Emotional Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Being sad is not the emotion I like to see. I like to see SMILES, SMILES, SMILES! That's the emotion I like.

I like seeing royal people being emotional, especially at weddings. Yes, I'm thinking of CP Frederik and CP Mary of Denmark :)

Being sad is not the emotion I like to see. I like to see SMILES, SMILES, SMILES! That's the emotion I like.
I agree--it's nice to see smiles and laughter, especially if they're spontaneous and genuine. Likewise, it's also nice to see royals showing genuine sadness, regardless of whether they're openly weeping or just looking downcast. ETA: Not that I like seeing sadness, of course, but it's expected on some occasions.

Anger, indifference, and arrogance are the only affectations that I don't care to see, genuine or (especially!) faked, in anyone.

Last edited:
Everyone is to be so proper in front of the public... I'd like to see someone being goofy or playful in character. Maybe some pictures of royal blunders?

Almost ALL the Royals I saw at the wedding of Victoria and Daniel seemed to be bawling at one point, especially Mette-Marit and Maxima(who seems to be a very emotionally demonstrative woman under MOST circumstances)

It was a joyful happy occasion and one of the few Royal weddings where everyone who attended seemed to be having a blast...and were not there just because they were expected to be.;)

CP Letizia of Spain at her sister Erika's funeral broke my heart. She is normally so dignified and when she got into the back of the limousine after the service she seemed almost hysterical with sobs, and her sister Telma was trying to console her. I cannot imagine losing one of my own sisters that way so it really hit home with me when I saw that...and it's also when I began to thaw toward Letizia. I had not really liked her that much when she first married Felipe.

As someone else has mentioned Princess Caroline wears her emotions on her sleeve, despite her irreproachable dignity and elegance. I am thinking of her at her mother's funeral, and of course when her second husband Stefano died I was actually afraid for her health she was so visibly distraught.

I also saw a photo of her sobbing at one of her Casiraghi niece's weddings.

Last edited:
Yes, I believe so as well. It's important to be able to not completely lose control on public occasions, though, because that's apt to make people more upset.

I think Royals showing a little emotion is good, It humanizes them and in turn makes them more friendly with people.

Did anyone notice at Victorias wedding that Frederik was wiping tears with a napkin while Victoria was walking down the aisle?That was so sweet.I like the fact that he is not afraid to show his feelings.

:previous:No I didn't see that.
Frederik and Victoria seem to be good friends. That wedding was more emotional than the British wedding so I'm not surprised to hear he cried:)

IloveCP said:
Did anyone notice at Victorias wedding that Frederik was wiping tears with a napkin while Victoria was walking down the aisle?That was so sweet.I like the fact that he is not afraid to show his feelings.

I noticed that. Also, Frederik, Mary and Mette-Marit wiped their eyes after Victoria and Daniel both said 'yes' while the Archbishop was blessing the rings.

Sorry if am wrong but,why would the british royals cry over a yacht?I think this happened years ago.Does anyone have pictures?

Sorry if am wrong but,why would the british royals cry over a yacht?I think this happened years ago.Does anyone have pictures?

I've no pictures but I have heard the HM shed a tear or two when Brittania was decommissioned.

It really doesn't surprise me as over the years I can imagine she has many memories of being on board. I'd also think those memories are private ones.

The yacht was like a home to her and she would have had so many memories of times spent with Prince Philip and her children and then her grand-children. The yacht was also a symbol of Britain and was used for business meetings in foreign ports and could be used as a hospital ship if needed. As one writer said, it's a shame when a sea-going country doesn't have an official yacht.

I've no pictures but I have heard the HM shed a tear or two when Brittania was decommissioned.

Awww Prince Phillip looks heartbroken! So sad : (

Awww....it's actually sweet that she showed such emotion at her great-uncle's funeral. The Grand Old Man of that family.

Queen Paola seemed very emotional that day

I noticed that. Also, Frederik, Mary and Mette-Marit wiped their eyes after Victoria and Daniel both said 'yes' while the Archbishop was blessing the rings.

i remember maxima and MM crying as they victoria and daniel arrived to the palace for the banquet, when they were going up the stairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom