The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-21-2005, 03:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.M. Margrethe
I have heard that Prince Henrik and Prince Richard did not had the very best relationship but it has been improve since Prince Richard cancer disease are gone.
I'm surprised to hear this ... what is the reason for the discord between the two of them? (Glad to see however, that they've mended fences.)

Old 01-21-2005, 03:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
I'm surprised to hear this ... what is the reason for the discord between the two of them? (Glad to see however, that they've mended fences.)
I think it was because Prince Henrik was Frence and a bit snobbis and because Prince Richard are German and a bit sparingly but i donīt know it has alwayse been a roumor her in Denmark.

Old 01-21-2005, 03:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.M. Margrethe
I think it was because Prince Henrik was Frence and a bit snobbis and because Prince Richard are German and a bit sparingly but i donīt know it has alwayse been a roumor her in Denmark.
Thanks for the info H.M. Margrethe.

Both princes seem to me to be very headstrong men with very certain opinons about things. Prince Henrik seems to give the appearance of stubbornness and I could understand why two strong-willed and opinonated men might butt heads.
Old 01-21-2005, 03:59 PM
Royal Highness

I didn't know that Prince Henrik and Prince Richard didn't get along too well. However, I'm not so sure I'm surprised. As Alexandria mentioned, they both seem like very headstrong men.

I've always been really curious as to how the Danish royals view Marie-Chantal. The Danish royals seem so down to earth and fairly unassuming and Marie-Chantal does not. I've always wondered if they got along well.
Old 01-21-2005, 04:04 PM
Aristocracy

Queen Elizabeth II is not very fond of Princess Micheal of Kent and supposedly refers to her as "that woman"
Old 01-21-2005, 05:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Royals fighting with paparazzi

how about Royals who been fighting with the paparazzi when taking pictures

like Princess Diana been mostly photographer in the globe she told paparazzi when she taking skiing at Lech in 1992 and 1997 at St. tropez when she taking her boys for her last day vacation with her new lover Dodi Fayed.

have any Royals who been fighting with Royals of paparazzi same Prince Harry pushed with paparazzi month ago and got cut with lip.

please post all those pictures!

Sara Boyce
Old 01-21-2005, 06:15 PM
Nobility

Prince Ernst August aways fight with paparazzi....itīs almost daily ...hehee
Old 01-21-2005, 10:06 PM
Courtier

I don't think Princess Anne was very fond of Diana and Fergie, especially at the end as they were both dragging the name of the royal family (Anne's family) through the mud with all their scandals.
Old 01-22-2005, 01:21 AM
Heir Apparent

how about late Princess of Wales and Countess of Wessex?

i known Princess Diana is really popular Princess but Sophie really respective woman! but mostly photographer been lots job to do for Diana than Countess of Wessex more less!

Sara Boyce
Old 01-22-2005, 10:39 AM
Aristocracy

HM Queen Fabiola & HM Queen Paola's relationship isn't the best. They are just respecting each other.
Old 01-22-2005, 12:07 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

That's correct: Queen Fabiola and Queen Paola are not the Best friends. And now Fabiola problably feels even more alone because she was very close to Grand Duchesse Josephine Charlotte.

I knew that Prince Laurent and his father, the King, don't have a good relation too. :(
Old 01-22-2005, 01:31 PM
Administrator

From "Royalty Digest" magazine and their report on the Spanish wedding: "A family dinner was served at Zarzuela Palace attended by some 45 Royal guests and close relations. Upon leaving, Prince Victor Emanuele threw two strong blows of his fists at his cousin Duke Amedeo of Aosta who, bleeding, had to be supported by Queen Anne Marie, while it is said that poor King Juan Carlos, visibly tired, uttered "never again". "

Other reports added that while Queen Anne Marie was looking after the bleeding Duke, an Arab Prince fetched ice; when the Savoy party were safely outside, Princess Marina Doria, Victor Emanuel's wife, returned to offer profuse apologies.

