The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #61  
Old 04-01-2018, 05:32 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Burke, United States
Posts: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
With all due respect:
When it comes down to it, I don't think for the British RF their profile in the USofA is relevant... if any "profile" to the outside world is important it will primarily be that in the countries they reign...
You just said Harry and Markle would increase relevance in America.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 04-01-2018, 05:37 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 4,121
Again, Prince Charles attended Haakon’s, Philippe’s , Willem-Alexander’s , Felipe’s, and even Infanta Elena’s weddings. He also attended the funeral of Prince Clauss. It was only in the mid-2000s that the P.oW stopped attending royal events in the continent.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 04-01-2018, 06:18 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty1224 View Post
There influence won’t be as strong and big as it is now. Everyone knows it’s the Queen who is keeping the monarchy together. After that all bets are off. Honestly I can never see anyone raising the BRF profile in America like Diana did. Outside the world Megan and Harry are a non factor.
OUtside the world??? What does that mean?
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 04-01-2018, 06:27 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Burke, United States
Posts: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
OUtside the world??? What does that mean?
I meant outside of GB and royal fan bubble.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 04-01-2018, 06:35 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 4,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty1224 View Post
Wow didn’t know that about Letzia. I always assumed she was quite popular. Wow so no monarchy for Leonor to possibly inherit?
Popular support for the monarchy in Spain is around 60 %, which is reasonably comfortable. As our regular Spanish posters have saiid here, parliamentary monarchy is a consolidated system of government in post-Franco Spain and it is unlikely it will be replaced with a different system in the near future. The main challenge to the monarchy comes from Catalan separatism, which is an issue that the Spanish national government has IMHO mishandled for quite some time now.

Overall, I think all surviving European monarchies, including the seemingly most viulnerable ones like Belgium and Spain , are pretty much safe at least for another generation or so.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 04-01-2018, 06:44 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 5,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty1224 View Post
I meant outside of GB and royal fan bubble.
That's funny, Harry got plenty of publicity at the Invictus Games in Florida, enough to draw ex President Bush and Vice President Biden. And Obama came to the IG in Toronto. Presumably they are all in the 'Royal fan bubble'.

Also, Victoria Arbiter discussed recording five or six interviews for different wedding documentaries in one week, a few days ago. All to be broadcast to those uninterested Yanks!

https://mobile.twitter.com/victoriaa...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 04-01-2018, 07:31 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Burke, United States
Posts: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Popular support for the monarchy in Spain is around 60 %, which is reasonably comfortable. As our regular Spanish posters have saiid here, parliamentary monarchy is a consolidated system of government in post-Franco Spain and it is unlikely it will be replaced with a different system in the near future. The main challenge to the monarchy comes from Catalan separatism, which is an issue that the Spanish national government has IMHO mishandled for quite some time now.

Overall, I think all surviving European monarchies, including the seemingly most viulnerable ones like Belgium and Spain , are pretty much safe at least for another generation or so.
Idk but I believe that Spanish monarchy is very delicate and I can totally see it going away no the future. I don’t know the future same as you but I do not see a future Queen Leonor.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 04-01-2018, 07:32 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Burke, United States
Posts: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
That's funny, Harry got plenty of publicity at the Invictus Games in Florida, enough to draw ex President Bush and Vice President Biden. And Obama came to the IG in Toronto. Presumably they are all in the 'Royal fan bubble'.

Also, Victoria Arbiter discussed recording five or six interviews for different wedding documentaries in one week, a few days ago. All to be broadcast to those uninterested Yanks!

https://mobile.twitter.com/victoriaa...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Markle and Harry wedding is not that big of an event and someone said that they will bring so much revelnacy to America and J disagree.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 04-01-2018, 10:17 PM
XeniaCasaraghi's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Texas, United States
Posts: 3,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty1224 View Post
Idk but I believe that Spanish monarchy is very delicate and I can totally see it going away no the future. I don’t know the future same as you but I do not see a future Queen Leonor.
Funny because I don't see a future King George either. I for one hope Spain's monarchy survives for the kings daughters.
__________________
Princess Grace, April 19, 1956
Princess Margaret Rose, May 6, 1960
Crown Princess Mette-Marit, August 25, 2001
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 04-02-2018, 02:21 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Burke, United States
Posts: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Funny because I don't see a future King George either. I for one hope Spain's monarchy survives for the kings daughters.
Well I agree I do not see a future King George. I do too want the monarchy in Spain to survive. Sucks how once was a great monarchy in the past and now it ended like this. But I have this thought that the monarchy will not last long term and Leonor won't be Queen.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 04-02-2018, 02:50 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 5,920
You stated some posts back that because King Felipe and Queen Letizia and their daughters had such a good image that they will be influential and popular, more so than the BRF in the future Now you say Leonor won't be Queen. Please make up your mind.

Incidentally, I think a big part of the BRF's public image is because of the English-speaking world- the realms and the powerful US media. If a royal family is not from an English speaking part of the world they are on the back foot unfortunately in those quarters.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 04-02-2018, 03:18 AM
Lee-Z's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Heerlen, Netherlands
Posts: 2,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty1224 View Post
You just said Harry and Markle would increase relevance in America.
You must be mistaken me with someone else
But the only parts of "America" that are relevant to the BRF (if any) are the parts they reign, like Canada...

Royals in a monarchy do not have to rely on popularity with the people like politicians in democracies do(and judging by some election-shows of politicians around the world, i say "Thank God for that")

Imo most monarchies will last a long time yet, because the alternative is not much better...

just imo ofcourse
__________________
Wisdom begins in wonder - Socrates
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 04-02-2018, 08:46 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Burke, United States
Posts: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
You must be mistaken me with someone else
But the only parts of "America" that are relevant to the BRF (if any) are the parts they reign, like Canada...

Royals in a monarchy do not have to rely on popularity with the people like politicians in democracies do(and judging by some election-shows of politicians around the world, i say "Thank God for that")

Imo most monarchies will last a long time yet, because the alternative is not much better...

just imo ofcourse
I guess we agree to disagree. I believe the monarchy needs to retain its popularity.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 04-02-2018, 08:47 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Burke, United States
Posts: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
You stated some posts back that because King Felipe and Queen Letizia and their daughters had such a good image that they will be influential and popular, more so than the BRF in the future Now you say Leonor won't be Queen. Please make up your mind.

Incidentally, I think a big part of the BRF's public image is because of the English-speaking world- the realms and the powerful US media. If a royal family is not from an English speaking part of the world they are on the back foot unfortunately in those quarters.
Yes I believe that. Also I’m not ignorant to the fact that the Spanish monarchy is fragile and may not be around in the long term. I hope I am wrong though causeFelipe and Letizi is great.
That makes sense for the BRF.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 04-02-2018, 09:03 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty1224 View Post
I meant outside of GB and royal fan bubble.
Why would they want to be "famous or influential" outside GB? They enjoy a good deal of popularity in the US and in English speaking countries.. because they do share a language and so the media about them is accessible.. to Americans. I really am giving up as I don't quite follow your arguments.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 04-02-2018, 09:08 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Burke, United States
Posts: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Why would they want to be "famous or influential" outside GB? They enjoy a good deal of popularity in the US and in English speaking countries.. because they do share a language and so the media about them is accessible.. to Americans. I really am giving up as I don't quite follow your arguments.
My goodness many of you take my post out of context. Face it the monarchy already has influence and fame and the popularity. Also great for the country ect... if they didn’t have the popularity and respect in their own country it would be gone
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 04-02-2018, 09:16 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty1224 View Post
My goodness many of you take my post out of context. Face it the monarchy already has influence and fame and the popularity. Also great for the country ect... if they didn’t have the popularity and respect in their own country it would be gone
OK I really don't understand you. YOu say that the monarchy will lose its influence once the queen is gone.. which is to say the least dubious..
The queen is indeed much admired but she can't live forever and people know that she will be replaced..
unless you are saying that it will end, then once Eliz II dies, I'm not sure what you are saying...
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 04-02-2018, 09:31 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Burke, United States
Posts: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
OK I really don't understand you. YOu say that the monarchy will lose its influence once the queen is gone.. which is to say the least dubious..
The queen is indeed much admired but she can't live forever and people know that she will be replaced..
unless you are saying that it will end, then once Eliz II dies, I'm not sure what you are saying...
It will not end I hope not cause I love the monarchy but it will probably lose much of its significance and influence. My opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 04-02-2018, 10:02 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 5,920
People said exactly that about the monarchy in Britain when Victoria was nearing the end of her very long reign of over 63 years. There were grave fears about what sort of a monarch Edward VII would make and how the country would never be the same without her guiding hand. Yet the monarchy and its influence did survive, and we are now in the 21st century. It's natural at the end of a very long reign of a much admired monarch that people are apprehensive. However, as we saw with Victoria, it's generally without cause.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 04-02-2018, 10:04 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Burke, United States
Posts: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
People said exactly that about the monarchy in Britain when Victoria was nearing the end of her very long reign of over 63 years. There were grave fears about what sort of a monarch Edward VII would make and how the country would never be the same without her guiding hand. Yet the monarchy and its influence did survive, and we are now in the 21st century. It's natural at the end of a very long reign of a much admired monarch that people are apprehensive. However, as we saw with Victoria, it's generally without cause.
One mistakes I always did was look to the past to judge the future. You can’t do that always. Times change, people change. You can not simply flat out say thy will happen.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Members of the Royal Family RoyalProtocol British Royals 154 09-03-2018 04:04 PM
Princely House of Hohenzollern Furienna The Royal House of Prussia and Princely House of Hohenzollern 168 05-19-2018 11:31 AM
Royal Websites & Social Networking principessa Royal Life and Lifestyle 134 03-11-2018 04:12 PM




Popular Tags
baltic republics british royal family british royal history camilla china chris o'neill clothes cristina crown princess victoria current events duke of cambridge duke of york england family fashion general news gordon grand duke henri hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume hohenzollern infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia irene urdangarín iñaki urdangarín juan carlos kate middleton king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia meghan markle monaco monarchy news porphyria prince charles prince daniel prince gabriel prince harry prince harry of wales prince nicholas prince oscar princess beatrice princess claire princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess of asturias princess victoria queen elisabeth queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima royal royal ancestry royal geneology royal wedding sarah duchess of york state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family tom bower victoria wedding windsor windsor castle



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:30 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018
Jelsoft Enterprises