The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-16-2013, 06:52 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
As I understand it Louise is a grannies girl and the only grand daughter she has really got to dote on a lot as a little girl being to busy when the others were young and Sophie is the only spouse the she has gotten very close. The queen might influence her dressing old fashioned.
I agree with you. I think, she herself is an old fashioned little girl, not at all connected with styles and what´s new.
Her life (which for many years went unnoticed) must be lived very much like her own grandmother´s or even mother´s were when they were children.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:51 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Usually, I have no issues with how Louise is dressed. Her outfits are more conservative, and that's fine by me. However, this particular dress, and the socks (which would have looked so much nicer if left lower) make her look very sloppy. I wonder how she would look with shorter hair, but then again, maybe she's the one who chooses her clothing and her hair style, and her parents allow for that type of autonomy.
This brings to mind a family photo I have with my sister we are both wearing the same dress shoes and socks, we both have ringlets and a ribbon in our hair. Firstly lets look at me socks pulled up turned over at the top just below the knee dress straight hair brushed and ribbon straight. Now lets look at my sister socks pulled up over her knees hair all messy ribbon half undone.

no matter what my mum did my sister always stretched her socks over her knees and looked daggy.

Some kids are like that.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:07 AM
Nobility

Estelle is such a precious little thing. Nice to see Victoria, Daniel and Silvia dotted on her. Especially Estelle and Daniel :)
Old 07-16-2013, 12:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Estelle at the cover of Swedish Kungliga magasinet (The Royal Magazine)
http://kungliga.se/wp-content/upload...305_omslag.jpg
Old 07-19-2013, 07:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Athena and her brothers, Nikolai, Felix and bette Henrik in France: https://app.box.com/s/sc5e4ghf4scqglfcslho
Old 07-19-2013, 08:57 AM
Royal Highness

How beautiful those pictures of Prince Joachin´s children! The two big boys are sure to be future heartbreakers, the little ones are precious!
Old 07-19-2013, 09:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Usually, I have no issues with how Louise is dressed. Her outfits are more conservative, and that's fine by me. However, this particular dress, and the socks (which would have looked so much nicer if left lower) make her look very sloppy. I wonder how she would look with shorter hair, but then again, maybe she's the one who chooses her clothing and her hair style, and her parents allow for that type of autonomy.
It bothers me that Louise is always in her school shoes, but it has made me think that perhaps Louise has to wear shoes with a good sole for a particular reason. Perhaps she has fallen arches and has to wear well supported shoes. I did think that she had her school shoes and socks on because she and James came straight from school, but James does not have school shoes on and he always looks quite modern and well presented. I like that Louise often wears old fashioned clothes, but I was not a fan of the dress she wore to the Coronation Festival at all, but I think had it been paired with nicer shoes I may have liked it. Her dress she wore to the Diamond Jubilee Service last June was lovely, especially paired with the gold ballet pumps, but since then she has wore the same black shoes. The dress from last year was from MarieChantal children's clothing, and there are lots of other lovely summer dresses by her so I am not sure why Sophie doesn't get Louise those. Like you said, however, it could be that Louise picks her own clothes out.

She did have shorter hair as a younger girl and it was lovely because it was ringlets, but I think her curls are either disappearing or she brushes them out.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Aw, those pictures of Andrea with Sacha

Old 07-21-2013, 03:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Eleonore of Belgium gets a little weary at the abdication and inauguration ceremonies.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2cpdats.jpg
Old 07-21-2013, 03:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Too adorable! Mathilde and Philippe's children look healthy and beautiful. They could do TV commercials!
Old 07-21-2013, 05:23 PM
Royal Highness

What an adorable photo of little Eleanore!
And baby Sacha is good enough to eat. Those cheeks!
Old 07-21-2013, 05:33 PM
Royal Highness

I love those little photos of Sacha - babies at that age are so sweet, the silky hair, the little breathie sounds, the baby smell.

And poor Eleonore. Long, boring and overwhelming day for her.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:11 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
Princess Eleonore of Belgium gets a little weary at the abdication and inauguration ceremonies.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2cpdats.jpg
Aww. Poor Eleonore . It must have been very overwhelming to be on display the entire day, and sit through some long (and no doubt boring for a young child) ceremonial events.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:24 PM
Nobility

she has to learn to deal with these events, ceremonies etc. sometime and she might as well learn young.

but has anyone ever scene or heard about a royal kid actually have melt down in public?...they always seem fairly calm. I know some can be silly like Isabella of Denmark or William was but a real tantrum.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:
she has to learn to deal with these events, ceremonies etc. sometime and she might as well learn young.

but has anyone ever scene or heard about a royal kid actually have melt down in public?...they always seem fairly calm. I know some can be silly like Isabella of Denmark or William was but a real tantrum.
I've never heard of a royal child having an actual meltdown in public, but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened. It depends on the child, and the child's temperament, how he/she handles stress, and being in the midst of attention/large crowds. There are so many factors, like for instance, getting enough sleep the night before, and maybe Eleonore didn't have a chance to rest properly.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:51 PM
Nobility

I said before Elizabeth always looks really tired almost wan to me sometimes and it looks like she has eye bags in some photos. maybe they are not good sleepers.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:29 PM
Serene Highness

Silly? Since when is acting like a kid in this day and age considered to be silly? W/Isabella, I get the impression she's a very high spirited young lady and I think Mary Fredrick are doing a lovely job of letting her be a kid when the time and place calls for it. Such as the annual Family Summer Photocall, where things are informal and Isabella can put on a bit of a show. I always look forward to this and the pictures and video from it, as I can't wait to see what she's up too this time around.

Plus, HM Queen Margurite is also present at these Photocalls, and if you don't think if she had a problem w/Isabella's behaivour she wouldn't say or do something to stop it, think again. This isn't the Tudor or Victorian Eras where kids had to be perfect copies of their Parents from an early age.

As for William, I can think of only two times when he acted, in your words, silly. Harry's Christening when he was only three and w/TM the Queen and Queen Mum there and grinning at his antics, so obviously they had no problems w/his antics. The other time I can think of was Andrew and Sarah's Wedding and judging the "if looks could kill" being sent his way by Charles and Diana, I'm sure someone got an earful later on, but OTOH, I've never attended a Wedding where a little one didn't do or say something along those lines. It also becomes one of the moments of the day that makes everyone smile and/or laugh over as the days and years go on.

Kids will be kids. These kids will be on display and watched their entire life, and childhood only lasts for such a short time, even more so these days. Let them be kids and the rest will follow.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:42 PM
Nobility

calm down.I never said silly was bad or inappropriate. I was comparing harmless childhood stuff like licking windows to brattish fit throwing and wondered if there was any instances known of it is all.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:41 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
calm down.I never said silly was bad or inappropriate. I was comparing harmless childhood stuff like licking windows to brattish fit throwing and wondered if there was any instances known of it is all.
First off, telling someone to "calm down" when you don't care for how they replied to a post of yours online is rather rude IMO.

Second, if that's what you were referring to, then you should made that clearer instead of picking out Isabella and William by name, calling their behavour silly and leaving it at that. If you had, then I wouldn't have said what I did or how I did.

You never know how something online will be taken when not worded clearly. However, I was perfectly calm when I posted what I did. Whether you want to believe that or not, not my problem.

Now..Let's get back on topic please? That picture of Elenore is priceless from today.