Future Royal Couples

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Ariane likes drawing :D I think it's wonderfull. I wonder if there is a boy with artistic skills

Examples:
Say Josephine and Jacques meet because their parents meet at some event and discover a shared interest for falling off horses. Back home they stay in touch via Skype, Instagram and what not and at some point Jacques is invited for a couple of weeks of summer holiday in Denmark. Where they ride and fall off ponies all day. And a few years later they fall in love and eventually figure out they are the ones. And in that way Josephine ends up in Monaco.

Or W&K come on an official visit to Denmark and bring along their children as part of the show. Here Charlotte meets Vincent. And he is just as gentle and sweet as she is. Wow! And Charlotte learns to appreciate yelling at cows. So Vincent is invited on holiday at Balmoral and here Charlotte and Vincent roam around shouting at sheep, that is when they are not picking flowers or listening to the latest whale-singing on YouTube together. And quietly Cupid is stringing his bow...

See? Plenty of matches. :p

Nice funny thread, Muhler.

And a sweet little post. It brought smiles on my lips ;)

a very funny thread :flowers:

Because i follow the Danes the most, I'm thinking of a Danish takeover via Frederik and Mary's kids.

Christian with one of the Dutch girls, Alexia or Arianne..(WA, Maxima and Frederik and Mary are good friends). Plus they seem like sweet and active girls.

Isabella with Sverre-Magnus, both high spirits that I think will tame each other lol .

Vincent, more quiet of the danish foursome but use to high spirited girls, with Estelle.

as we know, the CP of Denmark are very good friends with the CP couples of Norway and Sweden.

Now in this scenario, Ingrid-Alexandra has willing given up her right as heir, thus 3 of Frederik and Mary's kids would be reigning with their spouses Denmark, Norway and Sweden :D

I would pair Josephine with George, and them meeting in the polo fields ;)

and to the delight of Joachim; Nikolai with Amalia and Felix with Elizabeth of Belgium. :lol:

As Mary and Fred have become friendly with the Spanish family and the Children are visiting now we might look at possible matches that direction also.

I think some posters are taking this thread way too serious – as the title says, it's a thought experiment, a game – we're not predicting or implying that these things will actually happen, and I dare say we're all well aware that statistics show that dynastic marriages are well on their way out. I personally think it's a very interesting and entertaining thread :D

I'm not very good at matchmaking ;) but would like to add that there are many more youngsters in the european families, f.i.
Belgium
P.Laurent's children P.Louise, P.Aymeric, P.Nicolas
(and P.Astrid's youngest Laetitia Maria is born in 2003 so she could mix in too ;) )

Netherlands
P.Constantijn's children Eloise (2002), Claus-Casimir (2004) and Leonore (2006)
(and a whole bunch of Van Vollenhoven second-cousins)

i don't know their personalities well though..

On a more serious not though poor Hisahito is going to be forced to marry the younger the better whether he finds true love or not or it is game over. I have a feeling a suitable bride is going to be 'suggested' to him.

Indeed, as Archduchess Zelia points out. This thread is primarily for having fun. And in that context ludicrous examples can be used.

But let's look at probabilities.

Why do children of parents living in different countries meet and become friends?
A) Primarily because their parents are friends. - And -
B) The children are roughly similar in age. Plus/minus two or three years at most. - And -
C) The children are able to communicate and continue to communicate over the phone, Skype, Facebook and what not. - And -
D) The children have similar interests.

So let's take the Dutch royals, in particular Queen Maxima and King W-A and their three children.

A) Who are M&WA's personal friends in the royal circles?
B) Who among those friends have children of a similar age to M&WA's daughters.
C) Assuming that M&WA's daughters all speak Dutch, Spanish, and English to some extent. Whose children among the parents under B, can also speak at least one of these languages?
D) Apart from dressing alike and pretending to be triplets, what other interest do M&WA's daughters have that are shared with the children of their friends?
E) When in the Netherlands, who among the other children of the NLRF are likely to meet children of the friends of M&WA?

The more matches, the higher the probability of the children forming a close friendship. And the lower the age difference is between the boys and girls from a certain age, the steadier Cupid's aim is.

Example: M&F come visiting during a summer holiday and Alexia is watching Cristian playing soccer, he's a sporty lad you know. And she sighs: "Have you seen Chrisser move that ball?!? He's just so fast and strong and sweet and cool. - And his ears are so cute (teehee giggle)":wub::D:in_love:. - And poor Christian's ears are indeed strawberry colored whenever Alexia is around. And when his voice cracks Alexia giggles and he hates and loves it at the same time.
And thus Alexia will end up as queen of Denmark one day.

Ariane couldn't care less though, she's too busy drawing the 796th picture of Emmanuel of Belgium, whom she met at a visit to Belgium. Emmanuel is often in the Netherlands BTW, visiting her because drawing (matchstick figures) has always been his big passion... - that and smelling Ariane's hair.

Last edited:
Well, i'd say these guys know eachother privately too:
12-1_groepsfoto_oude_loo.jpg

And most have kids of the same age, so i'm seeing loads of possibilities ;)

The dutch 3-A's are very sporty, they like to ski, ride, judo and play hockey (fieldhockey, for you north-americans ;) ), so maybe a match with Sverre Magnus of the wintersport-loving norwegian RF would be nice for them

P.Alexia usually at the photoshoots comes across as the one who least like the attention, so i don't think being a queen is her thing, but P.Christian with P.Ariane would be a cute match

P.Gabriel of belgium seems a good natured, fun, but not overly extravert kid; i could see him match really well with either of the spanish princesses (and they have the same religion, which might be important to them)

The monaco twins for some reason i'd sooner think they'd find their friends more among the italian royals, if there are kids in those circles.

(and although imo they are a bit old for this matching game, but i think P.Nikolai of Denmark and P.Alexandra of Hannover would be really cute together)(also i think her mom wouldn't mind one bit if she got together with someone from one of the european royal houses ;) )

Last edited:
It would be great if princes marry princesses. Interroyal marriages solve two big PR problems:new relateves and "spare" princes / princesses.

Lets compare two scenarios:
a) Prince Nikolai marries a Jensen, prince Felix marries a Nielson. All Jensen and Nielsen brothers/sisters/uncle/aunts/etc. are target for the press: old and new scandals, interviews, pictures... And Nikolai, Felix and their wives-princesses try to find their place in buisness world and be royals at the same time.
b) Prince Nikolai is the prince-consort of queen Elisabeth of Belgians, prince Felix is the prince-consort of queen Ingrid. Both princes are carring out royals duties.

Another circle of "parents who know eachother" are the Duke/Duchess of Castro, danish P.Frederik and Mary and P.Laurent/Claire.
The duke's daughters P.Maria Carolina and P.Maria Chiara also attended the first holy communion of P.Laurent's twin-sons

I don't think the British royals are going to change their minds and all of a sudden start interacting with European royals. I can't imagine any of the British royal children spending enough time with their European peers to even get friendly let alone romantic. So, I see Prince George and Princess Charlotte each marrying a high-level aristo who is a child of their parents current circle of friends. Same with James and Louise.

I do like all the suggestions about the princesses and princes of the Belgium, Dutch, etc. royal families. I can see them marrying each other and having beautiful babies together. That would be fun to watch.

I can't imagine any sensible royal wanting their daughter to marry into the nutty Monaco family. Too much drama. Maybe Jacques could marry an American daughter of someone currently famous. Princess North West, anybody? Or maybe Diana Ross's new granddaughter, Princess Jaggar Snow. HA!

Maybe Jacques could marry an American daughter of someone currently famous. Princess North West, anybody? Or maybe Diana Ross's new granddaughter, Princess Jaggar Snow. HA!

P.Nori wouldn't be that bad as a princess, she is cute (yes, i rate my princesses on a cuteness-scale :lol:) and already seems to have a bit of a mind of her own and a happy person, but shudder to think the circus that her mom would bring into the mix....:eek:

...or worse....the grandmother....

Could you, just for the thought, imagine Q.Elizabeth II, then around 110 years old, get a visit from a twenty-something P.George telling her "i met this really great girl, her name is North, and i want you to meet her family" :lol:
This will be the epitomy of all "we are not amused" looks :lol:

Last edited:
North is cute as a button, I agree, and I'm quite certain she'll be absolutely gorgeous when she grows up – totally wouldn't mind if she married into some royal family. The various royal families also need more people of colour. Her family though... :eek: I think I'd be able to cope if Lucifer's homegirl *cough* I mean, Kris, was banned from every royal event but what are the odds that that would happen.

I think it would be fun if the Scandinavian royal families somehow became intertwined again. It's so lovely to see QMII, CG and Harald together knowing that they're cousins.

P.Nori wouldn't be that bad as a princess, she is cute (yes, i rate my princesses on a cuteness-scale :lol:) and already seems to have a bit of a mind of her own and a happy person, but shudder to think the circus that her mom would bring into the mix....:eek:

...or worse....the grandmother....

Could you, just for the thought, imagine Q.Elizabeth II, then around 110 years old, get a visit from a twenty-something P.George telling her "i met this really great girl, her name is North, and i want you to meet her family" :lol:
This will be the epitomy of all "we are not amused" looks :lol:

There's an idea for a sitcom! If this actually did happen, Her Majesty would probably be asking for smelling salts, for possibly the first, and last time. I don't even want to think of how Kanye, and Kim, and the rest of the nut cases would behave. Yikes...

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I think it would be fun if the Scandinavian royal families somehow became intertwined again. It's so lovely to see QMII, CG and Harald together knowing that they're cousins.

As we know years ago cousins would even be marriage-material, but even for just a thought experiment like this i have a hard time imagining f.i. P.Isabella marrying P.Felix of Denmark or P.Amalia of NL marrying her cousin Claus-Casimir... i mean....no... :lol:

P.Estelle with P.Vincent though, that would be a cute couple ;)

As we know years ago cousins would even be marriage-material, but even for just a thought experiment like this i have a hard time imagining f.i. P.Isabella marrying P.Felix of Denmark or P.Amalia of NL marrying her cousin Claus-Casimir... i mean....no... :lol:

P.Estelle with P.Vincent though, that would be a cute couple ;)

It is not possible that the Princess of Orange marries her cousin Claus-Casimir Count van Oranje-Nassau van Amsberg. At the moment the First Chamber (the Senate) is reading a Bill which forbids such unions. The Second Chamber (Lower House) has already approved it. (It is more a side-effect of attempts by the Government to fight "enforced marriages" of girls which happens in some ethnic communities in Dutch society).

Last edited:

Like in the Netherlands, to the best of my knowledge, Isabella and Felix wouldn't be allowed to marry here as they're first cousins and thus too closely related. Isabella and e.g. Sverre Magnus in Norway would though because it's a few generations since they last were close family – and it was a such intertwining between the Scandinavian royal families I'd love to see, not a first-cousin marriage which, I agree, is a bit :eek: – not to mention the fact that the DRF has living examples of how wrong first-cousin marriages can go (*cough* in Prince Knud's children) and thus presumably know it's best to avoid for that to happen :p :D

Like in the Netherlands, to the best of my knowledge, Isabella and Felix wouldn't be allowed to marry here as they're first cousins and thus too closely related. Isabella and e.g. Sverre Magnus in Norway would though because it's a few generations since they last were close family – and it was a such intertwining between the Scandinavian royal families I'd love to see, not a first-cousin marriage which, I agree, is a bit :eek: – not to mention the fact that the DRF has living examples of how wrong first-cousin marriages can go (*cough* in Prince Knud's children) and thus presumably know it's best to avoid for that to happen :p :D

What was wrong with Prince Knuds children. They may not have been the most attractive looking but it is hardly fair to judge them on that.

What was wrong with Prince Knuds children. They may not have been the most attractive looking but it is hardly fair to judge them on that.

I think it's because their mother, Princess Caroline-Mathilde, was their father's first cousin. First cousins is a bit too near in relations for a couple IMO.

Hmm, perhaps we should put up dating profiles. Simply to create an overview of the candidates.

Let me start with Christian (as I know him better than most other royal children).
Born 2005.
Destined to become king Christian XI, so he can't leave Denmark.
Religion: Lutheran. (That is mandatory as future head of the State Church).
Hair: Will probably end up as dark brown.
Eyes: Medium blue.
He seems to grow up to be a tall young man.
Athletic. Very interested in sports - probably very competitive as a result.
Soccer and calisthenics.
He can ride.

Is not at all shy.
Has a very outgoing personality and is willing and capable of approaching and chatting up all sorts of people, adults as well as children.
A sensible, caring and somewhat protective older brother. But can tease as well.
Seems generally good-natured and cheerful.

Bright. Do already have some experiencing with the press and not being too open with what he says.

Is de-facto bilingual Danish and English by now, perhaps some French as well.

- Now, who would be a suitable match for this magnificent specimen?

Danting profile.

Name: Nikolai. Prince to Denmark.
Born: 1999.
Looks: Dark brown hair and medium blue eyes, with slightly Asian facial features.
Tall and slim.

Very bright indeed. (According to the headmaster at the boarding school he attends. "He needs to be challenged intellectually" and that he will!)
Probably a thinker more than an active young man.
A very loving older brother. (Not all boys age fourteen wish to be photographed kissing a younger sister).
Languages: Bilingual Danish and English. Probably at least one more language to at least a competent level.

As son of a secondary royal he is likely to have to create a career for himself and basically only be a part-time royal occasionally and when the big show is on. He might also settle, and even be willing, to settle abroad.
Financially he is likely to be pretty well off, certainly when he is going to inherit a quarter of his father's fortune. We are talking at present at least a couple of million Dollars in inheritance.

Dating profile.

Name: Isabella, Princess to Denmark.
Born: 2007.
Looks: Medium blue eyes. Probably ending up with medium to dark brown hair.

Charming and sweet personality. Perhaps with a slight mischievous streak.
Is self-confident and not at all shy, on the contrary actually. Likes to perform. Don't mind being seen.
Very approachable. Probably spontaneous to a considerable degree. Cannot sit still. A physically expressive person.

Interests: Likes to dance. Can ride.
Languages: On the way to be or perhaps already bilingual, Danish and English.
Unless she marries and settles abroad, she and any husband she may have, will have a high-profile role within the DRF. (A Chris O'Neil option is not likely here IMO).

Closed for moderator review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom