The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion > Royal Life and Lifestyle

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-12-2005, 04:06 AM
Aristocracy

Thumbs down How Royals looked before their marriage and entry into a royal family!!

How many royals had to undergo major transformations before their entry into a royal family. Mary was overweight and had to go on a course b4 her wedding. please post any pics u mite have and any cases u know of!!!

Old 10-12-2005, 04:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Mary was clearly not overweight. She was sporty and athletic and-yes-a little rounder than today. But I wouldn´t call this "overweight".
When you refer on this starmarker-course...this was Mary´s free choice. In fact I would say these days at the courts more or less all is free choice. At least as long as you don´t subordinate to the pressure from the society...I think, when you play the nice willing ambitious girl until the engagement, not much can happen to you as princess

Old 10-12-2005, 04:29 AM
Majesty

here is a thread about their style before and after
Royals before and after!
Old 10-12-2005, 05:15 AM
Aristocracy

whoa, Lena, i wasnt attackin anyone, I was just asking. Mary is a great princess but she did go for the course in preparation for her role, and I just asked
Old 10-12-2005, 05:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hania
whoa, Lena, i wasnt attackin anyone, I was just asking. Mary is a great princess but she did go for the course in preparation for her role, and I just asked
I didn´t wanted to attack you :) I just wanted to tell my point of view. And I wonder, which course you mean at all The course, she did privately in Australia in autumn 2000...or the lessons in language, etiquette etc. , she did at the danish court?
Old 10-12-2005, 07:07 AM
Aristocracy

the one in Australia, I think it was an image makeover course
Old 10-12-2005, 09:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

she did this course called "Starmakers" which I think is usually taken by girls planning to become models.

it teaches you good deportment. i think it focuses a lot on how to look your best before a camera. there's an etiquette component as well. They teach you the right way to shake hands, greet people etc. but its mainly focuses on media presentation.

At the time she took the course Mary was already a little too old to start a modeling career (and back then, she wasnt thin enough, though of course she is now).

so that wasnt her aim in taking the class.

there is some debate on the royalty boards what her motivation was in taking the course. she started it right after Frederick had left after the Olympics. Some people think she took it boost her media skills to further her career. some people think it was to prepare for her relationship with Frederick. she must have known that if it continued the paparazzi would soon be turning their lenses on her.

When asked about it in an interview mary said she took the course because "life was passing me by."

I've read that she didn't finish the course, but that may not be true.

Around this same time Mary also paid an image consultant to give her advice on how to dress.

I believe for awhile Mary's photoshoots from starmakers were available on line. I only saw them once. she's doing some pretty basic model type poses. she looks really different with more weight. i actually think she looks prettier. her face has softer, more round lines.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:25 AM
Aristocracy

I also feel she looks nicer when she is little rounder, she has a softness to her face. But i still love her as a princess, she is like the girl next door.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:23 AM
Aristocracy

mary and starmakers

For me, if you think that it is something that can help you in your life then why not go for it. I think CP Mary realized that if she was to have a relationship with CP Frederick, she needs to know how to act and present herself in certain situations. I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to develop oneself into a better person. Besides, whether she did it with being a princess in mind is not a big deal. I think it's okay, knowing that if the relationship will deepen, she eventually needs to know how to act as a princess.
Old 12-27-2008, 05:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

, it is very interesting, all this, I did not know about image consultant, how do you fing one? and how do yo know it is good? a course in Starmakers just after he left sidney, i think too soon for her, only if she wanted really to catch him! too early in the relation but this is my thought of course! certenly she looks different the same goes with maxima? where did she learn everything?