Emotional Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Sofia was evidently sad at the funeral for the Spanish militars who died in an aerial crash in 2003 coming back from Afghanistan. Year 2003.

Attachments

• funer10g.jpg
    funer10g.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 622
Last edited:
Some more sad pics of Juan Carlos and Sofia on various occasions...

1. funeral of a family member (?)

2,3,4. funeral for the Spanish soldiers who died in a plane crash on the way back to Spain from Afghanistan.

5. Juan Carlos and Sofia in Greece at the cemetery where her parents are burried.

Attachments

• 140.jpg
    140.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 594
  • index-48482.jpg
    index-48482.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 1,183
  • SP_sofia_466a.jpg
    SP_sofia_466a.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 566
  • pre-SEEGER00096242.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00096242.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 851
  • pre-SEEGER00096243.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00096243.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 684
Last edited:
Prince Rainier at the opening of the Monte Carlo Circus Festival January 21, 2005.

Attachments

• grimaldifamily2005-253.jpg
    grimaldifamily2005-253.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 578
  • grimaldifamily2005-254.jpg
    grimaldifamily2005-254.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 594
  • grimaldifamily2005-255.jpg
    grimaldifamily2005-255.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 529
Look at the faces of Infanta Elena and Infanta Cristina, they look devastated. They participated, along with Prince Felipe, in a rally against terrorism following the terrorist attacks in Madrid in march the 11, 2004.

Attachments

• atent06g.jpg
    atent06g.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 1,092
Last edited:
King Juan Carlos and queen Sofia at the funeral of the Count of Barcelona.

Attachments

• OPT1993b-mueredonjuan-1H.jpg
    OPT1993b-mueredonjuan-1H.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 1,172
I can't get to see the pictures in this post... it's a pity! could you manage to show them? Thanks

Spain's Royal Couple gave the government Golden Medals of Merit on the Labor to all 11-M victims in remembrance of their labor lives at the ceremony.

Attachments

• sipaphotos020600.jpg
    sipaphotos020600.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 466
  • sipaphotos020601.jpg
    sipaphotos020601.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 471
...JuAnItA... said:
Spain's Royal Couple gave the government Golden Medals of Merit on the Labor to all 11-M victims in remembrance of their labor lives at the ceremony.

A very personal and touching gesture.

I'm not a fan of anyone (including royals) getting overly emotional all the time, but there are certain times when it should be acceptable for anyone and everyone to shed a tear or two. I mean, poor Queen Beatrix at the funerals of her mother, husband, and father all so close together! The royals are people too, and while they're held to a certain higher standard, I think it would be very odd for them NOT to show emotion during a very happy or sad time in their lives.

AI'm sorry. I don't think it is good for the Spanish royals to show so many emotions. They've got to hold themselves up.

SpiffyBallerina said:
I'm not a fan of anyone (including royals) getting overly emotional all the time, but there are certain times when it should be acceptable for anyone and everyone to shed a tear or two. I mean, poor Queen Beatrix at the funerals of her mother, husband, and father all so close together! The royals are people too, and while they're held to a certain higher standard, I think it would be very odd for them NOT to show emotion during a very happy or sad time in their lives.

I agree w/ you SpiffyBallerina.

King and Queen of Sweden in tears for the victims of the Tsunami, during a memorial service in Khao Lak, Thailand

kungaparet3399wl.jpg
http://www.imageshack.us/

Last edited:
Reina said:
AI'm sorry. I don't think it is good for the Spanish royals to show so many emotions. They've got to hold themselves up.

Though in these photos she it does not look like the King Juan Carlos and the Queen they are in the habit of containing enough their emotions, but these images belong to tremendously dramatic moments.
Often, these tears of the Queen Sofia, which is in the habit of having a contained and severe gesture, are the sample of the pain of the whole people, and the Spanish are grateful for it.

In this accident more than 50 soldiers died, and in the attempts of 11M already we all know what happened. The Queen Sofia always is there and offers her shoulder for whom needs to weep on it, and I assure you that it the people are grateful for it. I believe that it is impossible to cry when a mother kneels down before you and says to you that " ojalá something like that should never happen to your children "; or when a father asks for the death sentence for those who killed his son, and when he realizes that the Queen is there he asks for pardon him crying and the Queen consoles him.

The Royal Family is the representation of a State, but also it is the representation of the whole people, and when the people suffer a misfortune, the people wait turn represented in them. A Kings must be able to be, but it must not turn them into cold and distant persons; in Spain it is said that the Queen does not cry, that the Queen can contain her emotions ... and when she cries, the people feel it furthermore nearby, and it ultimately is good.

I not to place photos here, but probably there exist members' photos of the Spanish Royal Family, if not crying if with torn gestures of pain. The Queen in a funeral for a few children who died in an accident of autobus, the Princes in the funerales of a few young men, the Infanta Cristina crying in the funeral of 11M...

its nice to see a queen hug a normal person, really nice

I agree its good to see the royal family of spain showing their feelings, to me it shows how much they love their people.

Showing grief is not ''letting down your standard''. If the royals didn't show emotion and at the funerals of their loved ones, they wouldn't be human.

Gloriana said:
Showing grief is not ''letting down your standard''. If the royals didn't show emotion and at the funerals of their loved ones, they wouldn't be human.

Yes i agree with Gloriana. They are human afterall.

Princess metta merit upset for the victims of the Tsunami

sm1939 said:
Princess metta merit upset for the victims of the Tsunami
she doesnt look upset at all,there're for sure some feelings in her face but it's not being upset.

well I stand corrected no one agrees with me, its funny how people see diffrent things in a pictures isnt it ?

Last edited:
cute_girl said:
she doesnt look upset at all,there're for sure some feelings in her face but it's not being upset.

I think Mette Marit looks very sad... If i look at her chin it looks like she is going to cry.

If I saw my leaders crying after a national tragedy, that would make me feel so afraid and hopeless. I would rather see a somber face than a crying one. It would strengthen me to know that my leaders were holding it together. Of course family members can and should elicit emotion (like when QEII did; I think it was good for her to cry at her mum's and sisters and the rememberances of the soldiers). But when the whole nation is suffering, I feel leaders must hold it all together in public.

I think it would be different if it was My Priminster crying ( then that may make me feel afraid ) but if its royalty it would only make me think that they had feeling for there people ( when I mean crying I dont mean sobbing there hearts out and just been tears in there eyes kind of thing)

Last edited:
In my opinion as long as they're crying over something valid that's fine. I mean you don't want robots for a Royal Family.
If they're running around crying all the time over nothing (which they're not) then that would be a problem.

H.M. Margrethe said:
I think Mette Marit looks very sad... If i look at her chin it looks like she is going to cry.
I was thinking the same thing. She looks like she's on the verge of tears.

zarzuela said:
Queen Sofia was evidently sad at the funeral for the Spanish militars who died in an aerial crash in 2003 coming back from Afghanistan. Year 2003.
Is the woman leaning towards Queen Sofia's shoulders a commoner? She reminds me a little of Margaret Thatcher.

Last edited:
Pss Caroline cried yesterday during the coronation of her brother Prince Albert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom