The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-28-2004, 05:12 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannelore
Don't forget she also has a family life and 2 small children..
I was thinking about this earlier when Alexandria reminded me of the complaints about the Dutch Royal Family. We should probably split apart those who have small children/babies and those who don´t. I mean I can´t believe people would complain about Maxima and Willem Alexander but I gues they have. I would think that people would say "No, they will come back to the fold and do more duties once the children are older..."

Old 12-28-2004, 05:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

I for one don't think Maxima is a very active royal. But on the other hand queen Beatrix is very active, so it also comes down to how the tasks are divided.

The British, Belgian and Spanish royals are IMO the busiest. Which doesn't make the others lazy!! Each country has it's own way of handling things, different points thar are important, a very large or a small population.

Let's not oversimplify and consider any monarchy the same. That would be like me saying the USA are very similar to France or to Australia.

Old 12-28-2004, 05:20 AM
Majesty

I agree with you on that. On the number of duties and on public perception, I would say that those 3 families are the most active. My thinking about the Crown Prince and Princess of Orange was slightly off. But those 3 families are probably the most active. Yes, Beatrix. I agree with you there.
Old 12-28-2004, 05:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennyllorac
My intention was never to distort. this was the information given on various sites. However, since you so kindly pointed out my mistake,
I searched the net again and found conflicting numbers. However, I came across the BBC and these were the numbers they gave.

1998 - 642
1999 - 700
2001 - 655

I apologize for the mistake. However, these numbers are still impressive.
Then these figures must also imply receiving guests at their offices. Believe me it can't all be visits.

Interesting, how it's always interpreted differently, the figures I gave of the Begian RF are solely about visits. We shoud have the same kind of figures to compare of course.

Thanks for your response!
Old 12-28-2004, 02:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Then these figures must also imply receiving guests at their offices. Believe me it can't all be visits.
Why can't they all be visits? Why might it be so hard to believe that Princess Anne performed on average 650 visits of some sort each year over the past several years?

I'm not sure I understand the reluctance to give Princess Anne credit where it is due to her?

Princess Anne, unlike some other royals, has grown children so she doesn't need to rush home to put them to bed or to care for them as say Mathilde or Maxima do. She doesn't hold a job outside of her royal duties such as Cristina of Spain does. So why can't she be devoting her time to various royal duties?
Old 12-28-2004, 03:33 PM
Majesty

i found a thread moust hard working royal so I merged the two of them togather
Old 12-28-2004, 03:33 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
The British, Belgian and Spanish royals are IMO the busiest. Which doesn't make the others lazy!! Each country has it's own way of handling things, different points thar are important, a very large or a small population.
How about a thread on the most inactive royals???
Topping that list: The Danes. Frederick and Mary perform the least amount of royal duties for a Crown Prince couple.
Old 12-28-2004, 03:35 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
I was thinking about this earlier when Alexandria reminded me of the complaints about the Dutch Royal Family. We should probably split apart those who have small children/babies and those who don´t. I mean I can´t believe people would complain about Maxima and Willem Alexander but I gues they have. I would think that people would say "No, they will come back to the fold and do more duties once the children are older..."
Why do we need to split the list???
It's not as if those who have small children or babies don't have help to care for their children. It's not like when they are out shaking hands and opening hospital wards their children are left home alone at the palace.
Non royals who have young kids work too so why should royals be divided into different groups???
Old 12-28-2004, 03:36 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
I'm not sure I understand the reluctance to give Princess Anne credit where it is due to her?
Maybe the reluctance to admit that someone else is hard working is because you realize that your beloved royals aren't as hard working as you believed.
Ah the delusion shatters.
Old 12-28-2004, 06:25 PM
Courtier

Queen Elizabeth
Princess Anne
Prince Charles
Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia- I think the most active royals last year
Old 12-28-2004, 06:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv
Queen Elizabeth
Princess Anne
Prince Charles
Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia- I think the most active royals last year
I think this is a pretty apt list liv.

I think Phillippe and Mathlide of Belgium could be added to this list following Felipe and Letizia.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicomtesse
Why do we need to split the list???
It's not as if those who have small children or babies don't have help to care for their children. It's not like when they are out shaking hands and opening hospital wards their children are left home alone at the palace.
Non royals who have young kids work too so why should royals be divided into different groups???
I just meant that we should split into two different groups royals with small children and those without. I hope we would have complained less about those royals with small children and their lack of duties.
Old 12-29-2004, 04:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Who do you think is the least working of them...let's say: the laziest ???

(...ohhh...I guess I already se it coming....)
Old 12-29-2004, 04:49 PM
Aristocracy

IMO Queen Margrethe of Denmark is the most active royal. =)
Old 01-04-2005, 11:24 PM
Royal Highness

Here is an interesting article from Hello magazine.
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty.../princeandrew/

3 JANUARY 2005
To describe Prince Andrew as a member of the jet-set would be something of an understatement, as the well-travelled royal has broken his own record for overseas engagements.
The 44-year-old made a staggering 309 foreign visits in 2004, compared with 179 the previous year. And altogether he managed to notch up 581 appearances, meaning that only Princess Anne had a more hectic schedule. The Princess Royal's jam-packed appointment book saw her make 599 visits, though only 131 were overseas.
Most of Andrew's trips were made in his capacity as an official trade ambassador for Britain. Over the course of the last 12 months he has taken in such exotic destinations as Japan, Quatar, Oman, Russia and Bahrain.
His penchant for attending major sporting events – and enjoying the odd round of golf - has also earned him a reputation as a "playboy prince". But representatives for UK Trade and Investment, the governmental body in charge of promoting British industry, insist he is a very hard worker.
"He has never put a foot wrong in all the work he has done for us," said a spokesman. "He is a first-class diplomat. When he started in 2001 it was a steep learning curve, but he's brought management skills with him and he's learned very, very quickly."
Old 07-26-2005, 04:50 PM
Majesty

i think we also need to have in mind the size of each country
Old 07-26-2005, 06:36 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
i think we also need to have in mind the size of each country
That are i agree with Josephine! the scandinavian country are very smal!
Old 07-26-2005, 07:00 PM
Courtier

I must say this discussion has been very Euro-centric. How could, for example, the King of Jordan, the absolutist monarch of a small, poor, but influencial middle eastern country not be on any list?
Old 09-18-2005, 02:07 AM
Courtier

Smile

For Middle eastern kingdoms...I count Queen Rania, queen Noor, Lala Hasna as active and busy Royal. Queen Sirikit of Thailand and her daughter princess mahachakri Sirindhorn also very active royal. I don't have any source with me, but I have read that the princess is very well known as a hard working princess in thailand, once there is a speculation that people has prefered her as next head of state than her brother. I could say that Queen Saleha also an active quen in her tiny and rich kingdom.
For European kingdom mostly I agree with most of the posters who choose princess Anne of UK and princess Alexandra of Denmark for princess category:) .
Old 09-18-2005, 03:01 AM
Courtier

ups... I forgot the mention Lala Meryem of Marocco..she is also very active in duty.