The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-26-2017, 01:34 PM

Finances of the Young Royals

How do the young royals finance their lifestyles? Do they have trust funds or do they work?

Old 02-26-2017, 01:50 PM
Heir Apparent

The British royals have trust funds, some thanks to the queen mum. From accounts I have read, low estimates are around 20 million. Harry and William also have their money from Diana.

The three Swedish kids all have large portfolios of stocks and investments. Madeleine. The king also seems to share some of his annuity with the two younger, as Victoria gets her own.

But many of the monarchies encourage younger children to work as wel. And with the heirs of defunct thrones, that is even more common.

Some jobs:

Britain:
-Eugenie works for an art gallery
-Peter works in marketing
-Zara is an equestrian and spokeswoman

Luxembourg
-Felix and Claire run her family winery
-Louis works in corporate social responsibility

Monaco
-Charlotte is equestrian, spokes model and sometimes journalist
-piere works for his father's business

Others
-princess mako is an university museum researcher
-Philippos is a hedge fund analyst
-Theodora is an actress
-Amadeo works as a management consultant in New York

If you go older, or further from the throne you will find many more examples.

Among the aristocracy, like the defunct thrones, you will find even heirs work.

-the current duke of Westminster worked in bio fuel prior to his dad dying. One of his sisters works in prison reform
-duke of Northumberland (owns hog warts) his heir George works in thermal energy. His daughters are a gunsmith and tennis pro
- the duke of Wellington, his eldest son is a banker. One of his daughters, the one married Tatiana santo domingos uncle is a producer in the studio of Mario Testino

Old 02-26-2017, 02:30 PM
Serene Highness

The children of the King of Sweden, Victoria, Madeline and CP all have a company that invests in stocks and shares for them. They receive income from this, Victoria also receives an allowance of her own while CP and Madeleine get something from the King for all their work.

The grandchildren of Queen Elizabeth II all have access to Trust Funds, most set up by the late Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother. It was said in 1994 she placed £19million into a trust fund for her great grandchildren (not including The Wessex children who were not born at that point). https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2002/...ther.monarchy2

Then there is anything the Queen has put in place for them, I suspect other Trust funds have been set up for them. We know when Sarah Ferguson divorced Prince Andrew £1.4million was put in a trust fund for Beatrice and Eugenie so I imagine similar amounts must have been put away for her other grandchildren (with possibly the exception of William). It has also been said that Sunningdale House was eventually owned before it was sold, by a trust Fund set up for Beatrice and Eugenie. I've also read that Gatcombe Park or at least the farm house Captain Mark Phillips lived in is owned by a Trust Fund in Zara and Peter's names. All in all none of the Queen's grandchildren are going to be stuck for cash anytime soon.

I suspect most young royals are lucky to have some sort of trust fund set up for them. Even a small amount of money or assets invested by parents or grandparents when they are born will provide at least a small nest egg for their future life. However it is also worth noting that some royal families, such as the Danish Royals, do not have substantial assets of their own to create such funds with. I also suspect most younger royals are lucky enough to receive some sort of allowance from their parents, especially if their parent in the Sovereign or Head of the House.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:48 AM
Aristocracy

What is the name of the tennis pro daughter of the Duke of Northumberland? I follow tennis and am curious. Also, what name does Theodora act under and has she done anything notable? Thanks.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
I suspect most young royals are lucky to have some sort of trust fund set up for them. Even a small amount of money or assets invested by parents or grandparents when they are born will provide at least a small nest egg for their future life. However it is also worth noting that some royal families, such as the Danish Royals, do not have substantial assets of their own to create such funds with. .

I don't think there is much information available about the private finances of the Danish royal family. It is unfortunate IMHO that Prince Joachim is a state-funded full-time working royal as that precludes him from having a career in the private sector, which, in the long run, would be better to build up assets for his children.
Old 02-27-2017, 10:34 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I don't think there is much information available about the private finances of the Danish royal family. It is unfortunate IMHO that Prince Joachim is a state-funded full-time working royal as that precludes him from having a career in the private sector, which, in the long run, would be better to build up assets for his children.
Full-time working royal...Joachim??
I think he has plenty of assets for his children already.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:40 AM
Majesty

Joachim is a man in bonus since the sale of Shackenborg Estate.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mslewis View Post
What is the name of the tennis pro daughter of the Duke of Northumberland? I follow tennis and am curious. Also, what name does Theodora act under and has she done anything notable? Thanks.
Tennis pro not professional tennis player. The term refers to someone who coaches. It's used in multiple sports. Lady Melissa Percy, a good friend of pippa.

She did play, but not very successful.
http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/pla...erid=100033392

Theodora has been on the American soap opera 'The bold and the beautiful' for six years now. A minor roll but pretty regular, she plays Allison, the personal assistant to one of the top characters. She acts under Theodora Greece,
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3576837/
Old 02-27-2017, 01:15 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Tennis pro not professional tennis player. The term refers to someone who coaches. It's used in multiple sports. Lady Melissa Percy, a good friend of pippa.

She did play, but not very successful.
http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/pla...erid=100033392

Theodora has been on the American soap opera 'The bold and the beautiful' for six years now. A minor roll but pretty regular, she plays Allison, the personal assistant to one of the top characters. She acts under Theodora Greece,
Theodora Greece - IMDb
Thanks for the info. I've never seen that Soap but I might take a look, out of curiosity.

I knew, but forgot, about Melissa Percy. I was thinking about a player not coach.