The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-24-2007, 07:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetcher
I thought I remember seeing photos of Maxima and Alexander fighting with paparazzi.
Do you think you can get those pictures and post them, planetcher? That would be very interesting! Thanks!

Old 01-25-2007, 06:08 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I don' t think Maxima ever had a fight, as far as I know she just puts a hand in front of her face or in the direction of the camera, especially bfore she was engaged. But in overall Maxima is rather polite to photoraphers.

Her husband once had a fight with a photographer on Schiphol airport. I believe he was still in his early 20-ties then and his girlfriend was there to (Yolande Adriaanse if I am not mistaken). As a child he and his brothers sometimes had fun shooting elastics to photographers, or even kicking a fooball towards them. Beatrix had to reprmand them in public then, which was rather embarrasing for her.

Old 01-25-2007, 06:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

When Maxima and Willem-Alexander were in Australia last year, they had an incident with the media. The media was asking how they were enjoying their stay and WA replied "It's private, leave us alone" or something like that. Then the media shouted "Don't come back!" while the car drove away.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:00 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Well, one reporter asked that to them (in New Zealand I believe). The reporter was stalking the couple in their hotel and was asked several times to leave, which he didn' t. So when he asked the Prince if he was enjoying his stay, while he ruined it a bit, the prince gave this reply. Not vry diplomatic but understandable from his side (though not clever). There was one man in the public who said ' Don' t come back', but he obviously didn't know why the Prince was angry with this reporter.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:21 PM
Courtier

Is there any video footage or articles on this? Thanks!
Old 03-01-2007, 07:04 PM
Gentry

I was reading on Hello! about the feuding Italians. I guess physically fighting wasn't enough now they're taking they're fight to court! Italy's royal cousins begin legal battle over titles
Old 06-03-2007, 05:55 PM
Royal Highness

In Kitty Kelly's book The Royals (a great book, but I'm not sure how reputable it is! ) says that Diana and Anne couldn't stand each other. Charles wanted Anne to be a godmother to the boys, and each time he asked Diana refused to let her, and that made Anne very angry. Diana kept saying Anne was Philip in drag, and Anne said that Diana was too gooey about children.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:29 PM
Commoner

I wouldn't give Kitty Kelley any credibility for anything!
Old 06-04-2007, 05:15 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1
In Kitty Kelly's book The Royals (a great book, but I'm not sure how reputable it is! ) says that Diana and Anne couldn't stand each other. Charles wanted Anne to be a godmother to the boys, and each time he asked Diana refused to let her, and that made Anne very angry. Diana kept saying Anne was Philip in drag, and Anne said that Diana was too gooey about children.
I didn't read this from that book, but it was once stated that the reason Anne didn't attend Harry's christening was because she was angry that Diana had never asked her to be godmother. Of course this could just be another made up story by the press. We know how much they love a good royal feud!
Old 06-04-2007, 05:22 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
I rather doubt that Mary, Queen of Scots and Elizabeth I were really close either...
i heard that they probably never met in their lives and that in fact they weren't as annoyed with each other as the people thought them to be. after all they were cousins. i have the impression it was the "marketing" of that time and the traditional fighting between them for the throne: they obviously had to look as if they were annoyed at each other to lead up the people who were supporting both of them, but apparently elizabeth didn't wish to kill mary and preferred her to be a prisoner rather, but did so because the people wanted her to.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-09-2007, 04:29 PM
Royal Highness

I've heard about Ernst-Auguste and the paparazzi- who hasn't! And Harry also has a long and unhappy relationship with them, as did his mother.

I heard about Martha-Louise giving the finger. Does anybody have a photo of that?
Old 08-21-2007, 03:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Well, one reporter asked that to them (in New Zealand I believe). The reporter was stalking the couple in their hotel and was asked several times to leave, which he didn' t. So when he asked the Prince if he was enjoying his stay, while he ruined it a bit, the prince gave this reply. Not vry diplomatic but understandable from his side (though not clever). There was one man in the public who said ' Don' t come back', but he obviously didn't know why the Prince was angry with this reporter.
Additionaly, I have this extract from Dutchnews.nl, on a 'unfriendly reply' that W-A gave New Zealand reporters:

DutchNews.nl - Crown prince upsets Kiwis

Has anyone ever listened to the audio, or have a link to it? Thanks!
Old 08-21-2007, 05:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Pictures of Diana trying to escape or coping with them. Only a few pics of many, perhaps too many others :
ImageShack - Hosting :: 4c121ao4.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: 3112le5.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: 102px6.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: 0112du2.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: 9000043531001mh2.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: 9000043531002km1.jpg (This one is quite terrible, there are 3 and one is already on the window of the car ...)
ImageShack - Hosting :: 9000043531003pt3.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: 0000294881002ay4.jpg

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 08-21-2007, 11:28 PM

I have seen a photo of Diana where she tries to evade waiting paparazzi as she leaves the Chelsea Harbour Club by going out the back up through the loading dock. She jumps from the loading dock and I guess she ran around the building to her car. It was completely no use because the photographers took pics of her both jumping off the dock and fast-walking to her car.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
I have seen a photo of Diana where she tries to evade waiting paparazzi as she leaves the Chelsea Harbour Club by going out the back up through the loading dock. She jumps from the loading dock and I guess she ran around the building to her car. It was completely no use because the photographers took pics of her both jumping off the dock and fast-walking to her car.
Yeah, they would always find her. It's in 1995 that they became more aggressive with her. Before, when she asked that they leave her just a few minutes so that she could do something, some paparazzi would. It was a sort of a deal. But in 1995, after the Panorama interview and all the press that was making so much money on her, they didn't let her breath for one seconde. She should have seen this when thinking that the paparazzi would leave her alone after taking pictures in St Tropez, on holidays.

Because it matters...
Old 08-22-2007, 09:31 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalian View Post
Prince Ernst August aways fight with paparazzi....itīs almost daily ...hehee
He is the first one who came to my mind as he intents to take the word "fight" literally, meaning physically abusing or beating up paparazzi. He was involved in countless lawsuits but has become much calmer lately, maybe due to Caroline's good influence or due to the life threatening illness he went through.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
He is the first one who came to my mind as he intents to take the word "fight" literally, meaning physically abusing or beating up paparazzi. He was involved in countless lawsuits but has become much calmer lately, maybe due to Caroline's good influence or due to the life threatening illness he went through.
Caroline fights them too, though, not with her fists but instead using legal means. Poor Ernstie didn't really have a problem with paparazzi until he got involved with Caroline, but obviously he adores her, so he puts up with whatever.

I think Diana and Caroline and Sarah Ferguson were among the first royals to truly suffer by the, shall I say, New Age paparazzi. I think the late 80s/early 90s saw the paparazzi becoming the child of the monster it is today.

TheTruth, I recall reading in Andrew Morton's Diana: Her New Life that the paparazzi were somewhat respectful to Diana until the divorce went through, by which time they dropped the royal reverence and treated her like any common celebrity. Do you think that is somewhat true?
Old 08-22-2007, 06:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post

TheTruth, I recall reading in Andrew Morton's Diana: Her New Life that the paparazzi were somewhat respectful to Diana until the divorce went through, by which time they dropped the royal reverence and treated her like any common celebrity. Do you think that is somewhat true?
Yes I think also. A hell of a lot of money could be made of each picture so when there were no more police protection or HRH in front of her name, they just enjoyed themselves so to speak. Nobody could provide them of taking photos and as the law in the UK is really more flexible than in other countries, they could do practically everything they wanted. In France you have the right of image. You can sue a newspaper that has published a private photo of you. In the US, the paparazzi can't follow a famous person in a public place (airports, supermarkets, etc.) so it leaves a little more space to the celebrity. That's perhaps why Diana once talked about moving there, with also the advantage of not being the only 'attraction'. I believe she would have been more respected in the US.

Because it matters...
Old 08-22-2007, 08:07 PM

Here is the loading-dock picture I mentioned before. From Rex, caption says 1994
Old 08-23-2007, 04:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for the pic CasiraghiTrio .

I found this on Corbis. Interesting ... Corbis: photography, rights, assignment, motion.

Because it matters...