The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 10-27-2006, 12:47 PM
Tinika's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Denver, United States
Posts: 276
How likely is a royal divorce?

I know Charles and Diana divorced, but that was such a scandalous event. I wonder how possible it is that another crown princely couple would divorce. Not to speculate on the happiness of any of the royal couples, because with the proliferation of pregnancies it's obvious that they're all just fine. But if, let's say, Frederik and Mary were to have so many problems that they just couldn't live together anymore. What would happen? Would they really divorce? Where would Mary go? And what if Frederik remarried? That's something really unprecedented, since Diana was already deceased when Charles remarried, and the same was true of Belgium's Queen Astrid and King Leopold.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-27-2006, 01:19 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinika
I know Charles and Diana divorced, but that was such a scandalous event. I wonder how possible it is that another crown princely couple would divorce. Not to speculate on the happiness of any of the royal couples, because with the proliferation of pregnancies it's obvious that they're all just fine. But if, let's say, Frederik and Mary were to have so many problems that they just couldn't live together anymore. What would happen? Would they really divorce? Where would Mary go? And what if Frederik remarried? That's something really unprecedented, since Diana was already deceased when Charles remarried, and the same was true of Belgium's Queen Astrid and King Leopold.
If Mary decided to divorce, Frederik have to pay for suitable accomodation for her. Also she is most likely to stay in Denmark since she can not bring the children with her out of the country.

Hope it never happens.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-27-2006, 01:34 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Somewhere in Germany, Germany
Posts: 745
Possible divorces

The (in moy opinion) likely:
1. Frederik and Mary (interesting that you mentioned them of all people)
2. Felipe and Letizia

Because: Frederik had (like Joachim) a very hard childhood and is in my opinion a complicated personality. Mary in my opinion will find that out little by little. His tears during the wedding mass i.m.o. were not shed because of being moved but of knowing that his easy life is over now and he has to bear responsibility now a.s.o.
With Leti and Felipe: They both have to show that the marriage works specially Felipe who confronted is parents with this fait accompli. He i.m.o. isn´t mature enough (and his sign of the zodiac is aquarius, and an aquarius needs his freedom...) although he´s in his late 30ies to keep a marriage work. Leti wears in my opinion the trousers in this marriage. But I knew this from all the beginning that he´ll never be succesfull finding a proper wife. He always had this tendency to women who simply don´t fit....
Well, in Denmark it depends on how long the marriage lasts, if not too long Mary might go back to Australia. And Leti, no problem living her own life again somewhere in Spain, having the children around in her own villa.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-27-2006, 01:45 PM
Empress's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 3,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie
The (in moy opinion) likely:
1. Frederik and Mary (interesting that you mentioned them of all people)
2. Felipe and Letizia

Because: Frederik had (like Joachim) a very hard childhood and is in my opinion a complicated personality. Mary in my opinion will find that out little by little. His tears during the wedding mass i.m.o. were not shed because of being moved but of knowing that his easy life is over now and he has to bear responsibility now a.s.o.
With Leti and Felipe: They both have to show that the marriage works specially Felipe who confronted is parents with this fait accompli. He i.m.o. isn´t mature enough (and his sign of the zodiac is aquarius, and an aquarius needs his freedom...) although he´s in his late 30ies to keep a marriage work. Leti wears in my opinion the trousers in this marriage. But I knew this from all the beginning that he´ll never be succesfull finding a proper wife. He always had this tendency to women who simply don´t fit....
Well, in Denmark it depends on how long the marriage lasts, if not too long Mary might go back to Australia. And Leti, no problem living her own life again somewhere in Spain, having the children around in her own villa.
Well, I do not see either of these couples divorcing, and while you are certainly entitled to your opinion, I do not think anyone can or should make assumptions or predictions about people that they have most likely never met.

Furthermore, there is no reason to believe that these couples are having any problems at all, certainly not with their impending second children. I have seen no evidence at all that these two couples are anything more than happily in love, and I think that we should let them be.

Above and beyond all that, speculation of this sort is not at all productive or pleasant conversation material.

I would rather see conversations about their happiness than about unfounded accusations of their personalities that can not be substantiated.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-27-2006, 02:55 PM
Saturn's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Posts: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie
The (in moy opinion) likely:
1. Frederik and Mary (interesting that you mentioned them of all people)
2. Felipe and Letizia

