Fighting Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some pictures taken in August 1997. I saw a documentary on her relations with the press. According to a paparazzi who was on the boat, she was asking the phographers why they were there. One of them told her :'Because you're here'. Her answer was : 'You'll see, I'm going to impress you !' and she left with tears in her eyes. I think it was the last time she talked to them, face to face.

ImageShack - Hosting :: 0000330464010ly7.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: 0000330464011bs9.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: 0000330464012hb4.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: 0000330464013dj0.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: 0000330464014jt8.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: 0000330464019qr9.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: 0000330464020wk8.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: 0000330464021vu4.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: 0000330464022cp6.jpg

Last edited:
And I thought celebrities had problems with the paparazzi!

Do you think you can get those pictures and post them, planetcher? That would be very interesting! Thanks!:flowers:

Once they had a fight with some argentinian paparazzis outside the Zorreguieta's appartement... but I can't find pics from that moment

Andrea's beaten up some photographer in Rome couple of years ago.

Any other royals who don't like each other?

Once they had a fight with some argentinian paparazzis outside the Zorreguieta's appartement... but I can't find pics from that moment

I already found them! Follow this link

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f48/willem-alexander-maxima-news-pictures-august-september-2004-a-3147-4.html

and scroll down to post #104 (originally posted by The Watcher)

In these pictures, we can see Máxima & Willem Alexander, quite annoyed at papparazzis that were waiting for the Princess outside the supermarket and her parent's appartment.

BTW...did Máxima REALLY need to shop dressed like that (completely in red)? You don't need a disguise, but maybe something not so attention-captivating?? :rolleyes:

what about Prince Fredrick and his father prince Henrik?I heard they are not getting well with each other.

also,Q.Elizabeth11 doesn't like Q.Selvia of sweeden.she wanted king Carl Gustav to marry her dauther Anne.
Anne Marie and Carl-Gustaf are cousins! Her mother and his father were siblings! That's insane!

Anne Marie and Carl-Gustaf are cousins! Her mother and his father were siblings! That's insane!
You are mistaking Anne Marie princess of Denmark, deposed consort of Greece, daughter of QIngrid, to Princess Anne of Great Britain, daughter of Queen Elizabeth of UK. the whole thing is just a rumour that QEII wanted Anne to marry CarlG of Sweden, nothing has been proven!

You are mistaking Anne Marie princess of Denmark, deposed consort of Greece, daughter of QIngrid, to Princess Anne of Great Britain, daughter of Queen Elizabeth of UK. the whole thing is just a rumour that QEII wanted Anne to marry CarlG of Sweden, nothing has been proven!
Oh I am sorry! :bang:

Any other royals who don't like each other?

I hope it hasn't been posted yet. But I've heard that Infanta Elena of Spain doesn't like Princess Letizia, also that Infanta Cristina doesn't, but is Elena who dislike more about her brother's wife.

(Sorry bc of my english, I'm not a great writer in tha language)

I believe that Infanta Elena is friendly with Letizia and it is Cristina who is not on very friendly terms with her sister-in-law.

The Earl of Wessex and the Prince of Wales

They fight over what?
I always knew that Anne didn't get along with Diana or Sarah because she did not think they were doing their job properly. I can see where she's coming from.

I'm guessing over the whole St. Andrews filming thing. Plus when you look at it there is such a huge age gap between the two that there isn't a lot of common interest between them. While watching "The Royal Family at Work" I heard Charles say point blank that being sixteen years older than Edward was like "being another father".

I'm guessing over the whole St. Andrews filming thing. Plus when you look at it there is such a huge age gap between the two that there isn't a lot of common interest between them. While watching "The Royal Family at Work" I heard Charles say point blank that being sixteen years older than Edward was like "being another father".

I suppose, in the latest William and Harry book it talks about the incident, but to continue fighting over it?
Well if he thinks he's another father than he's been brought up in one hell of a strange way. Sixteen years is nothing, my brother is 40 next year and i'm 17, that's a proper age gap.

I suppose, in the latest William and Harry book it talks about the incident, but to continue fighting over it?
Well if he thinks he's another father than he's been brought up in one hell of a strange way. Sixteen years is nothing, my brother is 40 next year and i'm 17, that's a proper age gap.

That's what I thought when he said it. The video is on youtube. I believe he was talking to a women who was expecting her child 18 years after he eldest one had been born and that's how it was brought up. Here is the video: YouTube - Monarchy The Royal Family at Work Part 4 of 7 he says it within the first two minutes.

Imo, Charles's sentence doesn't necessarily mean that he's fighting with his brother, at all, nor that it is an annoying thing for him. Maybe they aren't very close due to the big age gap, but this is a rather different thing than being in bad terms.

Imo, Charles's sentence doesn't necessarily mean that he's fighting with his brother, at all, nor that it is an annoying thing for him. Maybe they aren't very close due to the big age gap, but this is a rather different thing than being in bad terms.

Yeah, I know that. My thinking was (and from my own experience), it's easier to be angry and disagree with someone that you are not that close to than someone you are. If Charles and Edward were closer I don't think that the St. Andrew's filming thing would have gotten so far out of proportion and maybe Charles would have even backed up Prince Edward. I don't know, I could just be reading to deep into things (which I tend to do).

Yeah, I know that. My thinking was (and from my own experience), it's easier to be angry and disagree with someone that you are not that close to than someone you are.
Yes, I agree; but honestly can we say that they're in bad terms and/or fighting just because Charles once said that he felt like being another father for Edward?

:flowers:
I believe that Infanta Elena is friendly with Letizia and it is Cristina who is not on very friendly terms with her sister-in-law.

I've been reading what Jaime Peñafiel writed in 2009 I believe, I said that, apparently the onli person in the SRF who likes Letizia (or tries to) Is HM Queen Sofia. And HM King Juan Carlos just Shut up because they can't do anything about it.

IMHO, Infanta Elena seems to be more "conservative" (that's how I should write it? ... sorry :unsure:) then Infanta Cristina. But well... is just an opinion :flowers:. Again I apologise because of my english.

Have a Great Day :)

It's always been said that Elena was more like her father, extrovert, funny and getting along with everybody, so it's reasonable to think she would have the best relationship with Letizia. The gossip I've always heard is that Letizia and Cristina don't have a good relationship.
Jaime Peñafiel is a journalist who worked with the royal family for many years, but they had a falling out and since then Peñafiel writes negative things about them, above all Letizia. He hates her because she was a "commoner".
Ok, I just googled Peñafiel problem with the royal family:
Apparently, when he was no longer working with them he learned his daughter was a drug-addict and asked for an audience with the Queen(What was the Queen supposed to do?Magically "cure" his daughter?)
He wasn't granted one. His daughter died and he recieved a phone call from the King. After this he wrote a letter to the Queen in which he said(among other things, I'm sure) that she may be Queen of Spain, but she wasn't his Queen.
After this letter they never had contact again, now he writes negative articles about them, often "speaking" directly to the queen or writting open letters in his weekly column to her.
What I meant is that I would not believe everything he says about the SRF, above all Letizia, because he has already said some things about her as if they were the absolute thruth that turned out to be lies.
(For example he wrote at the beginning of Letizia's marriage how she was receiving fertility treatments in a clinic and the clinic denied it later etc...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Letizia vs. her Sisters in law

Dear AnaC, I know Peñafiel's story with the SRF, he is a very critic man, but I´m sure that he loves the King above all.

I'm in another Forum where an user named "elparaiso2008" posted this:

El Rey quiere poner paz en su familia

La marcha de los Príncipes de Mallorca el mismo día en que llegaron las infantas ha disparado los rumores de distanciamiento entre doña Letizia y sus cuñadas · El Monarca ha pedido a don Felipe que medie entre ellas
FÁTIMA DÍAZ | ACTUALIZADO 17.08.2010 - 01:00

Las desavenencias entre la Princesa de Asturias y sus cuñadas, las infantas Elena y Cristina, son vox pópuli desde hace tiempo. Pero desde hace unas cuantas semanas las diferencias entre la esposa y las hermanas del Príncipe están llegando a unos límites preocupantes. La Familia Real no posa al completo para la prensa desde hace meses, y siempre cuando un acto oficial hace que resulte imprescindible. La Reina está preocupada porque las hijas de don Felipe y doña Letizia, Leonor y Sofía, no ven mucho a sus primos. Así que el propio Rey ha decidido tomar cartas en el asunto. No sólo porque pueda llegar a perjudicar a la imagen de la Casa Real, sino por mantener a su familia unida. Según publicaba ayer Vanitatis y otras muchas webs se han hecho eco, don Juan Carlos ha pedido al Príncipe que medie en esta tensa situación. La paz en el seno de la Familia Real está en juego.

