Most Well-Run Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Freedom

Nobility
City
Miami
Country
United States
Which royal family is the most well-run? By that I mean: which family handles personal matters best with the media, which family appears to have the most grounded values, which family is most embraced by its country's people, which family seems to have the most control over leading their lives as they want, etc...

As much as i would love to say the Monaco royal family i can't as they are well-known for their dysfunctional family so i would have to say Denmark they seem pretty happy and controversy-free ^__^

I would say British family: in spite of the British press, which is the most intrusive and scandalistic, and the public opinion, which is by far the most "difficult", they are able to survive.

I like British Royal Family because HM Queen really still rules for more over 50 years! since her coronation

Sara Boyce

more thoughts on this subject

and what does well run royal family mean for you

I would say Luxembourg, Spain, Sweden, Netherlands, Denmark and Belgium do very well. The family members seem very grounded, nice and charitable. Also they don't have lots of scandals.

i would definitely agee on denmark, sweden, and norway
i defintely love pincess mary and prince frederik

I would say Spain. I love how they always seem to enjoy each others company..everywere the grandchildren are Queen Sofia isn't far away that is so cute.

The scandinavian royal famliys. Norway, Denmark and Sweden

definetly denmark, sweden, and Lichtenstein.

I think Queen Margrethe and Queen Beatrix run their houses the best. Both women are incredibly intelligent, professional, and still very warm and caring.

I would say the Danish royal house is the most well run. Also the Norwegian royal house. But then again, we can only judge from what they show and present to the public. Who knows what goes on behind closed doors.

Last edited:
Does it matter how much staff the royal families have, in terms of being "well-run"?

norway, they move with the times but they do there job as well.

norwegianne said:
Does it matter how much staff the royal families have, in terms of being "well-run"?

Great point Norwegianne, I'd say an efficient use of resources is a critical component of a well-run operation (in this case-family). So, a family with too many 'unjustifiable' staff members could signify a less than optimally run organization (family). :eek:

I would say England and Sweden, i confess i do not know too much about other royal houses and it's members but Sweden seems to be a very well run unit whilst still remaining a good family and i am most likely to be a little biased when i say England, only because i have been exposed to them more than any of the other royal houses.

oskana said:
definetly denmark, sweden, and Lichtenstein.

Liechtenstein??? Prince Hans-Adam II ios threatening to leave Vaduz for Vienna every now and then, when the Liechtensteiners vote something which is aganst his will!

The Belgian RF seems to be almost faultless and the faults they do have are dealt with in an elegant way.

How can people possibly say England? I know they can be your favorite family, but calling them well-run is generous (to say the absolute least). They cannot control their servants' mouths from talking to the press. There seems to be one incident after another in that family. Then there was that time that a member of the American press got a job in the palace just to see how easy it would be. This completely random person had access to the whole family and the American president and no one knew about it until he came out and said what he did. I just really don't understand the justification for calling that a well-run family. They are historic and powerful, but that doesn't necessarily translate into efficient or well-managed.

I think Norway at the top..then The Netherlands and Spain. They seem to be able to handle anything that gets 'thrown' at them :)

SpiffyBallerina said:
Then there was that time that a member of the American press got a job in the palace just to see how easy it would be.

He was a member of the British press.

selrahc4 said:
He was a member of the British press.

I stand corrected.:eek: British or American, SOMEONE got in who wasn't supposed to be there!:p Thanks for the help!

SpiffyBallerina said:
How can people possibly say England? I know they can be your favorite family, but calling them well-run is generous (to say the absolute least). They cannot control their servants' mouths from talking to the press. There seems to be one incident after another in that family. Then there was that time that a member of the American press got a job in the palace just to see how easy it would be. This completely random person had access to the whole family and the American president and no one knew about it until he came out and said what he did. I just really don't understand the justification for calling that a well-run family. They are historic and powerful, but that doesn't necessarily translate into efficient or well-managed.

I said England because despite these incidents the Queen and the rest of the family deal with them with dignity. A well run family to me doesn't mean they have to be scandal free, it's how these incidents are dealt with that make the family well run or not.

Denmark, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden, Belgium, Netherlands

Not necessary in this order

Netherlands
Spain
Luxembourg
Sweden
Belgium
Norway

Back
Top Bottom