Because: Frederik had (like Joachim) a very hard childhood and is in my opinion a complicated personality. Mary in my opinion will find that out little by little. His tears during the wedding mass i.m.o. were not shed because of being moved but of knowing that his easy life is over now and he has to bear responsibility now a.s.o.
With Leti and Felipe: They both have to show that the marriage works specially Felipe who confronted is parents with this fait accompli. He i.m.o. isn´t mature enough (and his sign of the zodiac is aquarius, and an aquarius needs his freedom...) although he´s in his late 30ies to keep a marriage work. Leti wears in my opinion the trousers in this marriage. But I knew this from all the beginning that he´ll never be succesfull finding a proper wife. He always had this tendency to women who simply don´t fit....
Well, in Denmark it depends on how long the marriage lasts, if not too long Mary might go back to Australia. And Leti, no problem living her own life again somewhere in Spain, having the children around in her own villa.
I agree with you. Royal beings are exposed to the public and everybody who follows them can perceive what you have stated.
On the other hand, I think if Fred & Mary divorced it would be an upheaval but Danes would accept them.
If Felipe & Leti divorced, it would be a big problem because Spain is a catholic country and there are lots of people who wouldn't accept that, the fact that Leti was divorced is still an issue for many people.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-27-2006, 03:02 PM
Henri M.'s Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Eindhoven / Maastricht, Netherlands
Posts: 1,896
The Crown Prince and -Princess of Denmark are in my head as the most likely divorce.
The Duke and Duchess of Brabant seems the most unlikely divorce.

But of course I hope all couples will be happy together.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-27-2006, 03:41 PM
Salomé's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Genève, Switzerland
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by MargreteI
If Mary decided to divorce, Frederik have to pay for suitable accomodation for her. Also she is most likely to stay in Denmark since she can not bring the children with her out of the country.

Hope it never happens.
If a divorce happens,although I don't think so,(they look so happy together as they found each other,inlike Charles' and Diana's marriage which was an arranged one),Mary will do as Alexandra,she will stay in Denmark,and will keep children,and she still will have duties to perform.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-27-2006, 03:46 PM
Henri M.'s Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Eindhoven / Maastricht, Netherlands
Posts: 1,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salomé
If a divorce happens,although I don't think so,(they look so happy together as they found each other
Maybe you forgot that first we saw a fairytale photosession of Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra amidst flowers, in a gentle autumn sun, in a loving face-a-face position, etc.

A few weeks later the palace announced their divorce.

So pictures says nothing. Nothing.

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-27-2006, 03:50 PM
magnik's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 3,681
Not exactly. Remeber Diana and Charles - photos tell everything!

But you must be a good actor to dosn't show what really happen in your life. (Alexandra&Joachim)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-27-2006, 04:20 PM
ldt20's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Salt Lake City, United States
Posts: 229
I think that Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia are now very happy but even if in the future they were not, I do not think they would ever get divorced.

It just seems like it is something that is not done in the Spanish Royal Family, no matter how hard you have it.

It is a fact that King Juan Carlos cheated on Queen Sofia of different times but together they've stayed. To me it always looks like they have a cordial relationship but not a love one.

It's been mentioned in Spanish circles that Infanta Elena and her husband, Jaime de Marichalar have had rough periods in their marriage as well.

The Spanish Royal Family is extremely discreet, to the point where IMO they would not get divorced in order to avoid many comments, problems, gossip, etc.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-27-2006, 04:35 PM
UserDane's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,966

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie
Mary in my opinion will find that out little by little. His tears during the wedding mass i.m.o. were not shed because of being moved but of knowing that his easy life is over now and he has to bear responsibility now a.s.o.
No, he was actually standing there thinking about his great fortune in life, about finally starting his own family, thinking about the ways he would do things differently from what he had been used to.

See, you're not the only one able to spin a tale None of us know, we just interpret pictures, gestures, etc. differently for a variety of reasons.

I don't see Felipe and Letizia as more likely candidates for a divorce either. As is the case with Frederik, I could imagine that Felipe would be keen to do things differently (from his father for example). Felipe and Letizia seem extremely well matched. If a CPss that seemingly is command of her own life (good in my book) was a sign of trouble to come in the marriage, I see other more likely candidates


__________________
Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-27-2006, 04:48 PM
tabbitha's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Halifax, Canada
Posts: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane


No, he was actually standing there thinking about his great fortune in life, about finally starting his own family, thinking about the ways he would do things differently from what he had been used to.

See, you're not the only one able to spin a tale None of us know, we just interpret pictures, gestures, etc. differently for a variety of reasons.


I don't see Felipe and Letizia as more likely candidates for a divorce either. As is the case with Frederik, I could imagine that Felipe would be keen to do things differently (from his father for example). Felipe and Letizia seem extremely well matched. If a CPss that seemingly is command of her own life (good in my book) was a sign of trouble to come in the marriage, I see other more likely candidates



I thought the same thing Userdane about Fred tearing up at his amazement of seeing Mary and hearing that emotional music.It is funny how we interpret things so different.. I like my interpretation better
I also wondered how long it would take for someone here to bring Fred and Mary into this thread- not long - almost expected it to happen Not this quick though I wish all the Crown Princes and Princesses a long happy life. Only they know what makes a successful marriage......
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-27-2006, 05:01 PM
carlota's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 5,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie
The (in moy opinion) likely:
1. Frederik and Mary (interesting that you mentioned them of all people)
2. Felipe and Letizia

