The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-23-2007, 05:27 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

[quote=CasiraghiTrio;656161]
Quote:
Caroline fights them too, though, not with her fists but instead using legal means. Poor Ernstie didn't really have a problem with paparazzi until he got involved with Caroline, but obviously he adores her, so he puts up with whatever.
Very famous was the "umbrella" story, it gave Ernst-August the nickname "Pruegelprinz" (beat-up prince), just the beginning of further major clashs not only with paparazzi but also with authorities.

The Specator, January 1998
A princely clash with a cameraman inspires Andrew Gimson to trace the earlier history of the House of Hanover
PRINCE Ernst August of Hanover, descendant of British kings and German emperors, recently hit a cameraman with an umbrella. He was returning home after midnight with Princess Caroline of Monaco from a charity gala, and found the man waiting outside his gates. The prince was roughly treated in the popular German media for this outburst, especially on a vulgar television show called Blitz, which again and again showed a clip of him storming towards the cameraman.

Old 08-23-2007, 06:12 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Caroline fights them too, though, not with her fists but instead using legal means.
And how!

The European Court ruling in the case Von Hannover vs Germany rocked the media-world. In a judgment delivered on 24 June 2004 the Court held that there had been a violation of Princess Caroline's rights. It found that the domestic (German) courts had failed effectively to protect Princess Caroline's private life against interferences resulting from the publication by various German magazines of photos of the Princess and/or her family in her daily life.

Also in France, Germany, the Netherlands and other countries celebrities have succeed in lawsuits against media who have pictured them in private without their express permission, referring to Princess Caroline's victory.

Thát was an uppercut by Caroline!

Old 08-23-2007, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
Thanks for the pic CasiraghiTrio .

I found this on Corbis. Interesting ... Corbis: photography, rights, assignment, motion.
The man in the center who is looking away is Arthur Edwards! I am not surprised he is quick to point out he is a "respected" photographer. He gets along with the royal family quite famously, it seems. Diana liked him, which always surprised me because he was the one to get the "first" photos of her and Charles together at Balmoral (the time Diana used her compact to blind him in the sun), and he got the photos of their Eleuthera holiday, with Diana pregnant with Prince William! But the whole family, at least the Waleses, always liked him. William was quite polite to him at the Klosters press call in 1994 or 1995, and then several years later, William declared that Arthur's picture of Wills with the Queen Mother was his (William's) favorite picture! Also, Arthur was the Honored One Chosen to cover the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall's tour of the Middle East this year.

Duke of Marmalade, I didn't know about the "Pruegelprinz" incident. I always remember, however, the Hanover Expo peeing incident, and of course the time he broke the rib cage of the hotel owner in Kenya!

Henri M, you are so right, that Princess Caroline is one fine classy dame! When she does it, she does it with style, ey?!
Old 08-23-2007, 09:16 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Duke of Marmalade, I didn't know about the "Pruegelprinz" incident. I always remember, however, the Hanover Expo peeing incident, and of course the time he broke the rib cage of the hotel owner in Kenya!
Oh yes, that was a famous one. As the whole thing was caught on camera, it became the basis for a computer game "beat up the prince" or something where you had to hit as many Ernst Augusts with an umbrella in a certain time frame hilarious!

Further, apart from beating up several photographers (either done by himself or his notorious bodyguards) he kicked a female (!!!) photographer in Salzburg and assaulted a police officer at a traffic checkpoint (how dare you to check me a*****e).

He is much better behaving these days, I am not too much into the issue but I think in general EA changed very much and not for the better under the influence of alcohol, something he seems to be much more in control of.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
He is much better behaving these days, I am not too much into the issue but I think in general EA changed very much and not for the better under the influence of alcohol, something he seems to be much more in control of.
Oh yes, very true, I remember well the brilliant Telegraph article around the time of the Marienberg auctions, when he discussed his maturation. He said that the birth of his daughter woke him up to his vices and inspired him to address the drinking problem. But I believe he also said it took years even then of struggle, and often he gave in to the temptation, until finally his 2005 hospitalization was the last straw.

About his old behavior, though, I am remembering now the time he shouted abuses at a German photographer on the phone (not so bad as the kicking, but still, very undignified!) As you say, there seems to be a happy ending to it all, and he is a much better, calmer person of late.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:08 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
About his old behavior, though, I am remembering now the time he shouted abuses at a German photographer on the phone (not so bad as the kicking, but still, very undignified!) As you say, there seems to be a happy ending to it all, and he is a much better, calmer person of late.
Oh yes, how could I forget that. It wasn't a photographer but the leading - again, female - editor of the BILD newspaper, not a good idea as for them it was like Xmas and Easter on the same day Of course they taped everything, published it, went to court and - won, what a surprise. EA had to apologize to BILD, very embarrassing
Old 08-26-2007, 10:48 AM

Lady Diana Spencer's foretaste of many stalker years to come (from Bunte website)
Old 08-26-2007, 02:29 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Here is the loading-dock picture I mentioned before. From Rex, caption says 1994
That picture was taken in August, 1994.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:54 PM
Royal Highness

Does anyone have the picture of Martha Louise flipping the paparazzi off?
Old 08-26-2007, 09:09 PM
Gentry

If you go to this group and join, and go to files you should see a file that says "Andrea Video" its a video of Andrea Casiraghi getting very very angry at the paparazzi
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AndreaPierre/files/
Old 08-27-2007, 07:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
ninemsn Video

Video of Diana and the paparazzi

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 08-27-2007, 09:43 AM

This photo and article on TheTruth's blog is appropos to this discussion. Diana seems more than a little angry here.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

That's what was waiting Diana after going to the gym ...

ImageShack - Hosting :: 0000300100006yw7.jpg

Because it matters...
Old 08-28-2007, 11:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Some pictures taken in August 1997. I saw a documentary on her relations with the press. According to a paparazzi who was on the boat, she was asking the phographers why they were there. One of them told her :'Because you're here'. Her answer was : 'You'll see, I'm going to impress you !' and she left with tears in her eyes. I think it was the last time she talked to them, face to face.

ImageShack - Hosting :: 0000330464010ly7.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: 0000330464011bs9.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: 0000330464012hb4.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: 0000330464013dj0.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: 0000330464014jt8.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: 0000330464019qr9.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: 0000330464020wk8.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: 0000330464021vu4.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: 0000330464022cp6.jpg

Because it matters...
Old 08-28-2007, 12:49 PM
Aristocracy

And I thought celebrities had problems with the paparazzi!

Philip Elmer-Dewitt, in Time Magazine
Old 08-29-2007, 02:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Apparently having a hard time to walk through the mass of paparazzi :
ImageShack - Hosting :: 13qv9.jpg

Because it matters...
Old 08-29-2007, 09:43 PM
Courtier
Picture of the Month Representative - The Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verde Esmeralda View Post
Do you think you can get those pictures and post them, planetcher? That would be very interesting! Thanks!
Once they had a fight with some argentinian paparazzis outside the Zorreguieta's appartement... but I can't find pics from that moment
Old 08-30-2007, 01:24 PM
Nobility

Andrea's beaten up some photographer in Rome couple of years ago.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:54 PM
Royal Highness

Any other royals who don't like each other?
Old 08-31-2007, 11:15 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Maxima View Post
Once they had a fight with some argentinian paparazzis outside the Zorreguieta's appartement... but I can't find pics from that moment
I already found them! Follow this link

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f48/willem-alexander-maxima-news-pictures-august-september-2004-a-3147-4.html

and scroll down to post #104 (originally posted by The Watcher)

In these pictures, we can see Máxima & Willem Alexander, quite annoyed at papparazzis that were waiting for the Princess outside the supermarket and her parent's appartment.

BTW...did Máxima REALLY need to shop dressed like that (completely in red)? You don't need a disguise, but maybe something not so attention-captivating??