A Calendar of Royal Events

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Josefine said:
is there any state visits planned in the future?

Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands has a state visit to Turkey in January next year
I don't know whether any other state visits are taking place this year between reigning royal houses

July 21
Belgian National Day

Last edited:
September

3 - 9 th State Visit from Luxembourg to China.
18 - 19th State Visit from Norway to Ireland.
19th Prinsjesdag in The Netherlands
25 - 28 th State Visit from Portugal to Spain.

October

23 - 28 official visit to Austrlia made by the Prince & Princess of Oranje
31 - 4 november official visit to New Zealand made by the Prince & Princess of Oranje
opening of the swedish parliment

November
15 Opening of the UK Parliament

December

Spain

12 October. National Day
20 October. Prince of Asturias Awards

this calander thread has been forgotten totally.
is there any state visits this fall/winter planned

So i will try to get this thread started again help me out if you know what will happen in your favorite royal family

* December
- 1th-5th Crown Princess Victoria official visits to Paris
- 6th: Spain's Constitution Day, the whole Royal Family, if possible
- 10th: The Nobel Peace Prize will be awarded in Oslo, Norway. The whole Royal Family if possible
- 10th: The Nobel Prize Awarding Ceremony and Banquet in Stockholm, Sweden. The whole Royal Family if possible
- 11th: King Carl XVI Gustaf's Dinner for the Nobel Laureates, the whole Royal Family if possible
- 11th: The Nobel Prize Consert in Oslo Spektrum

- Christmas celebrations in Monaco, charity events including the whole Royal Family if possible
- Jordan Song Festival, King Abdullah and Queen Rania
- Christmas Service at Sandringham, the whole British Royal Family often attend
- Christmas Day - The Norwegian royals usually attend service in Holmenkollen kapell.

Jannuary
-1th - Denmark - Nytårskur og -taffel which is a gala dinner for the members of the cabinet, the higher ranked in defence and police,
-6th, Spian, Military Passover, the whole royal family if possible
-20th - 29th Monaco, International Circus Festivalthe whole royal family if possible

-Swedens Sports Gala - a few members of the royal family will be there
-Gala Dinner is sweden

Febrary
-Gala Dinner in Sweden

March
-Monaco, Rose Ball the whole royal family if possible

April
-30th, The Netherlands, The Queen's Daythe whole royal family if possible
-30th, Sweden King Carl XVI Gustaf birthday, a official celebration with flowers from the public, and a photo oppertunity with the royal family.

Last edited:
Jannuary
-6th, Spian, Military Passover, the whole royal family if possible
-20th - 29th Monaco, International Circus Festivalthe whole royal family if possible

-Swedens Sports Gala - a few members of the royal family will be there
-Gala Dinner is sweden

Febrary
-21th - 25th 70th birthday celebration of King Harald of Norway
-Gala Dinner in Sweden

March
-Monaco, Rose Ball the whole royal family if possible

April
-30th, The Netherlands, The Queen's Daythe whole royal family if possible
-30th, Sweden King Carl XVI Gustaf birthday, a official celebration with flowers from the public, and a photo oppertunity with the royal family.

May

Last edited:
Social Calendar

Callaghan said:
Maybe we need a "social calendar" thread for those who would like to enjoy themselves in a royal atmosphere.

I think that's a great idea. What's on the European social calendar?

Lets try posting month by month, no matter the country or region. When this thread gets big enough, we can divide posts up then.

Norwegianne, since I don't know much about the social calendar in Europe, I was thinking royal events and general events.

So, since the chances of most...and I didn't say all, but certainly most...of us being invited to, or attending royal events is slim to none, howabout if we post dances, and parties with a royal flavor---yet still accessable to anyone with the ability to get their hands on a ball dress, a touch of cash, and a spirit of fun?

I'll start out with...
For those of you in or around London, there is the Russian Nobility Summar Ball which will be held in July.

The St. Petersburg Ball looks like a great deal of fun, and not only does it benefit a good cause, but had you gone this year you could have said Howdy-do to Prince Michael of Kent.

America hosts its own Russian Nobility Ball, and this year's ball was in Houston Texas. This site can keep you up to date on association events.

GlitteringTiaras said:
One of my favorite sites that highlights the Social set and events is the New York Social Diary. The site discusses past as well as future events in society.

I know about that site and agree that it's great. But I'm more interested in the European social calendar. NY society is more "accessible" in that there are great websites like NYSD that tell you all the events that are a must.

