Emotional Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 8, 1999 Funeral of King Hussein of Jordan

Attachments

• JORDAN KING HUSSEIN LON105.jpg
    JORDAN KING HUSSEIN LON105.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 4,388
  • JORDAN HUSSEIN FUNERAL AMM1.jpg
    JORDAN HUSSEIN FUNERAL AMM1.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 1,905
  • 51062734.jpg
    51062734.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 440
Princess Basma, the late King Hussein's sister, cries almost everytime she prays at her brother's tomb.
1. Feb 7, 2000
2. Feb 7, 2001

Attachments

• 0000362381-001b.jpg
    0000362381-001b.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 748
  • 0000376316-005b.jpg
    0000376316-005b.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 647
I think it's nice to see emotion from Royals because it shows they are human.

Another VERY emotional Royal is Stephanie.... Stephanie cries at the drop of a hat... I was looking for a picture of her crying at the Circus a couple of years ago but I couldn't find it.

Those pictures are just so sad. My heart aches for Beatrix and her family right now. I have always found her to be very endearing; she really does seem to wear her heart on her sleeve, whether she's happy, sad or angry. At times you can see that mischevious spark in her eye. I agree with the others, watching royals display emotion makes you realize that they too are humans with feelings. It makes people seem less removed from you when you see them display a universal emotion, whether it be happiness or sadness.

In these pics,they look very human.Although they are Royals they also have the same emotion as everybody at the time a family member will "leave" them for ever.

Queen Rania in Macedonia. April 1999

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 441
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 420
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 463
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 510
Last edited:
Princess Stephanie cried back in 2000's International Circus Festival's closing night because Prince Rainier couldn't attend since he was very ill in the hospital. One year later in 2001, she cried at the St. Devote ceremony and those pictures were all over the press...a lot of things were said at the time...

The Grimaldi family was devastated at Princess Grace's funeral, even when you watch footage from the funeral you get sad, it was so sad, and even people who actually attended the funeral recall it as one of their saddest days. Stefano Casiraghi's funeral was another sad moment for them, Princess Caroline was very devastated. Her father and siblings were also shocked by the tragedy.

When Fadime Sahindahl, a girl who was murdered by her father for wanting to live "a swedish" life, was buried in 2002?, Victoria showed alot of emotions at her funeral.
I think a video of it is online... I´ll see if I can find it!

Also, all members of the swedish royal family cried both at the funeral of Prince Bertil in 1997 and at their german grandmother Alice´s funeral in march 1997

The Watcher said:
Also a picture of today, a sad Queen Beatrix.
I think the posting of this picture borders on voyerism (voyeur: someone who enjoys watching other people's private behaviour or suffering) and is almost indecent.

susanstotz said:
I think the posting of this picture borders on voyerism (voyeur: someone who enjoys watching other people's private behaviour or suffering) and is almost indecent.

One could argue that any pictures posted here, at other MBs and Web sites and in magazines or on the news could be considered voyeurism, too, at least by your definition of it. And from what I have read no member has expressed happiness or elation at seeing various royals in some of their saddest moments; in fact it has been the exact opposite: members have been saddened to see royals in such pain and experiencing such sorrow.

Voyeurism is also technically defined as obtaining gratification from seeing sexual acts by visual means (as in a peeping tom of sorts) or a prying observer who seeks the sordid or the scandalous.

As the majority if not all of these pictures were taken at public, official funeral processions and services, it can hardly be considered "prying." No one here directly and personally used a long-lens camera to zoom in on Prince Bernhard's home and captured images of his daughters and grandchildren crying. The transporation of his body was a public event, just as the funeral service for King Hussein was a public event.

I see the point that it makes them look more human, but is it nece. for the RF to be more human. To me it is not. But I see how devastating it could be to lose your spouse or parent. That is understandable. But I just love the BRF's stamina. When dealing with grief (and if one believes in an afterlife) one should be comforted by the fact that he/she will see that person again. BUt still it must be really hard though to not show emotion...:(

Last edited:
The British Royal family has its own reasons for not showing emotion most of the time...ie. "the stiff upper-lip" protocol.
One doesnt need to appear cold or stoic in order to appear dignified. It reminds me of Queen Mary. I once heard that she believed that there were two classes, royals and everyone else. That was one of reasons she always appeared so stark and even cold in public.
I remember when Princess Diana died, so many Britons crticized the Queen for her lack of emotion. Most humans, no matter what station in life they belong to, like to see a show of feeling now and then. Something that betrays a sense of humanity and maybe even frailty. Thats what most people found so endearing about Princess Diana.
Not that anyone expects the British royals to weep uncontrollably in public.
But I think that the Queen has shown more emotion in the years since Diana's death.
Things are undoubtedly changing.

when i watch Princess Diana's video many people who watch Princess Diana's funeral from outside near the Westminister Abbey and lots of more people in England watch Princess Diana's funeral hearses to the Althorp after the funeral and many people throw flowers more thousand like as millions flowers by the hearse cars its really worse day of Diana's funeral in 1997 if you like to post the pictures of Diana's funeral? and her family&friends who attend Diana's funeral also.

in 1991 or 1992 Diana attend her dad's funeral many people never knew about her dad's death if you like to post pictures of her dad's funeral.

Sara Boyce

~*~Humera~*~ said:
I remember when Princess Diana died, so many Britons crticized the Queen for her lack of emotion. Most humans, no matter what station in life they belong to, like to see a show of feeling now and then. Something that betrays a sense of humanity and maybe even frailty. Thats what most people found so endearing about Princess Diana.
Not that anyone expects the British royals to weep uncontrollably in public.
You are so right.
No one wants to see Queen Elizabeth, Prince Phillip, Prince Charles or Princess Anne crying all the time at every event. But when something truly affects them to see them shed even a few tears makes them more real and more human.
Like at the Remembrance Day ceremonies Queen Elizabeth always looks emotional. If she can be that emotional for war veterans even if they are important why couldn't she be a little bit emotional for her ex daughter in law who was also the mother of the Queen's grandchildren?
No one thinks that Queen Beatrix is not a good queen because there are pictures of her crying or upset at her mom's funeral or when her father's coffin was brought to her home. Everyone probably feels more sad for the queen and thinks she's a good queen still.

Vicomtesse said:
You are so right.
No one wants to see Queen Elizabeth, Prince Phillip, Prince Charles or Princess Anne crying all the time at every event. But when something truly affects them to see them shed even a few tears makes them more real and more human.
Like at the Remembrance Day ceremonies Queen Elizabeth always looks emotional. If she can be that emotional for war veterans even if they are important why couldn't she be a little bit emotional for her ex daughter in law who was also the mother of the Queen's grandchildren?
No one thinks that Queen Beatrix is not a good queen because there are pictures of her crying or upset at her mom's funeral or when her father's coffin was brought to her home. Everyone probably feels more sad for the queen and thinks she's a good queen still.
i agree!

when HM Queen Elizabeth 2 dont cry at Princess Diana's funeral and Queen Mother's funeral but im sure she got cry after that funeral im totally surprises! in 1997 HM Queen 2 cry when her ex daughter in law Princess Diana died but have NO excuse and no reason for those of taboilds of recalled for HM Queen given half-flag when Diana's died im totally surprise it! they later her sister died same day before her mum's died in 2002.

Sara Boyce

Vicomtesse,I don not think like you say.I'm sure that Her Majesty also cried when Princess Diana died but not in public.

I know that Queen Beatrix is a good Queen but your reason that she is a good Queen because she cried at her mother's funeral.It is not reason to show that she is a good Queen,Queen Beatrix is still a good Queen now by another reasons not the reason you say.
And i think The Queen also looked sad at Princess Diana.Did she smile or laugh when Princess Diana died?Not always show our emotion to people.She keeps in her heart not show in public.If she always show emotional, how will we think?We will think that she is normal,and very easy to cry.No!The noble never show their emotion very clearly,although they are sad, they never show their emotion so much.

HMQueenElizabethII said:
I know that Queen Beatrix is a good Queen but your reason that she is a good Queen because she cried at her mother's funeral.It is not reason to show that she is a good Queen,Queen Beatrix is still a good Queen now by another reasons not the reason you say.
And i think The Queen also looked sad at Princess Diana.Did she smile or laugh when Princess Diana died?Not always show our emotion to people.She keeps in her heart not show in public.If she always show emotional, how will we think?We will think that she is normal,and very easy to cry.No!The noble never show their emotion very clearly,although they are sad, they never show their emotion so much.
so those who show their emotions aren't "noble" as you say?
And what about the time when she did cry, like at the Remembrance Day service? does that mean that she wasnt being noble that day?
Queen Elizabeth's reasons have more to do with the fact that protocol is very important to her. She was born and grew up in an age when things were very different. She has tried to stick to tradition as she knew it.
It doest make her wrong nor does it make her any better/noble than people who shed a tear in public once in a while.

I do not mean they cry they are not noble.I mean that they do not show their cry so much in public.And everybody are different.Elizabeth is Elizabeth and Beatrix,why should you compare them?

And i'm sure that The Queen has cried when Diana died but she did not show her grief in public.And maybe Diana is not so close to her,so she did not show her grief in public.And at Princess Margaret's funeral,she cried in public because Princess Margaret is so close to her.Margaret and Elizabeth has been given birth from the same Mum,they grew up together,and they have lived for long time so it's certainly she show so much emotional at Princess Margaret's funeral.

HMQueenElizabethII said:
I do not mean they cry they are not noble.I mean that they do not show their cry so much in public.And everybody are different.Elizabeth is Elizabeth and Beatrix,why should you compare them?
I see what you're saying and Im sure no one was comparing Queen Beatrix to Queen Elizabeth. They're both different people. The only thing where you can compare the two is in terms of protocol and modes of behaviour, which seem to be stricter in the British royal family.

Picture of KA, QR and KJC. It's funy their opposite face expressions.
The other picture of Q. Noor attending P. Alexia of Greece wedding. Now we know QN visits a dentiste as normal people do, just kidding.

Attachments

• 0000356420-025.jpg
    0000356420-025.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,287
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 933
Ok, sorry Humera.Because i thought you are talking bad about Queen Elizabeth II.Maybe Queen Elizabeth should share a little of her emotion for Diana.

HMQueenElizabethII said:
Ok, sorry Humera.Because i thought you are talking bad about Queen Elizabeth II.Maybe Queen Elizabeth should share a little of her emotion for Diana.
oh thats okay.
I have nothing against Queen Elizabeth believe me.
I just think she's still somewhat old-fashioned. But I understand that completely. She was born in an entirely different time.

HMQueenElizabethII said:
You should reread my post again CAREFULLY.
I DID NOT say Queen Beatrix was a BETTER queen than Queen Elizabeth because she cried in public. I said that Queen Beatrix seems more human because she is able to express her grief and sadness at times.
Queen Elizabeth HAS cried in public before. Like at Remembrance Day services but NOT when her ex daughter in law Diana died.
Protocol matters too much to Queen Elizabeth and her entire family. They worry so much about it that they seem like robots who can't react to things in a good way or a bad way.

Any pics of the emotional at funeral of Queen Ingrid or British Queen Mother?

HMQueenElizabethII said:
Any pics of the emotional at funeral of Queen Ingrid or British Queen Mother?
If that kind op pics interest you, lots of them within a few hours of the dutch royals at funeral of prince bernhard!

the dutch royal family do not allow at a funeral
the same amount of camara's nor
the same amount of time the camara's may scrutinize their faces
as at a happy occcasion as at a wedding.

They reserve/demand for themselves the right to be able to grieve in relative privacy and as most of us like them most of us fully understand.

Yes, indeed, but she's not a Princess, her name is just Juliana, they use to call her Julie.

With regard to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II showing emotion in public, I think that with regard to the funeral of The Princess of Wales, she felt the need to show strength because of her grandchildren. I think that Her Majesty was giving them someone to be supported by, and it wouldn't do much for their grief if she showed too much emotion. I think solumn was the correct emotion. When compared to the passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother, I think, considering is was Her Majesties' own Mother who had passed away, her level of emotion then was also appropriate. In that sense, she was the more emotional, where others were there to be Her strength.

In contrast, I think the emotion shown on Remembrance Day etc, is not a reaction to a life coming to a natural close, or even ended tradgically, but a reaction to the destruction of war, and the sacrifices made by so many.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom