, "I hope you can all see me." That got her a thunderous round of applause.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:22 PM
Serene Highness

Thank's funny (Queen Elizabeth's comment to the Congress).
Old 02-08-2011, 08:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

A gust of wind catches The Duchess of Cornwall's umbrella as she arrives in Steeple Ashton, Wiltshire, to meet members of the Wiltshire Guild of Spinners, Weavers and Dyers, February 7, 2011.
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...m_1820696c.jpg
Old 03-12-2011, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator

Not vely lovely:

ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing
Old 03-12-2011, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

That's funny. At least Victoria and MM are laughing
Nice to see they all have such a close relationship.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:30 PM
Nobility

Funny? I really dont find this very funny. Do you imagine Principe Felipe of Spain to do such a stupid gesture? I dont think so. But I agree nice they have a close relationship. I think Daniel is not a very educated man. He seems to forgot that from the day he accept to marry Victoria he has a certain behavior to adopt. I must say I am a little disapointed to see this photo. I really didnt think he could do that.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

I don't think education has a lot to do with it. It was clearly a spontaneous gesture and while I personally have never given anyone the finger I won't hold it against Daniel. I've seen tons of other photos from this event and he's hugging MM in several of them.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:55 PM
Serene Highness

He's a guy. And I know many very educated people who have used this gesture. Indeed, the first time I ever saw it was at a major university (and it's a rare university where one doesn't occasionally see it, IMO).
Old 03-12-2011, 03:27 PM
Serene Highness

WHAT?!? No embarrassing moments for the Grimaldis? Not that they need any... After all, and for as much as i love that family, being a Grimaldi is like being an «accident» waiting to happen!!!
Old 03-12-2011, 04:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

That picture of Daniel is disturbing...he should do a gesture like that in private. I usually get the middle finger when I cut someone off in traffic, so I don't think it's ever really funny. MM is smiling but even she looks a bit surprised.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:41 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
He's a guy. And I know many very educated people who have used this gesture. Indeed, the first time I ever saw it was at a major university (and it's a rare university where one doesn't occasionally see it, IMO).
Bingo! I have worked as an engineer for so many years and I can tell you, what Prince Daniel did is no surprise whatsoever. It shouldn't be taken as an offence, but rather just a "boy thing".

Also, we are merely seeing a gesture, and it is not in context. Generally a boy (and remember boys stay at the mental age of about 12-16 for the remainder of their lives!) will do that if a woman makes a smart remark to which they have no comeback.

Some people really need to lighten up. I'd call that "warm Moments between Royals", considering you're seeing MM, Victoria and Haakon laughing/making light of it.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:43 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
That picture of Daniel is disturbing...he should do a gesture like that in private. I usually get the middle finger when I cut someone off in traffic, so I don't think it's ever really funny. MM is smiling but even she looks a bit surprised.
I think MM's reply is "Is that all you can give me, seriously". She doesn't look surprised or offended.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:27 PM
Aristocracy

I am not personally offended by the gesture, but there are things that Royals can or should do in public places and others that can be done in private places, regardless of whether it is a "boy" thing or not. Daniel did not use very good judgement and I am disappointed in him.