Old 10-24-2006, 03:37 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula**
Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Belgium
That's what i also think, along with liechestien

Old 10-24-2006, 06:38 AM
Serene Highness

I wish I could say Monaco royal family is well run, b/c I really like them, but unfortunately Grimaldis have very complicated lives.
Definitely Liechtenstein is perfectly run, also Spainish royal family seems very well run family business.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 01-01-2015, 07:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Definitely the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
Look at them separately from the British Royal Family.
They did not immediately marry but Catherine saw royal events and what it took to be a royal.
Old 01-01-2015, 08:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

This thread is almost 10 yrs old
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 08-18-2017, 11:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Are Sweden and Spain still on people's list after their scandals? Saying the BRF is the best run is just playing favorites and ignoring facts.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 08-18-2017, 11:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Are Sweden and Spain still on people's list after their scandals? Saying the BRF is the best run is just playing favorites and ignoring facts.
Sweden is my number 1. Even after the King's scandal, the entire "organisation" is very well done.

After Sweden comes Denmark and Norway. I find the BRF clumsy at times.
Old 08-19-2017, 05:54 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava View Post
Sweden is my number 1. Even after the King's scandal, the entire "organisation" is very well done.

After Sweden comes Denmark and Norway. I find the BRF clumsy at times.
Id say now after the big restructuring of the Press department the Swedes run a very smooth organisation. Margaretha Thorgren seems very competent.
Old 08-19-2017, 06:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
Which royal family is the most well-run? By that I mean: which family handles personal matters best with the media, which family appears to have the most grounded values, which family is most embraced by its country's people, which family seems to have the most control over leading their lives as they want, etc...
This is the original post in this thread, and by this definition i'd say:
- Netherlands - because they completely control what comes in the media and what not, have no inter-family disagreements (that we know of ), extended family members perform some royal tasks but have their own occupations too, and the family is generally well liked and appreciated (esp. Q.Maxima); there are some complaints about money but we dutch usually complain about money for anybody (politicians, soccerplayers, anyone other than ourselves )
- Monaco - because i feel P.Albert is in total control and the extended family is much less scandal-prone than a couple of decades ago

and that's it...for all the other monarchies i can think of objections to calling them "well run" (i think QEII tried well, but is let down by some of her relatives (current or former))

edited: is just saw the post above me and if the PR dep. of the Swedish RF has been improved than they are on my list too....that to me was their major flaw
Old 08-19-2017, 07:43 AM
Majesty

I would say the Dutch because -after a couple or years of nagging, mainly about costs and "hidden influence"- they have modernized the Royal House Finances Act, they have modernized the Royal House Act itself, the new King keeps himself far from day-to-day politics and has an eye for PR by opening the palaces for the public, by inviting the men-from-the-street for a real lavish State Banquet for his 50th Birthday, by "controlling" the media via a so-called "media code" and the Royal Household Services seem one of the best run in the country, even subjecting the palace organization to ISO standards. The Dutch Court also tries to prevent "cliques" to request staff from departments, the armed forces, the judiciary, the diplomatic service, the banking sector, the hotel sector to work for the Court for a limited period. It prevents "little kingdoms" inside the organization. So all by all I think the Dutch is the best run one but it would have been a disgrace if that was not so: they are amongst the most expensive Households overall.
Old 08-19-2017, 08:08 AM
Heir Apparent

A agree with you.
I heard King Willem Alexander's one hour interview for his 50th Birthday. He prepared himself to be an excellent Monarch . He has a solar Consort Queen, an excellent Mother who was Queen and did not abdicate for healty reasons. The Whole Dutch Family whose consorts are Dutch also is united.
He will continue his excellent run .
Old 08-19-2017, 10:04 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
A agree with you.
I heard King Willem Alexander's one hour interview for his 50th Birthday. He prepared himself to be an excellent Monarch . He has a solar Consort Queen, an excellent Mother who was Queen and did not abdicate for healty reasons. The Whole Dutch Family whose consorts are Dutch also is united.
He will continue his excellent run .
Hear Hear Hear!!

As to the initial question,:the Dutch RF & RH is the most-well-run of 'm all!
Without a doubt.
Old 08-19-2017, 10:08 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Yes, the Dutch as well for me, without a doubt.