Godparents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HRH Prince Christian of Denmark:
Crown Prince Haakon of Norway
Crown Princess Mette Marit of Norway
HRH Prince Joachim of Denmark
Jane Stephens
Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden I Cant Remember the rest lol and its only been a few days now :)

It seems like Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden is Europe's godmother. Did I read right and is Camilla ex-husband the godfather of Peter Phillips?

Does anyone know who prince Joachim of Belgium godparents are

Andrew Parker-Bowles is a godfather to Peter's sister Zara. He is a close friend of both Princess Anne and her first husband Mark Phillips. I didn't realize how close the Phillips family was to the Parker-Bowles family. I turns out that Zara's father Mark knew him from when he served in the army and Princess Anne as known him for a long time as well.

Last edited:
I recently read on wikipedia that Pope Benedict XV was the godfather of Grand Duke Jean

aliocha said:
Does anyone know who prince Joachim of Belgium godparents are

Prince Nikolaus of Liechtenstein and Archduchess Isabella of Austria

Any guesses on the Danish Dutch and Spanish "2007Baby Bunch"

Royal Fan said:
HRH Prince Christian of Denmark:
Crown Prince Haakon of Norway
Crown Princess Mette Marit of Norway
HRH Prince Joachim of Denmark
Jane Stephens
Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden I Cant Remember the rest lol and its only been a few days now :)

Crown Prince Pavlos
Hamish Campbell
Jeppe Handwerk

Royal Fan said:
Any guesses on the Danish Dutch and Spanish "2007Baby Bunch"

Are we allowed to lightly speculate (all in good fun I mean)?

Oh well, I dont see any great harm in 'throwing around' a few possible godparents (hardly a discussion of 'critique' is it :flowers:)

I doubt we shall see any Swedes or Norwegians this time.

For the Danish Prince or Princess, perhaps...

Princess Laurentian
Grand Duchess Maria Theresa
John Donaldson Jnr
And the rest being friends of the Crown Princely couple

Last edited by a moderator:
ill Say
King Carl XVI Gustaf for the Danish child
Crown Prince Pavlos Of Greece for Felipes 2nd child
Queen Sonja of Norway for the new Dutch Child :p what do you think :)

am i right that we know the godparents to Infanta Sofia?

Yes, we do. The godmother is Paloma Rocasolano, Letizia's mother, and Prince Kostantin of Bulgaria, Prince of Vadin, a close friend of Crown Prince Felipe.

Is Prince Albert of Monaco godfather to any royal babies?

I not sure but he is godparents to some of his sisters kids

What about Ernst of Hannover sons?
Christian of Hannover and Ernst of Hannover Jr.

Okay so now we know that Mathilde is the god mother of Princess Isabella of Denmark. How many does that make for her? Two or three? I think Alexia of the Netherlands and Sverre of Norway (not sure about him).

She is kind of popular like Victoria of Sweden!

Okay so now we know that Mathilde is the god mother of Princess Isabella of Denmark. How many does that make for her? Two or three? I think Alexia of the Netherlands and Sverre of Norway (not sure about him).

She is kind of popular like Victoria of Sweden!

Princess Maxima is godmother to Sverre of Norway

According to a clip in the Court Circular (Times,) Davina's baptism took place at Barnwell Church on Febr 19, 1978. Her godparents included Mark Phillips (the then husband of Pss Anne), the Earl of Dalkeith. Lady Camoys Roger Wellesley Smith, Baroness Caroline Rosenorn and Mrs Michael Wigley.

Mrs. Michael Wigley is lady-in-waiting to HRH The Duchess of Gloucester.

The Earl of Dalkeith would be Lady Davina's third cousin, I think.

Is Baroness Caroline Rosenorn older sister to the Duchess of Gloucester? I have wanted to know if so for awhile!

Wonder who Edward and Sophie will pick this time and William and Henry in years to come. :) Thanks in Advance

Maybe the newly-or-soon-to-be married Peter Phillips will be godfather to the new Wessex baby. :flowers:

Just wondering if anybody knew the godparents for the children of Beatrice and Henry of Battenberg?

Alexander, Victoria Eugenie, Leopold, Maurice...

Godparents of the Royals

Do you know who is the godfather or godmother of who????

Even the grow-up´s....

For example: Who are the godparents of Cristina of Spain or Carl Philipp of Sweden?

Goodparents to Princess Cristina were: Infanta Maria Cristina of Spain and Alfonso, Duke of Anjou and Càdiz.

Goodparents to Prince Carl Philip were: Princess Birgitta of Sweden, Queen Margrethe of Denmark, Prince Leopold of Bavaria and Prince Bertil.

Goodparents to Princess Cristina were: Infanta Maria Cristina of Spain and Alfonso, Duke of Anjou and Càdiz.

Goodparents to Prince Carl Philip were: Princess Birgitta of Sweden, Queen Margrethe of Denmark, Prince Leopold of Bavaria and Prince Bertil.

Do have katholic´s only 2 godpeople?

Great thread, who are CP Haakon and Princess Martha-Louise Godparents? Does anyone have a list of who is the recent Godparents of I-A and Leo generation? I would love to see who has the most Godchildren.

Princess Cristina and her brother Prince Felipe have only 2 godparents, but I`m not sure about Princess Elena.

The Catholics have a godfather and a godmother, the godparents of Infanta Elena were her grandmother the Countess of Barcelona and Don Alfonso of Orleans and Borbón.

Great thread, who are CP Haakon and Princess Martha-Louise Godparents? Does anyone have a list of who is the recent Godparents of I-A and Leo generation? I would love to see who has the most Godchildren.

Haakon`s godparents: King Olav of Norway, Princess Astrid of Norway, Prince Carl Bernadotte, King Carl Gustav of Sweden, Queen Margrethe of Denmark and Princess Anne.

Märtha Louises`s godparents: King Olav of Norway, Princess Margarethe of Sweden, Count Flemming of Rosenborg, Princess Ragnhild of Norway, Dagny Haraldsen, Haakon Haraldsen, Nils Jørgen Astrup and Iimi Riddervold.

Which of the current crown princess have the most godchildren (particularly royal godchildren)?

I know Mette-Marit is Prince Christian's godmother but is she anyone else's?

I don't think Mary or Letizia have any royal godchildren ?

Thanks for the info

Back
Top Bottom