The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-20-2005, 04:16 PM
Gentry

Angry Fighting Royals

I know that most royals houses are related through family or are close knitted friends and get along well with each other... But I wanted to know if there are any royal members that don't get along with each other for example Prince of Wales and Princess Micheal..... have there also being fights among royals like the 2 Italian cousins who fought at Felipe's wedding...

All royals are pretty tight and they don't diss about each other ..and any news would be hard to find...except for divorce..... so if any one has any news about this please mention it below.... and if it also gossip just mention it to...

thanks Q

Old 01-20-2005, 05:35 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

I think that King Juan Carlos of Spain and Prince Philipe od Edinburg don't like each other very much. I read that Prince Philip called him "Idiot" in a royal dinner. The cause?? Gibraltar!!

Old 01-20-2005, 05:43 PM
Royal Highness

Also Princesses Stephanie and Caroline
Old 01-20-2005, 08:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina
I think that King Juan Carlos of Spain and Prince Philipe od Edinburg don't like each other very much. I read that Prince Philip called him "Idiot" in a royal dinner. The cause?? Gibraltar!!
Knowing about prince Philip´s slips, one has to wonder, if he likes anyone! Or if he likes everyone, but doesn´t show that
Old 01-20-2005, 10:09 PM
Courtier

At the wedding of Felipe and Letizia, Prince Vittorio Emanuele of Savoy and the other claimant to the Italian throne, I'm not sure who, had a fist fight. One was knocked down and caught by Queen Anne-Marie of Greece.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybags
At the wedding of Felipe and Letizia, Prince Vittorio Emanuele of Savoy and the other claimant to the Italian throne, I'm not sure who, had a fist fight. One was knocked down and caught by Queen Anne-Marie of Greece.

LOL...I didn't know the Italian royals were acting like fools at Letizia and Felipe's wedding. And then to be caught by the Queen of Greece....See, some people you just can't take out in public and expect them to act right.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:27 PM
Courtier

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
Also Princesses Stephanie and Caroline
It's just probably sibling rivalry. Lord knows my three sisters and I got into it when we were younger. We still get on each other's nerves but we know we love each other.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommone
LOL...I didn't know the Italian royals were acting like fools at Letizia and Felipe's wedding. And then to be caught by the Queen of Greece....See, some people you just can't take out in public and expect them to act right.
They weren't "caught" by Queen Anne Marie in the sense that they were fighting off in a corner and she "caught" them. The one royal (not Victor, Emmanuel's father) actually fell into Queen Anne Marie's arms after Victor (Emmanuel's father) punched him. Queen Anne Marie was kind enough to assist and apply an ice pack.

All in all not a very good situation no matter how you look at it.

Prince Charles and Prince Edward have apparently had several riffs in the past, most notably when Prince Edward was still actively working at his Advent film company and the company (although not Edward directly) were caught filming Prince William at school. Charles was none too pleased about that one.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
They weren't "caught" by Queen Anne Marie in the sense that they were fighting off in a corner and she "caught" them. The one royal (not Victor, Emmanuel's father) actually fell into Queen Anne Marie's arms after Victor (Emmanuel's father) punched him.

Thanks for the explanation Alexandria, but I was thinking that QAM caught him in her arms instead of the other caught. Why were they fighting in the first place?
Old 01-20-2005, 11:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommone
Thanks for the explanation Alexandria, but I was thinking that QAM caught him in her arms instead of the other caught. Why were they fighting in the first place?
Sorry for misunderstanding your post sommone; you had it right originally!

There is a thread or at least some posts about the fight but I can't seem to find them. They were originally in the Felipe and Letizia sub forum; maybe someone else can help out?
Old 01-21-2005, 12:20 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina
was this a recent incident??
Old 01-21-2005, 12:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
Sorry for misunderstanding your post sommone; you had it right originally!

There is a thread or at least some posts about the fight but I can't seem to find them. They were originally in the Felipe and Letizia sub forum; maybe someone else can help out?
No problem, Alexandria.:) I wonder if it could be found under the Italian thread?
Old 01-21-2005, 12:37 AM
Serene Highness

boy, all these stories makes me feel like i'm at a family reunion :p
Old 01-21-2005, 02:08 AM
Courtier

well, it goes to show you that royals are human too and that they are and act no differently from "normal" ppl. hehehe. plus it goes to show you that families, royal and common alike, are pretty much the same.
Old 01-21-2005, 02:13 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
I rather doubt that Mary, Queen of Scots and Elizabeth I were really close either...
Old 01-21-2005, 04:30 AM
Nobility

I think the Royals who fight during CP Felipe and Letizia Wedding were Prince Vittorio Emmanuele (Emmanuele Filiberto's father) and his cousen the Duke Aimone (or Amedeo, I don't remember) of Aosta. The cause: the two are pretendents to be "a possible" new King for Italy.

I hope you understand :)
Old 01-21-2005, 04:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ally_cooper
I think the Royals who fight during CP Felipe and Letizia Wedding were Prince Vittorio Emmanuele (Emmanuele Filiberto's father) and his cousen the Duke Aimone (or Amedeo, I don't remember) of Aosta. The cause: the two are pretendents to be "a possible" new King for Italy.

I hope you understand :)
Thanks for the info, ally.:)
Old 01-21-2005, 10:16 AM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens
was this a recent incident??
I think this happend 10/15 years ago. :)
Other Royals who didn't like eachother very much was the late Grand Duchesse Josephine Charlotte and Maria Teresa.
Old 01-21-2005, 12:25 PM
Gentry

scandinavian royals

what about the scandinavian royals they seem to get along with each other since they are family but what about with other royals??
Old 01-21-2005, 03:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens
what about the scandinavian royals they seem to get along with each other since they are family but what about with other royals??
I have heard that Prince Henrik and Prince Richard did not had the very best relationship but it has been improve since Prince Richard cancer disease are gone.