Hasta el momento el Rey sufría en silencio las diferencias, parece que irreconciliables, de su nuera y sus hijas. Según se comenta en círculos cercanos al Monarca, don Juan Carlos no entiende el porqué de este distanciamiento. Pero hace unos días, rompió su silencio para hablar con su hijo e instarle a que mediara entre su esposa, Letizia, y sus hermanas.
a charla paterna no debió surtir el efecto esperado puesto que prácticamente el mismo día que las infantas hacían su aparición en Palma de Mallorca para pasar unos días de vacaciones con sus padres, don Felipe, doña Letizia y sus dos hijas abandonaban la isla con destino desconocido.

Los rumores de esta manifiesta enemistad han existido desde siempre. O, mejor dicho, desde que el Príncipe de Asturias contrajo matrimonio con doña Letizia en el año 2003. Pero, desde entonces, en muchas ocasiones se ha visto a las cuñadas cercanas e, incluso, cariñosas. Por ejemplo, tras la muerte de la hermana menor de Letizia, Érika Ortiz. A las puertas del sepelio, la Princesa y la infanta Cristina se fundieron en un prolongado abrazo que borró de un plumazo los comentarios sobre una posible mala relación entre ellas. Con la infanta Elena, sin embargo, el tema es diferente ya que parece que siempre ha existido un distanciamiento entre ellas y que ninguna ha hecho nada por remediarlo.

Para colmo de males para el Rey, la Princesa de Asturias parece no encontrarse nada cómoda durante su estancia estival en Mallorca. Aunque este tipo de apariciones oficiales de los miembros de la Familia Real casi van en el sueldo, doña Letizia no comparte con los miembros de su familia política su pasión por los deportes de vela. De modo que le disgusta estar allí, como dejó claro hace unos días cuando un periodista le preguntó por sus vacaciones en Palma. "¿Tú crees que esto son vacaciones?", le respondió la Princesa.

Estos días estará más contenta pues se halla inmersa en un viaje privado con el Príncipe y de destino desconocido, al menos para la prensa. A la vuelta tendrá que hacer frente al encuentro que ha planeado el Rey entre su nuera y sus hijas a fin de que hablen y arreglen sus diferencias.

Noticia publicada en El Diario de Sevilla.

If you don 't read spanish here says that the differences between Letizia and her sisters in law looks to be really hard and may be that's the reason because they pose less and less all toghether, and because Letizia said to press that she didn't think that Mallorca where vacations.

I'm not sure about the causes, but for me this article is trustfull.

I'm sorry because of my english, I hope you understand me. :flowers:

Dear AnaC, I know Peñafiel's story with the SRF, he is a very critic man, but I´m sure that he loves the King above all.

I'm in another Forum where an user named "elparaiso2008" posted this:

Noticia publicada en El Diario de Sevilla.

If you don 't read spanish here says that the differences between Letizia and her sisters in law looks to be really hard and may be that's the reason because they pose less and less all toghether, and because Letizia said to press that she didn't think that Mallorca where vacations.

I'm not sure about the causes, but for me this article is trustfull.

I'm sorry because of my english, I hope you understand me. :flowers:

Don't worry about your English, mine isn't great either.:flowers:
Hmm... I haven't read this article before and of course this could be the thruth but I tend to be sceptical about news of the royal family. The media tend to make up stories about them when there is nothing to write about. For example, at the beginning of Letizia's marriage "everybody" knew she was infertile and now she has 2 children. Another thing that makes me doubt it is their example of their private holidays: they have always gone 2 weeks in August on holidays, Felipe used to go on his own before he was married too.
But of course, it could be true that the three of them don't have a good relationship. If it's true I hope they fix it in the reunion the King has prepared!:flowers:
As we say in Spain(I don't know if you use this expression in Argentina too): Cuando el río suena, agua lleva.
I've just remember this! I read an article some days ago, about the picture of their kiss in Mallorca. It was written by a journalist who was in Palma following the royal family, and she thought the kiss could be a "make up" kiss, because that morning(first day of sailing) Felipe was supposed to appear before the the press and he said he couldn't que "tenía lío". Then, Letizia and the infantitas appeared when nobody was expecting them and they kissed. It was only the second time someone got a picture of it(The first one was when Spain won the World Cup).

Princess/Queen Alexandra (Wife of Edward VII) did not get along with Princess Victoria because of the Prussian War and that cause a rift between the two.

I remember the minor controversy that ensued when Letizia seemed to diss Majorca as a vacation spot. She is entitled to her opinion but I think that was rather rude, ungracious of her.

What the heck is wrong with Majorca?? You could do a whole lot worse for vacations, imo.

Apparently Anne refused to curtsy to Diana. Is that true?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom