Update of the NRF website, 2007, December 2009 & February 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

norwegianne

Majesty
City
Rogaland
Country
Norway
http://www.kongehuset.no

Kongehuset.no has changed appearance, away from the royal blue, into something oddly similar to the Danish counterpart.

What's your opinion on the new design?

It seems like more info is translated to English which is nice, especially having the engagements in English. I also like how they gave Marius his own section just like Ingrid and Sverre.

Did anyone read the english version? Sverre is listed HH. In the norwegian site he is plain prince. i also like the black and white portrait of Mette-Marit in which she wears the amethyst tiara. stunning!

I really like the new site vs. the old one. And I especially love that black and white photo of Mette-Marit that berry was speaking of. Stunning!

Speaking of that photo of Mette-Marit, here it is: Mette

I could easily see this photo in Vogue or Vanity Fair. Tres chic. :)

I think it's a bit strange Marius got his own profile, but Leah and Maud are only linked to their mother's biography.
Imo they have the same "status" (or even a higher one, since they are the daughters of a born Princess) as Marius and should have an own profile, too.

It's okay that Marius has his own profil at Kongehuset.no (It shows how much he has been accepted), but I think Leah, Maud and Ari should have their own Portraits and Profiles then, too...:rolleyes:

Her_Majesty said:
I think it's a bit strange Marius got his own profile, but Leah and Maud are only linked to their mother's biography.
Imo they have the same "status" (or even a higher one, since they are the daughters of a born Princess) as Marius and should have an own profile, too.

It's okay that Marius has his own profil at Kongehuset.no (It shows how much he has been accepted), but I think Leah, Maud and Ari should have their own Portraits and Profiles then, too...:rolleyes:

Well, this has something to do with the parental status: MM is the future Queen, wife of the future sovereign - so her son is (unofficially) a member of the crown princely family.
But Märtha Louise is no HRH anymore, and by that no official member of the Royal House ("only" a private member of the royal family). Her daughters, no matter if their mother was a born Princess, are considered as, more or less, private citizens. Marius, as the stepson of the next monarch, will always possess a special role within the family (a fact that his mother is unlikely to be very fond of)

The webside, by the way, looks just fantastic!

Her_Majesty said:

Technically, none of them (Marius, Leah Isadora, and Maud Angelica) are members of the royal house. Marius probably has his own profile because his mother is the crown princess, and because he often appears in royal events. Leah Isadora and Maud Angelica are the daughters of the princess, but Martha Louise isn't a member of the royal house anymore. She is also not styled "Her Royal Highness." I think that is mostly it. Also, Marius's little brother, Prince Sverre Magnus, is technically not a member of the royal house, as well, and if SM had his own page, and Marius did not, his being the only one linked by his mother's page, I think that would be worse. Haakon and MM have tried so hard to make it seem like SM and Marius are on the same level, so to have their pages on different levels would be very against that.

berry said:
Did anyone read the english version? Sverre is listed HH. In the norwegian site he is plain prince
I'm not sure why it is "His Highness" Prince Sverre Magnus- when he was born, the royal announcement stated that he was to be known as Prince Sverre Magnus, with no HRH in front of it, much like the styling of Princess Martha Louise (who is also listed as "Her Highness"). Only the members of the royal house carry the styling His/Her Royal Highness, His/Her Magesty, so those with the stylings are His Majesty King Harold V, Her Majesty Queen Sonja, His Royal Highness Crown Prince Haakon, Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Mette-Marit, and Her Royal Highness Princess Ingrid Alexandra.

All I can say is- someone made an oops!

Crown Princess Mette-Marit looks gorgeous in her picture- much more flattering than some of her other ones

LadyK said:
Technically, none of them (Marius, Leah Isadora, and Maud Angelica) are members of the royal house.
Exactly.:rolleyes: ... I don't have a problem at all with Marius having an own profile , but it would have been nice if ALL members of the family had their own profile. .. and when Marius (as a "common" member of the family ;) ) has a profile, all the other common members of the Family should have one,too.. So also Märtha's children.
That's just my personal point of view. ;)

Last edited:
The black and white photo of Ingrid Alexandra made in 2004 is one I have never seen and does not look like her other photos.

Best pics

IMO these are the best official portraits of any royal house to date. Only HM King Harald V appears tense in his portrait. Everyone else seems beautiful, relaxed, clothing, hair, makeup, tiara, etc. excellent! Haakon, as always, looks great. But this is the first time that all three women (Sonja, MM, ML) have been totally on their top game. Kudos to whomever edited this royal site.

Also, on another board, someone mentioned that MM seemed to appear a little more sexy, a la Madeleine in her photos. I've always thought she was sexy but I do think that this is the most relaxed and refreshed we've seen in a long time.

Mapper

I like the layout of the new site.

I have to agree with Her Majesty though about the pictures for Leah Isadora, and Maud Angelica.

I think its confusing to click on a picture of Leah Isadora or Maud Angelica and go to the profile of Martha-Louise. If the website is going to carry their pictures, at least it should state explicitly that they're the daughters of Martha-Louise and Ari so the visitors don't have to guess it because Leah's picture goes to Martha's profile.

kwanfan said:
It seems like more info is translated to English which is nice, especially having the engagements in English. I also like how they gave Marius his own section just like Ingrid and Sverre.
I agree. Its very well done. I haven't found it yet, but does the new site have a family tree like the old one had?

Last edited:
I really like this new and well improved website!

As far as Leah and Maud not having a profile and Marius having one, I can see why with Marius' mother being the future Queen. Now I don't follow the NRF religiously but does ML want her little girls to grow up in the royal spot lot or is she following in the same steps as the Princess Royal of the UK and keeping her children out of the media spot light so they can grow up relatively normal?

Also (and this is something I've always wondered) is why Princess Ragnhild never smiles? Her profile makes her look like a mean old woman!

I am so happy that they re-designed the old one....well looked like something that I would have put up (and I have no technique)

Thank God they did this!:lol:
Now the Worst Royal Webpage Razzie goes without discussion to the Spanish Royal House:ermm::ermm::ermm:

The all look chunky on that first page, and I know they're not. That pic has to be changed.

OMG, the new site looks soo much better than the old one!!
Bravo to whoever suggested the change!!! :D

I like the new site. It reminds me of the Danish royal families' site. I'm really happy that Marius has his own profile.

I must say that the new web-site is a great improvement :flowers: It's much more userfriendly. So thumb's up to the palace ICT department! I also like that the Crown Princely couple have got their own section.

think its so much better than the old one !! great photographs !!

Arrh I loove this new site ! So great they did this, and the new pictures are gorgeous. I absolutely love the fact that Marius has his own profile. Very nice gesture. Under The Crown Princess, and then "fotoalbum" there are some stunning new shots of Mette-Marit ! :rolleyes:
I wonder if the Norwegian royal family is getting inspiration from the Danish one, these sites are very alike, and one of the pictures of Mette-Marit is very Mary.. (the white and black one):
kongehuset.no - Fotoalbum
Also the crown prince family now has its own site..

Last edited:
wow, I like this site, very great foto's from Mette-Marit!
I like it that marius got his own profile!

i liked the blue layout, i must say, it looked really regal, specially with a beautiful photo of the king and queen and princes in gala. the new one looks okay to me, although i prefered the other one.

the only but of the older one was that it was a bit to simple in terms of design appart from the start page, with a boring times new roman font and it wasn't updated that often appart from press releases. the english site was also non-existant. hope this one will solve all the logistics problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom