The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 12-07-2004, 02:39 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 1,505
I see the point that it makes them look more human, but is it nece. for the RF to be more human. To me it is not. But I see how devastating it could be to lose your spouse or parent. That is understandable. But I just love the BRF's stamina. When dealing with grief (and if one believes in an afterlife) one should be comforted by the fact that he/she will see that person again. BUt still it must be really hard though to not show emotion...:(
__________________

__________________
*Under Construction*
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 12-07-2004, 04:56 PM
Humera's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 6,759
The British Royal family has its own reasons for not showing emotion most of the time...ie. "the stiff upper-lip" protocol.
One doesnt need to appear cold or stoic in order to appear dignified. It reminds me of Queen Mary. I once heard that she believed that there were two classes, royals and everyone else. That was one of reasons she always appeared so stark and even cold in public.
I remember when Princess Diana died, so many Britons crticized the Queen for her lack of emotion. Most humans, no matter what station in life they belong to, like to see a show of feeling now and then. Something that betrays a sense of humanity and maybe even frailty. Thats what most people found so endearing about Princess Diana.
Not that anyone expects the British royals to weep uncontrollably in public.
But I think that the Queen has shown more emotion in the years since Diana's death.
Things are undoubtedly changing.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 12-07-2004, 07:56 PM
sara1981's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North Little Rock, United States
Posts: 3,448
when i watch Princess Diana's video many people who watch Princess Diana's funeral from outside near the Westminister Abbey and lots of more people in England watch Princess Diana's funeral hearses to the Althorp after the funeral and many people throw flowers more thousand like as millions flowers by the hearse cars its really worse day of Diana's funeral in 1997 if you like to post the pictures of Diana's funeral? and her family&friends who attend Diana's funeral also.

in 1991 or 1992 Diana attend her dad's funeral many people never knew about her dad's death if you like to post pictures of her dad's funeral.

Sara Boyce
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 12-08-2004, 11:29 PM
Vicomtesse's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: , Canada
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
I remember when Princess Diana died, so many Britons crticized the Queen for her lack of emotion. Most humans, no matter what station in life they belong to, like to see a show of feeling now and then. Something that betrays a sense of humanity and maybe even frailty. Thats what most people found so endearing about Princess Diana.
Not that anyone expects the British royals to weep uncontrollably in public.
You are so right.
No one wants to see Queen Elizabeth, Prince Phillip, Prince Charles or Princess Anne crying all the time at every event. But when something truly affects them to see them shed even a few tears makes them more real and more human.
Like at the Remembrance Day ceremonies Queen Elizabeth always looks emotional. If she can be that emotional for war veterans even if they are important why couldn't she be a little bit emotional for her ex daughter in law who was also the mother of the Queen's grandchildren?
No one thinks that Queen Beatrix is not a good queen because there are pictures of her crying or upset at her mom's funeral or when her father's coffin was brought to her home. Everyone probably feels more sad for the queen and thinks she's a good queen still.
__________________
When a man gets up to speak, people listen, then look. When a woman gets up, people look; then, if they like what they see, they listen. ~Pauline Frederick
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 12-09-2004, 02:33 AM
sara1981's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North Little Rock, United States
Posts: 3,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicomtesse
You are so right.
No one wants to see Queen Elizabeth, Prince Phillip, Prince Charles or Princess Anne crying all the time at every event. But when something truly affects them to see them shed even a few tears makes them more real and more human.
Like at the Remembrance Day ceremonies Queen Elizabeth always looks emotional. If she can be that emotional for war veterans even if they are important why couldn't she be a little bit emotional for her ex daughter in law who was also the mother of the Queen's grandchildren?
No one thinks that Queen Beatrix is not a good queen because there are pictures of her crying or upset at her mom's funeral or when her father's coffin was brought to her home. Everyone probably feels more sad for the queen and thinks she's a good queen still.
i agree!

when HM Queen Elizabeth 2 dont cry at Princess Diana's funeral and Queen Mother's funeral but im sure she got cry after that funeral im totally surprises! in 1997 HM Queen 2 cry when her ex daughter in law Princess Diana died but have NO excuse and no reason for those of taboilds of recalled for HM Queen given half-flag when Diana's died im totally surprise it! they later her sister died same day before her mum's died in 2002.

Sara Boyce
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 12-09-2004, 02:55 AM
HMQueenElizabethII's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ryde, Australia
Posts: 3,779
Vicomtesse,I don not think like you say.I'm sure that Her Majesty also cried when Princess Diana died but not in public.
__________________
"God save our Gracious Queen,
Long live our Noble Queen,
God save The Queen"
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 12-09-2004, 03:05 AM
HMQueenElizabethII's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ryde, Australia
Posts: 3,779
I know that Queen Beatrix is a good Queen but your reason that she is a good Queen because she cried at her mother's funeral.It is not reason to show that she is a good Queen,Queen Beatrix is still a good Queen now by another reasons not the reason you say.
And i think The Queen also looked sad at Princess Diana.Did she smile or laugh when Princess Diana died?Not always show our emotion to people.She keeps in her heart not show in public.If she always show emotional, how will we think?We will think that she is normal,and very easy to cry.No!The noble never show their emotion very clearly,although they are sad, they never show their emotion so much.
__________________
"God save our Gracious Queen,
Long live our Noble Queen,
God save The Queen"
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 12-09-2004, 03:46 AM
Humera's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 6,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII
I know that Queen Beatrix is a good Queen but your reason that she is a good Queen because she cried at her mother's funeral.It is not reason to show that she is a good Queen,Queen Beatrix is still a good Queen now by another reasons not the reason you say.
And i think The Queen also looked sad at Princess Diana.Did she smile or laugh when Princess Diana died?Not always show our emotion to people.She keeps in her heart not show in public.If she always show emotional, how will we think?We will think that she is normal,and very easy to cry.No!The noble never show their emotion very clearly,although they are sad, they never show their emotion so much.
so those who show their emotions aren't "noble" as you say?
And what about the time when she did cry, like at the Remembrance Day service? does that mean that she wasnt being noble that day?
Queen Elizabeth's reasons have more to do with the fact that protocol is very important to her. She was born and grew up in an age when things were very different. She has tried to stick to tradition as she knew it.
It doest make her wrong nor does it make her any better/noble than people who shed a tear in public once in a while.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 12-09-2004, 05:33 AM
HMQueenElizabethII's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ryde, Australia
Posts: 3,779
I do not mean they cry they are not noble.I mean that they do not show their cry so much in public.And everybody are different.Elizabeth is Elizabeth and Beatrix,why should you compare them?
__________________
"God save our Gracious Queen,
Long live our Noble Queen,
God save The Queen"
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 12-09-2004, 05:39 AM
HMQueenElizabethII's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ryde, Australia
Posts: 3,779
And i'm sure that The Queen has cried when Diana died but she did not show her grief in public.And maybe Diana is not so close to her,so she did not show her grief in public.And at Princess Margaret's funeral,she cried in public because Princess Margaret is so close to her.Margaret and Elizabeth has been given birth from the same Mum,they grew up together,and they have lived for long time so it's certainly she show so much emotional at Princess Margaret's funeral.
__________________
"God save our Gracious Queen,
Long live our Noble Queen,
God save The Queen"
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 12-09-2004, 06:05 AM
Humera's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 6,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII
I do not mean they cry they are not noble.I mean that they do not show their cry so much in public.And everybody are different.Elizabeth is Elizabeth and Beatrix,why should you compare them?
I see what you're saying and Im sure no one was comparing Queen Beatrix to Queen Elizabeth. They're both different people. The only thing where you can compare the two is in terms of protocol and modes of behaviour, which seem to be stricter in the British royal family.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 12-09-2004, 02:55 PM
abir's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: , Canada
Posts: 467
Picture of KA, QR and KJC. It's funy their opposite face expressions.
The other picture of Q. Noor attending P. Alexia of Greece wedding. Now we know QN visits a dentiste as normal people do, just kidding.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0000356420-025.jpg
Views:	509
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	63169   Click image for larger version

Name:	9.JPG
Views:	588
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	63170  
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 12-10-2004, 02:41 AM
HMQueenElizabethII's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ryde, Australia
Posts: 3,779
Ok, sorry Humera.Because i thought you are talking bad about Queen Elizabeth II.Maybe Queen Elizabeth should share a little of her emotion for Diana.
__________________
"God save our Gracious Queen,
Long live our Noble Queen,
God save The Queen"
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 12-10-2004, 03:11 AM
Humera's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 6,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII
Ok, sorry Humera.Because i thought you are talking bad about Queen Elizabeth II.Maybe Queen Elizabeth should share a little of her emotion for Diana.
oh thats okay.
I have nothing against Queen Elizabeth believe me.
I just think she's still somewhat old-fashioned. But I understand that completely. She was born in an entirely different time.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 12-10-2004, 09:37 PM
Vicomtesse's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: , Canada
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII
I know that Queen Beatrix is a good Queen but your reason that she is a good Queen because she cried at her mother's funeral.It is not reason to show that she is a good Queen,Queen Beatrix is still a good Queen now by another reasons not the reason you say.
And i think The Queen also looked sad at Princess Diana.Did she smile or laugh when Princess Diana died?Not always show our emotion to people.She keeps in her heart not show in public.If she always show emotional, how will we think?We will think that she is normal,and very easy to cry.No!The noble never show their emotion very clearly,although they are sad, they never show their emotion so much.
You should reread my post again CAREFULLY.
I DID NOT say Queen Beatrix was a BETTER queen than Queen Elizabeth because she cried in public. I said that Queen Beatrix seems more human because she is able to express her grief and sadness at times.
Queen Elizabeth HAS cried in public before. Like at Remembrance Day services but NOT when her ex daughter in law Diana died.
Protocol matters too much to Queen Elizabeth and her entire family. They worry so much about it that they seem like robots who can't react to things in a good way or a bad way.
__________________
When a man gets up to speak, people listen, then look. When a woman gets up, people look; then, if they like what they see, they listen. ~Pauline Frederick
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 12-11-2004, 12:54 AM
HMQueenElizabethII's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ryde, Australia
Posts: 3,779
Any pics of the emotional at funeral of Queen Ingrid or British Queen Mother?
__________________
"God save our Gracious Queen,
Long live our Noble Queen,
God save The Queen"
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 12-11-2004, 03:15 AM
susan alicia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Netherlands
Posts: 2,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII
Any pics of the emotional at funeral of Queen Ingrid or British Queen Mother?
If that kind op pics interest you, lots of them within a few hours of the dutch royals at funeral of prince bernhard!

the dutch royal family do not allow at a funeral
the same amount of camara's nor
the same amount of time the camara's may scrutinize their faces
as at a happy occcasion as at a wedding.

They reserve/demand for themselves the right to be able to grieve in relative privacy and as most of us like them most of us fully understand.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 12-12-2004, 06:01 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Posts: 16
Yes, indeed, but she's not a Princess, her name is just Juliana, they use to call her Julie.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 06-29-2005, 12:39 PM
Josefine's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: , Sweden
Posts: 9,227
very strong photos to see
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 06-30-2005, 01:30 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 422
With regard to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II showing emotion in public, I think that with regard to the funeral of The Princess of Wales, she felt the need to show strength because of her grandchildren. I think that Her Majesty was giving them someone to be supported by, and it wouldn't do much for their grief if she showed too much emotion. I think solumn was the correct emotion. When compared to the passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother, I think, considering is was Her Majesties' own Mother who had passed away, her level of emotion then was also appropriate. In that sense, she was the more emotional, where others were there to be Her strength.

In contrast, I think the emotion shown on Remembrance Day etc, is not a reaction to a life coming to a natural close, or even ended tradgically, but a reaction to the destruction of war, and the sacrifices made by so many.
__________________

__________________
Thy choicest gifts in store, on her be pleased to pour, long may she reign. May she defend our laws, and ever give us cause, to sing with heart and voice, GOD SAVE THE QUEEN.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
emotional royals


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Royals and sports HMQueenElizabethII Royal Life and Lifestyle 41 04-03-2014 08:51 PM
Royals' Favourite Music and Singers Safaa Batin Royal Life and Lifestyle 76 01-02-2013 01:20 PM




Popular Tags
abdication belgium birth carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events fashion germany grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pregnancy president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince daniel prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit stockholm sweden the hague visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:23 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]