Old 07-13-2005, 10:43 AM
Courtier

I thought she did ,

Old 07-13-2005, 11:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1939
Princess metta merit upset for the victims of the Tsunami
she doesnt look upset at all,there're for sure some feelings in her face but it's not being upset.

Old 07-13-2005, 11:29 AM
Courtier

well I stand corrected no one agrees with me, its funny how people see diffrent things in a pictures isnt it ?
Old 07-13-2005, 11:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_girl
she doesnt look upset at all,there're for sure some feelings in her face but it's not being upset.
I think Mette Marit looks very sad... If i look at her chin it looks like she is going to cry.

Old 07-13-2005, 11:59 AM
Royal Highness

If I saw my leaders crying after a national tragedy, that would make me feel so afraid and hopeless. I would rather see a somber face than a crying one. It would strengthen me to know that my leaders were holding it together. Of course family members can and should elicit emotion (like when QEII did; I think it was good for her to cry at her mum's and sisters and the rememberances of the soldiers). But when the whole nation is suffering, I feel leaders must hold it all together in public.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:18 PM
Courtier

I think it would be different if it was My Priminster crying ( then that may make me feel afraid ) but if its royalty it would only make me think that they had feeling for there people ( when I mean crying I dont mean sobbing there hearts out and just been tears in there eyes kind of thing)

Old 07-13-2005, 01:16 PM
Serene Highness

In my opinion as long as they're crying over something valid that's fine. I mean you don't want robots for a Royal Family.
If they're running around crying all the time over nothing (which they're not) then that would be a problem.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.M. Margrethe
I think Mette Marit looks very sad... If i look at her chin it looks like she is going to cry.
I was thinking the same thing. She looks like she's on the verge of tears.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarzuela
Queen Sofia was evidently sad at the funeral for the Spanish militars who died in an aerial crash in 2003 coming back from Afghanistan. Year 2003.
Is the woman leaning towards Queen Sofia's shoulders a commoner? She reminds me a little of Margaret Thatcher.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:48 PM
Serene Highness

Pss Caroline cried yesterday during the coronation of her brother Prince Albert
Old 07-13-2005, 07:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.M. Margrethe
Mette-Marit was crying in this picture - I saw it on tv.

From Newscom.
Another sad royal: Crown Prince Philippe at the funeral of Josephine-Charlotte.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sipaphotos112578.jpeg
Views:	426
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	168565  
Old 12-18-2005, 07:43 PM
Royal Highness

There is some more of Queen Sofia... some of those pictures are vey touching...
(search: terra, Gettyimages, Deadline, seegerpress and (i'm not sure) colourpress).

Some are similar to others that was already post but are little different.

Old 12-18-2005, 07:48 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...JuAnItA...
There is some more of Queen Sofia...
And some more...
(search: seegerpress, terra, newscom and the last one i don't remember...)
The last one is also from the funeral of the Count of Barcelona.

Old 12-19-2005, 03:20 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII
And i'm sure that The Queen has cried when Diana died but she did not show her grief in public.And maybe Diana is not so close to her,so she did not show her grief in public.And at Princess Margaret's funeral,she cried in public because Princess Margaret is so close to her.Margaret and Elizabeth has been given birth from the same Mum,they grew up together,and they have lived for long time so it's certainly she show so much emotional at Princess Margaret's funeral.

The British Royals did not show much emotion at Diana's funeral but I think they upset some members the British public when they openly had tears in their eyes at the decommisioning of the Royal Yacht Britannia!!!!!!!
Old 12-19-2005, 03:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
The British Royals did not show much emotion at Diana's funeral but I think they upset some members the British public when they openly had tears in their eyes at the decommisioning of the Royal Yacht Britannia!!!!!!!
very true!, i remember that, they cried in public when that yacht was ending its days but not when diana died. I would have thought Diana is more important than a yacht! But i understand the family have their reasons,
Old 12-19-2005, 03:46 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian
very true!, i remember that, they cried in public when that yacht was ending its days but not when diana died. I would have thought Diana is more important than a yacht! But i understand the family have their reasons,

The tears were sentimental tears as "Britannia" must have held a lot of memories for all members of the Royal Family. But like you I would have considered Diana to be more important that the yacht.

Scott
Old 12-19-2005, 04:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Well Diana did hurt the royal family during the breakup years. Plus, I dont think the most of the Royals were close to Diana. The Royal Yacht was a second home. The whole family grew up there and had very special memories of many voyages and experiences. Its like watching the house you grew up in burn to the ground in a way. Its emotional but the BRF never make sense with what they do. If they did then they wouldnt be the Royal Family we now.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:31 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbhrc
Prince Rainier at the opening of the Monte Carlo Circus Festival January 21, 2005.

It's hard looking at these pictures of Rainier- poor little thing- He never did get over the loss of Princess Grace- he absolutely adored her and I think he died that day too :( To me that was the day that Princess Caroline matured into a woman and was there for him - a shoulder to cry on - she also lost her best friend..
He reminds me of my dad so it is hard for me to see pics of him without feeling sad.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:05 AM
Heir Apparent

"In my opinion as long as they're crying over something valid that's fine. I mean you don't want robots for a Royal Family.
If they're running around crying all the time over nothing (which they're not) then that would be a problem."

Absolutely, there are occasions and events when it is appropriate to show grief. Personally I'd like to see the Royal Family (British) display a bit more emotion, they way they all act so regimented makes them seem so cold and unfeeling.

Moreover it should be pointed out that in some cultures crying is viewed to be a very natural part of the grieving and not something to be ashamed of.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Following the Amman bombings tere were some very emotional pictures of Quen Rania:

http://cache.gettyimages.com/thumb/5...orial_emea&t=1

http://cache.gettyimages.com/thumb/5...0769&b=afp&t=1

http://cache.gettyimages.com/thumb/5...2624&b=afp&t=1

Queen Rania visiting victims of the earthquake in Kashmir:

http://cache.gettyimages.com/thumb/5...9402&b=afp&t=1

http://cache.gettyimages.com/thumb/56029759.jpg?x=x&a=56029759&b=editorial_asiapac&t= 1

<A href="http://javascript<b></b>:OpenChildWindow('http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=56029756&cdi=0', '', 'width=640,height=500,menubar=no,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,status=no,titlebar=no,toolbar=no');" target=_blank>http://cache.gettyimages.com/thumb/56029756.jpg?x=x&a=56029756&b=editorial_asiapac&t= 1

Queen Rania visiting Rafiq Hariri's widow:

Tags
emotional royals