The incident was alleged to have occurred when Duke Amedeo patted his cousin on the back, in what he thought was a friendly manner. The Prince obviously thought otherwise. An indication of the strained and fraught relations between the two 'rival' branches of the House of Savoy!
Old 01-22-2005, 01:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Sosnowitz
HM Queen Fabiola & HM Queen Paola's relationship isn't the best. They are just respecting each other.
Why don't Fabiola and Paola like each other? I could not tell. They do a very good job of putting up a good public facade then. Whenever the entire Belgian family is out I always see Paola offering her hand to Fabiola to help her up stairs or to help her sit down in her seat or whatever.
Old 01-22-2005, 02:14 PM
Administrator

Of course, we don't know the details or the exact nature of their relationship, but on the surface we could speculate... Fabiola is very straight-laced and Paola had, what could we say, a "wild" past. There also may be an element that Fabiola was unable to have children, while Paola produced two sons and a daughter; in the Dynastic scheme of things the Royal line will pass through Albert/Paola and not through Badouin/Fabiola.
ie in Dynastic terms Badouin is sidelined.

Or... perhaps it is just that they are two women of different temperaments?
Old 01-22-2005, 06:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
From "Royalty Digest" magazine and their report on the Spanish wedding: "A family dinner was served at Zarzuela Palace attended by some 45 Royal guests and close relations. Upon leaving, Prince Victor Emanuele threw two strong blows of his fists at his cousin Duke Amedeo of Aosta who, bleeding, had to be supported by Queen Anne Marie, while it is said that poor King Juan Carlos, visibly tired, uttered "never again". "

Other reports added that while Queen Anne Marie was looking after the bleeding Duke, an Arab Prince fetched ice; when the Savoy party were safely outside, Princess Marina Doria, Victor Emanuel's wife, returned to offer profuse apologies.

The incident was alleged to have occurred when Duke Amedeo patted his cousin on the back, in what he thought was a friendly manner. The Prince obviously thought otherwise. An indication of the strained and fraught relations between the two 'rival' branches of the House of Savoy!
So, it was the Duke of Aosta the other fighter. I'm sorry he was injuried, because I think he's nice. On the other hand I don't like very much Prince Vittorio Emanuele: he's always unkind.
By the way, I read that the Duke's mother was a princess of Greece (I can't remember which one), so he's a cousin to the Duke of Edinburgh.
Old 01-22-2005, 06:40 PM
Aristocracy

what about Prince Fredrick and his father prince Henrik?I heard they are not getting well with each other.

also,Q.Elizabeth11 doesn't like Q.Selvia of sweeden.she wanted king Carl Gustav to marry her dauther Anne.
Old 01-22-2005, 07:48 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by asma
what about Prince Fredrick and his father prince Henrik?I heard they are not getting well with each other.
Can u elobrate on this....
thanks
Old 01-22-2005, 07:50 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by asma
Q.Elizabeth11 doesn't like Q.Selvia of sweeden.she wanted king Carl Gustav to marry her dauther Anne.
did Anne and Gustav have a relationship.... or was this QE2 wishful thinking??

thanks
Old 01-22-2005, 08:02 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
They weren't "caught" by Queen Anne Marie in the sense that they were fighting off in a corner and she "caught" them. The one royal (not Victor, Emmanuel's father) actually fell into Queen Anne Marie's arms after Victor (Emmanuel's father) punched him. Queen Anne Marie was kind enough to assist and apply an ice pack.
It is good to see the Queen of Greece assist the House of Savoy after what happened to Greece and Denmark in World War II.

Anne-Marie is really special!
:)
Old 01-22-2005, 11:40 PM
Administrator

The Duke of Aosta's mother was Princess Irene of Greece, who was the daughter of King Constantine I and Princess Sophie of Prussia. Sophie was the daughter of Kaiser Friedrich III and Princess Victoria of Great Britain. Thus Amedeo is a descendent of Queen Victoria.
Constantine was the brother of the Duke of Edinburgh's father, Prince Andrew of Greece.