Because: Frederik had (like Joachim) a very hard childhood and is in my opinion a complicated personality. Mary in my opinion will find that out little by little. His tears during the wedding mass i.m.o. were not shed because of being moved but of knowing that his easy life is over now and he has to bear responsibility now a.s.o.
With Leti and Felipe: They both have to show that the marriage works specially Felipe who confronted is parents with this fait accompli. He i.m.o. isn´t mature enough (and his sign of the zodiac is aquarius, and an aquarius needs his freedom...) although he´s in his late 30ies to keep a marriage work. Leti wears in my opinion the trousers in this marriage. But I knew this from all the beginning that he´ll never be succesfull finding a proper wife. He always had this tendency to women who simply don´t fit....
Well, in Denmark it depends on how long the marriage lasts, if not too long Mary might go back to Australia. And Leti, no problem living her own life again somewhere in Spain, having the children around in her own villa.
your points are quite reasonable actually. what you say is really interesting...

these two couples you mentioned are for me the ones that are most likely to divorce as well. both mary and letizia compared to mathilde, maxima and mette marit, seem quite vulnerable to me and perhaps quite young and not enough mature compared to the rest of the princesses.

i guess mary may stay in the country, to stay with her children, just as alexandra did. i really doubt she will live in australia. same for letizia, although i have the impression she may want to retire to asturias with her family, which is no problem as it's still the kingdom of spain, although not the capital, which may cause problems when it comes to performing royal duties.

in the case of mary, it's quite clear that if the queen approves it, she will receive a title and a new HH status, like alexandra probably. what i don't know is what may happen to letizia, as there were no precedents of royal divorces in the spanish family. moreover, what if frederik and mary divorce when frederik is already king of denmark? that may be a problem and i doubt they would divorce in that situation, but if it happens... perhaps frederik may give mary another title such as 'countess of...'?
__________________
Sign the United Nations Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare: http://www.animalsmatter.org
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE!
Feed an animal in need, click for free.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-27-2006, 05:01 PM
magnik's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 3,681
We doesn't have/ had many divorces but... About that what Tinika had wrote - scandalous events.

Do you think that if the any royals are divorcing they have a class?

About our present CPcelies and Princelies couples - does anyone have or know smth about their prenuptial agreements?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-27-2006, 05:13 PM
michelleq's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Philadelphia Region, United States
Posts: 770
To divorce:
Fredrick and Mary (95%)
Felipe and Letizia (75%)

Not to divorce:
Philippe and Mathilde and William Alexander and Maxima. These, two me, are true love matches, and I envy Mathilde and Maxima (in a good way) of their marriages. I would want a marriage like theirs, without the Royal Pomp.
__________________
"Love thy neighbor as thyself"
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-27-2006, 05:20 PM
Salomé's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Genève, Switzerland
Posts: 145
What do u think about Rania and Abdalah of Jordan?there have been rumors several times.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-27-2006, 05:38 PM
sara1981's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North Little Rock, United States
Posts: 3,448
mostly King and Queen never got divorces because still in love all the times for long times and raise their children,grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

im sure i knew about Crown Prince and Crown Princess still in love all the times and never got divorces same parents DID!

i knew about Prince Charles and late Diana,Princess of Wales's separation in 1992 and divorces in 1996 but Diana already stripped HRH and its really nasty scandalous in the taboilds in London,England they talking about affair,rotweiller,etc.But HM Queen order Prince Charles and Princess Diana to divorces but Diana hates to divorces!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-27-2006, 05:42 PM
magnik's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 3,681
I hope that none of the Crown Princely couples wouldn't never divorce!

They're married becouse they want it and had done it with the persons which they love and know.

Btw. why you think that Mary&Fred or Letizia&Felipe will maybe get divorce someday?? What if it will be someone else?!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-27-2006, 05:44 PM
Mari_*'s Avatar
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pty, Panama
Posts: 1,047
Just my opinion but I think it is not nice to speculate about which couple is most likely to divorce.
__________________
..F&L..
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-27-2006, 05:52 PM
Her_Majesty's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bochum, Germany
Posts: 8,555
Interesting to see that many members seem to think that Mary&Fred and Letizia&Felipe will maybe get divorced one day.
I have to say that I don't hope so, because they are very lovely couples..
And i think: A photo says alot, and not like someone said before: nothing (just my opinion).

It just has been discovered that even Harald and Sonja of Norway were about to divorce in the 80s. Well, in fact they didn't think about a divorce (don't know the exact story), but they were living seperated lifes back then. Luckily they found their way back to each other...
So, it shows that the Royal Houses (in this case the NRH) try to prevent a divorce if it is possible in every way.
__________________

__________________
Have a look at TRF Rules and FAQ



Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dutch Royal House Code of Conduct for the Press (Media Code) Silvermj Dutch Royals 41 06-30-2014 05:15 AM
Members of the Royal Family and Line of Succession - Broadest Sense hrhcp Royal House of Denmark 85 07-11-2012 10:20 PM
What Is The Point Of The Gr Family? sky The Royal Family of Greece 82 10-21-2004 01:26 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince felipe crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta elena infanta sofia jordan kate middleton king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympics ottoman picture of the month pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince laurent prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess mary queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit wedding william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:04 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]