You are lucky, BurberryBrit. In this weeks Point de Vue, there's an article with some sort of social calendar. I think there's a few events missing. But then again Point de Vue is a French magazine, so the featured events are mainly French, British and Swiss. If you or someone else is interested, I could scan it and post it here (probably on Friday night).

Yes, Coquine, please scan. I don't have access to PdV in the US (as far as I know). Thanks. :)

I’m very sorry, I can’t upload the article with ImageShack. I think the files are too heavy. I decided to just copy a list of the featured events. The list features also recommended holiday places and people to know and to be seen with.

P.S. Moderators, I don’t know how much you can copy from an article to the forums. The following list constitutes about 40 percent of the whole article. Is that ok ?

(by Adélaïde de Clermont-Tonnerre in Point de Vue)
Septembre (rentrée mondaine)
La soirée annuelle de la Fondation Claude Pompidou
Vernissage et dîner de gala de la Biennale des antiquaires

Octobre
La Nioulargue, à Saint-Tropez
Chasse royale en Espagne
Le prix de l’Arc de Triomphe à Longchamp
Frieze à Londres

Novembre
Messe de la Saint-Hubert
Remise du Prix de Flore

Décembre
Art Basel Miami
L’ouverture de la Scala à Milan

Janvier
Réveillon chez les Goldsmith à Careyes, au Mexique.
Réveillon chez les ducs de Wurtemberg au château d’Altshausen.
Punta del Este en Uruguay
Trancoso au Brésil
La Semaine de la haute couture à Paris.

Février
Le nouvel an chinois d’Andy et Patti Wong à Londres.
La Cresta Run de Saint-Moritz
Promenades en traîneaux, pique-niques et épreuves sportives en tout genre organisés par la princesse Astrid de Liechtenstein à Gstaad.
Les Oscars à Los Angeles, la soirée anuelle de Vanity Fair, le déjeuner de Barry Diller et de Diane von Furstenberg.
Dîner d’ouverture de l’Armory Show à New York.

Mars
Le week-end annuel du prince Léopold et Isabelle d’Arenberg avec beaucoup de sports et une fondue à Gstaad.
La descente aux flambeaux de Saint-Moritz.
Bal de la Rose à Monaco
Le festival annuel et les courses de bateaux à Lamu, au Kenya

Avril
Marrakech

Mai
Festival de Cannes
Déjeuner annuel de Johnny Pigozzi dans sa vila du Cap d’Antibes
Grand Prix de Monaco

Juin
Ouverture de la Biennale de Venise
Art Basel, à Bâle
Les courses royales d’Ascot
Un week-end à Espirito Santo au sud de Lisbonne, au Portugal, propriété de 40000 hectares appartenant à la famille du même nom. Jacques Grange y a une maison, tout comme Chantal de Hanovre.
Saint-Tropez, jamais à l’hôtel, mais en bateau ou chez des amis

Juillet
Semaine de la haute couture à Paris
Garden Party de l’Elysée, 14 juillet
Festival d’Aix et d’Avignon
Patmos en Grèce
Les Hamptons
Festival de Bayreuth

Août
Ibiza mais à l’abri des hordes de touristes, chez Jacqueline de Ribes par exemple, dans sa merveilleuse finca ou chez Tamara Mellon
Corse
Festival de Salzbourg
Le Festival à Deauville, l’idéal : être convié au château d’Hébertot chez le marquis de Dolans

I would just like to find out if there are any visits planned between royal houses this year.

How do they decide where or who they are going to visit?

Events for the Norwegian Royals in 2008:

The Norwegian Royal Couple will visit Portugal in autumn.

They will recieve a State Visit from Irelnd.
(No Visit to or from another Royal Family). :neutral:

Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit will visit Chile from January 23th to 26th.

King Harald and Queen Sonja will celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary in August. (I cannot imagine they planned bigger celebrations for this)

Events for the Danish Royal Family in 2008:

Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik will pay a state visit to Mexico in February

Prince Joachim will marry his fiance Marie Cavallier on May 24th

Crown Prince Frederik will celebrate his 40th birthday on May 26th

:)

A joint visit to Svalbard 21 - 27 june
Crown Princess Victoria, Crown Prince Frederk and Crown Prince Haakon

A joint visit to Svalbard 21 - 27 june
Crown Princess Victoria, Crown Prince Frederk and Crown Prince Haakon
Thank you Josefine :flowers: I suppose this has something to do with their polar patronages? Will be looking forward to some spectacular pics from Svalbard.

You are welcome

is there any celebration planned for birthdays of the royals?

A private celebration was held for Crown Prince Frederik's 40th birthday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom