Emotional Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to say but for me Máxima looks fake

If you witnessed such a tragic event like that wouldn't you be as shocked as Maxima.
If anything she looked more real than other pictures i've seen of her.
The whole family looked positively shaken by what happened. My heart goes out to them.
But of course we all have our own opinions on pictures.
x

To make such a remark,pointing at that moment thursday,is so below the belt it
takes a certain breed to express something like that.Not my breed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Although this is a very emotional topic:

Remember that personal attacks against members are strictly forbidden at TRF!

All comments containing personal attacks against other members have been altered or deleted. Further personal attacks will be deleted without notice.
You can keep on discussing, but keep attacks out of it, please!

The General Royal Discussions Moderators

Last edited:
Sorry to say but for me Máxima looks fake
I have to disagree. When looking at the other members of the Dutch Royal Family in the bus, I'd say that they all have similar expressions. Their expressions reflect how utterly shocked they are while witnessing a terrible event.

I think the DUtch RF are a bit too emotional esp. Maxima. WAy too much emotion

With all due respect, I believe that this is greatly a matter of culture and style. As a fellow North American, I'll note that many people from around the world would say that we in the U.S. (especially if we are from British or other white European ancestry) are too buttoned up... what psychologists call "affect phobic," or "afraid of feeling". People from South America, like Maxima, are much more open to expressing their emotions, which can be quite a healthy thing. :flowers:

IMO The Dutch Royal Family have always been closer to the Dutch people than other monarchs have to their people. Their personalities have alays seemed to be real and genuine and full of vitality - especially Wilhelmina, Juliana and Beatrix.
Whenever there has been a tragedy or disaster in the Netherlands, Queen Beatrix seems always to visit the disaster area/victims etc almost immediately (such as the apartment plane crash, firework factory explotion etc) and during these visits she has clearly given real emotional support to the people affected, for instance by putting an arm around them and showing a compassionate face. Giving emtional support is often hard to do without actually being or becoming emotional oneself. I respect the Dutch Royal Family immensly and all the more for this kind of attitude. Queen Beatrix is no less of a traditional, strong, formal or monarch like person for being emotional - it is a great strength. Here in Britain the Royal Family is less outwardly emotional, and their formality is constant and unswaying in times of crisis, which I am afraid seems to lead to less of a direct/real human connection with the people even if it does provide a beacon of stiff upper lip strength. Maybe William should marry a South American or even a firey Italian!!!

An older friend of mine said that opening your mouth wide open and clasping your hand in front of it (like several young Dutch royals did) is not Royal behaviour at all.
Not expressing emotion through grimaces, body language does not indicate not feeling it.

IMO The Dutch Royal Family have always been closer to the Dutch people than other monarchs have to their people. Their personalities have alays seemed to be real and genuine and full of vitality - especially Wilhelmina, Juliana and Beatrix.
Whenever there has been a tragedy or disaster in the Netherlands, Queen Beatrix seems always to visit the disaster area/victims etc almost immediately (such as the apartment plane crash, firework factory explotion etc) and during these visits she has clearly given real emotional support to the people affected, for instance by putting an arm around them and showing a compassionate face. Giving emtional support is often hard to do without actually being or becoming emotional oneself. I respect the Dutch Royal Family immensly and all the more for this kind of attitude. Queen Beatrix is no less of a traditional, strong, formal or monarch like person for being emotional - it is a great strength. Here in Britain the Royal Family is less outwardly emotional, and their formality is constant and unswaying in times of crisis, which I am afraid seems to lead to less of a direct/real human connection with the people even if it does provide a beacon of stiff upper lip strength. Maybe William should marry a South American or even a firey Italian!!!

The pictures broke my heart: Máxima , Willem Alexander and the other Dutch Royals

They look so unbelivable shocked. It hurts in my soul.

Galerías de imágenes
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/053l5wB6GXe7k/610x.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/02tw3Lm2AO58N/610x.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0blWgRJ7azeoO/610x.jpg

I still cannot belive this really happened.
Neither can I.

The looks on the faces of Willem Alexander and Maxima as they got off the bus is numb shock , almost denial, personified.

The looks of horror, hands over their mouths of the younger royals counterpoint Queen Beatrix with her head bowed in grief and someone's arm around her. All very emotional, very painful, very real!

All this was the sort of raw emotion nobody every wanted or expected to see. There is no ettiquette class for having ringside seats and witnessing the unspeakable. The memorial shots show the more controlled faces of the DRF, awash with pain but in doing what they do best . . . . sharing their country's grief. After time to privately get a grip. What we saw on the bus was some of the most honest raw emotion ever shown by any royal in public! Emotion mirrored on the faces in the crowds and in front of televisions throughout the Netherlands and around the world.

The Dutch Royals at the unveiling of the memorial monument for the victims of the Koninginnedag tragedy

PPE Agency

I agree, the Dutch royals all seem emotional (more or less). Also, Princess Caroline of Monaco. She always gave me the impression of a very emotional woman. :flowers:

I think it is good to be a little emotional. I personally get a little scared of people not showing emotion when it is due. All the women present are all mothers of small children and they were all present that day, so it is bound to have an effect

Neither can I.

The looks on the faces of Willem Alexander and Maxima as they got off the bus is numb shock , almost denial, personified.

The looks of horror, hands over their mouths of the younger royals counterpoint Queen Beatrix with her head bowed in grief and someone's arm around her. All very emotional, very painful, very real!

All this was the sort of raw emotion nobody every wanted or expected to see. There is no ettiquette class for having ringside seats and witnessing the unspeakable. The memorial shots show the more controlled faces of the DRF, awash with pain but in doing what they do best . . . . sharing their country's grief. After time to privately get a grip. What we saw on the bus was some of the most honest raw emotion ever shown by any royal in public! Emotion mirrored on the faces in the crowds and in front of televisions throughout the Netherlands and around the world.

when and why did this happen?

when and why did this happen?

Queensday, 30 of April 2009.
A man in a car tried to hit the Royal bus with high speed, instead he crashed into a WW2 monument, just meters away from the bus. He drove straight through the crowd, killing 8 people. He later died in the hospital, due to his own injuries.

Prince Daniel at his wedding:
Fotobanka ČTK
Another, this is so beautiful, that I get tears in my eyes everytime I look at it.
Aftonbladet

Last edited:
I'm sorry, maybe this qestion sounds dumb but I live in Argentina, and I have 8 children... so I couldn't read the entire thread.

I don't know the reality of Netherlands so: Can somebody explain me if there is some group against the Queen or the Monarchie?
I've heard about this fact but I never really understood the reasons.

Again I apologize because of my english, I've never studied the language, so -I've learn from TV haha. Thank you in advance

I agree, the Dutch royals all seem emotional (more or less). Also, Princess Caroline of Monaco. She always gave me the impression of a very emotional woman. :flowers:
Indeed..And Stephanie as well.The both seem to be emotional and sensitive.:)

An older friend of mine said that opening your mouth wide open and clasping your hand in front of it (like several young Dutch royals did) is not Royal behaviour at all.
Not expressing emotion through grimaces, body language does not indicate not feeling it.

Above quote seems to refer to the faces of the Dutch royals when witnessing the horrible attack (which indeed it was) which left several people death and many wounded. I do not think that their faces "expressed emotions", but where a reaction to clear and absolute shock. One does not know how one reacts to such a catastrophic event, and shock is not controllable. A person who, during happy festivities witnesses such a sudden attack, sees people being run over by a car and dying and does not react shocked would doubtless be considered pychopatic.

As I read this thread, I see a lot of criticisms for royalty being "too emotional." Let us keep perspective. To be fair, we are watching people (yes, PEOPLE) during the most joyful or painful times of their lives. Weddings and funerals of close friends and family can be very emotional times.

As for the Dutch RF's response to the attack - well, I can't say that if I were CP Maxima and CP W-A that I wouldn't forget myself and put a hand over my mouth in shock if I just saw EIGHT PEOPLE DIE. Geez.

Here are some of Queen Elizabeth II, for those who have said she has never cried in public (don't know if any of these have been posted).

Following the 9/11 memorial service: Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

The De-Commissioning of Britannia: Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

The Parade For The Golden Jubilee Of Her Majesty's Body Guards And Royal Companies: Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Service of Remembrance in November of 2002: Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

I must say that I like to see royals show some emotion... makes them easier to relate to.. That being said, I have never had a lens focused on me in an emotional moment either..

HM wept when she went to Dunblane, Scotland, after the schoolchildren were killed by a gunman there. I think that The Princess Royal was teary as well, from pictures that I saw years ago. Here's a print article: The Queen Weeps For The Children « Headlines Today

Here are some of Queen Elizabeth II, for those who have said she has never cried in public (don't know if any of these have been posted).

I think Royals showing a little emotion is good, It humanizes them and in turn makes them more friendly with people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom